F/S: TREK mountain bike. Over $4k invested!

Moto-Brian

you trying to buy another bike or what Brian? jeez...

nice looking bike, although i think your imageshack buttons are interfering with the ohio-riders new image script, or the pics really are that small. just post up the actual %7Boption%7D script and the forum will automatically resize.

bump

you trying to buy another bike or what Brian? jeez...

nice looking bike, although i think your imageshack buttons are interfering with the ohio-riders new image script, or the pics really are that small. just post up the actual %7Boption%7D script and the forum will automatically resize.

bump

I'm getting a Gary Fisher Paragon 29er hard tail... This needs to go bye-bye...

Your fucking crazy. 5k on a mountain bike is just sickening. Your asking more than I bought my car for.

I'm asking $1200. That's pretty fair considering a typical mountain bike with VERY low end features would run you around $1k...

Add it up. They would run you about $5k when it was said and done. That bike when in stock form was over $1200 alone. $3800 is in the wheels, forks, XTR, posts, bars, tires, computer, etc...

It isn't a Target or Wal-Mart bike, but you dare not seriously ride one of those at a place like Alum Creek...

I'm not saying you don't have that much into it, I'm saying that someone could, or would dump 5k into a bicycle is sickening.

Road bikes are the worst. My step father has ridden competitively since college, and he has more money in bikes in the basement than in cars in the garage. His custom built Waterford and his custom carbon frame both cast about $5k each, just for the frame & forks. The Kestrel carbon TT bike I'm building will end up around $3k total, and it's a gonna be a piece of shit, relatively speaking. It's all the result of exotic materials and using all this high-tech research for parts development. There's a custom builder called Seven, and I read an article recently about their sales:

Seven sold about 2,700 bikes last year, most in the $7,000-$8,000 range with the most expensive topping out at $14,000.
I guess it's all about what people that love the sport are willing to pay.

I picked up a seven sola about 2 years ago (had the frame fabricated to my specs) and it's the last mountain bike I'll ever get. As for trek bikes, they're one of the best large production bikes out there. They have been race proven by several pros: lance, roland green, and MTB hall of famer travis brown. The biggest perk is the consumer can ride a bike identical to the pros.

Seven sola was the bike of choice for the US olympic MTB team.

anyhow, that STP should sell easily if you post it in the right places.

Also, I have a kestrel talon SL frameset I'm trying to get rid of. Offers?

I picked up a seven sola about 2 years ago (had the frame fabricated to my specs) and it's the last mountain bike I'll ever get. As for trek bikes, they're one of the best large production bikes out there. They have been race proven by several pros: lance, roland green, and MTB hall of famer travis brown. The biggest perk is the consumer can ride a bike identical to the pros.

Seven sola was the bike of choice for the US olympic MTB team.

anyhow, that STP should sell easily if you post it in the right places.

Also, I have a kestrel talon SL frameset I'm trying to get rid of. Offers?

Any ideas where to advertise it? I was going to do Craigs in WV and places like Cincy and such. I tried the Ohio Mountain Bike site and it went nowhere. I think the price is more than fair. I wanted $1500 before and figured $1200 would get people to bite. The thing with this bike that hurts it is the fact it can't go disc. That's why I am selling it so cheap.

craigslist and ebay are popular places for people to find bicycles and components. They are much easier to ship than motorcycle parts, to people look on a national scale for finds like this. I've had great luck with sales on ebay in the past. If it doesn't have the disc tabs on the rear stays, there is an adaptor available to convert the bike to full disc. There are still several people out there who would prefer to use ceramic rims because they have very similar braking power in all condition and they can build the bikes under 20 pounds. I know the fox fork can accomidate a disc brake. If it wasn't for the carbon stays, you could send the frame to a welder and have one put on. The other option is to sell the bike on consinement at your local bike shop.

I know that bike would fit my girlfriend perfectly and she's getting more into riding. She just bought a new road bike over the summer, maybe I can persuade her into picking up a mountain bike too for the trails in maryland.

Edited by playerpro153

I know that bike would fit my girlfriend perfectly and she's getting more into riding. She just bought a new road bike over the summer, maybe I can persuade her into picking up a mountain bike too for the trails in maryland.

Dude, if you can get her to buy it, I will hook you up with some Fox mountain bike gear as a commission...

Just some 411... An STP 400 frame - same as this one in black with the Team Volkswagon stickers - sold for $400.00 yesterday...

Willing to trade (plus cash, of course) for a Gary Fisher Paragon 29er 2007 or 2008 model. Possibly the Rig (2008 only)...