Have you done your taxes yet?

SilverAudiMike

I used TurboTax for the Second Year in a row. VERY EASY. Took less than an hour, including installing the program.

We got a Return from the Fed (will be direct deposited to my Account).

We Owed the State (was direct withdrawn from my Account).

It was not as cheap as other's but it worked well ($50 for the program, Free Federal E-Filing, and $20 State E-Filing).

:thumbup:

KillJoy

Who or what did you use? I was just going to use TurboTax again this year.

i used turbo tax. i think mine may have come back a little quicker because i had it in for most companies send theirs out (1/30 or 1/31). my work had ours online on 1/23. i filed about 2pm that day, got email sat my fed was accepted, and sunday that state was accepted.

i called my bank thurs night to check on my deposit since i was getting a PTO payout, and he told me my refunds were coming through as well. you can imagine my surprise when turbo tax said to get my refund by 1/30, i would have had to submit it by 1/22, and the expected date of arrival was 2/6.

and i swear last year i had to pay an extra 30$ for direct deposit, but this year that was free, and all i paid was the 25.95 or whatever plus tax for my state filing.

used H&R block---cost around $400. i just don't have the time/patience to use one of the computer programs. also, i end up having to fill out tons of forms with all the deductions that i have for work/travel/etc. i don't mind paying $400, when i can get my taxes done in 1 hour instead of 4-6 hours.

SCREW Liberty Tax on Cleveland. They said that I couldnt use my tuition as a deduction like I have for the past 3 years because they are loans (a total of $9k). My federal refund was going to be $36.

Then I found this:

http://www.irs.gov/publications/p970/ch06.html

It clearly states that you can use student loans as a deduction.