new taurus SHO 350hp twin turbo?

88lx5oh

If I was looking into buying a new car, this car wouldn't make the top 25 on my list of 5. IMO the name was a bad idea, call it something else. When is the last time you saw a taurus driving down the road, then said "Boy, that sure is one hell of a machine right there." .....not never. Some images can't be changed,

Um, I take it you never heard of a Taurus SHO before today huh? I say "there goes a hell of a machine" everytime I see an 89-99 sho go down the road. They were very innovative and put down impressive numbers for their day. Go google taurus SHO before you come in acting like you know what you are talking about. I have owned 3 SHOs in my life time and am actually excited about this car. It was standard CR on this thread though. Doesnt matter what car you post on here, you will always have people that dump on it and say how they could build it better, or they can run a company better....same old recording around here. Anyway, I will be buying one if for nothing other than my memories of having my old SHOs and always wanting to own a new one.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://iboshi.com/db2/00149/iboshi.com/_uimages/A6_rear_IMG.JPG

The performance model of that car, the RS6 (twin turbo v8 biatch) was available in auto only. Not that theres anything wrong with the 2.7 :)

Someone also mentioned that using the "Taurus" name isnt a good idea. Ford tried that by renaming the Taurus to Five Hundred which lead to worst sales ever. Now its called the Taurus again.

Findlay, OH makes cents.

oookkk...and you feel a need to attack me why? Sorry my opinion differs from yours, and im sorry I dont drive an LSx car like everyone else....i guess that makes me wrong. Oh and sorry for living in Findlay....? I really have no idea what you mean by that, and you didnt even spell SENSE correctly.

you referenced "running these companies"....my bad for not seeing where you excluded Ford from your comment.

Newflash....they didn't need to because back in 2006 they mortgaged everything they owned, including the Ford Logo, during their $23 billion borrowing spree...or as it's now known "a restructuring plan" :rolleyes:

So in essence they did took a private sector bailout package 3 years ago vs taking one from the gov't this year. same difference. only they didn't get the press from CNN and others because back then the issues was below the radar. now if they fail, who do you think will be asking the gov't for help.....those very same lenders Ford has on the hook right now. :(

What they did is equivalent to my wife's bankruptcy clients...they take 2nd and 3rd mortgages out until they are completely in debt up to their eyeballs, just prolonging the inevitable with lines of credit. so while GM burned through cash, Ford borrowed against their assets. It's just a race to see who goes broke first. it could end up burning them in the end, because if they don't have any assets worth a shit, and GM and Chrysler don't make this thing work, there's zero chance or reason for the gov't to lend them money in the future.

Hopefully they enjoy the good press and appearance of doing okay...because they aren't really doing okay. in fact they too posted a Record Loss For 2008 to the tune of $14.6B.

Excuse me while I go spend my home equity line of credit and pretend I'm rolling in cash. :rolleyes: Yeah baby!! I'm the "New Ford"

Ford Motor Company would like to thank you for your patronage during your new vehicle purchase.

Ford Motor Company would like to thank you for your patronage during your new vehicle purchase.

take the 33% thanks now because part of Ford's financial struggles they are dumping 20% of their investment in Mazda ......again, a struggling company trying to raise cash.......they can have their weak ass rods back if they want them too. if they do sell, it will be a horrible mistake for them both.

thanksfully my MS3 was assembled in Japan....it does show.

Edited by TTQ B4U

on a side note the last time Cadillac tired to comparable small car from Chevy they failed big time.

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/1980-1989-cadillac-4.jpg

Was thinking of this car, as well. My aunt and uncle used to have one years ago. A later model beige one. It was a complete piece of shit. All of them were. It was a rebadged Cavalier, if I remember correctly, with shitty plastic panels attached to it (I think depending on year and/or model) and horrible wood trim interior, etc. to make it appear more upscale. :barf: It was like putting cheap makeup on an incredibly ugly, cheap whore. It was also twice the cost of it's siblings.

Keep an eye out for a thread I'm about to start called 10 Cars That Damaged GM's Reputation (With Video).

take the 33% thanks now because part of Ford's financial struggles they are dumping 20% of their investment in Mazda ......again, a struggling company trying to raise cash.......they can have their weak ass rods back if they want them too. if they do sell, it will be a horrible mistake for them both.

thanksfully my MS3 was assembled in Japan....it does show.

Most car companies are struggling. Some just more than others.

Again, I dont see where all the hostility for Ford comes in this thread. The F150 is the best selling vehicle in America, the Taurus was special and with the latest retool will be special again.

I think that's all the OP was really trying to say.

Again, I dont see where all the hostility for Ford comes in this thread. The F150 is the best selling vehicle in America, the Taurus was special and with the latest retool will be special again.

I think the hostility stems from the spin that Ford puts on the fact that they didn't participate in the gov't loan programs and that somehow they are better than the other two.

IMO, they are slightly ahead of the whole restructuring, but they created the very same issues and are in process of hopefully fixing them. They just come across a bit smug about it though.

They have done well with the F150. If I were in the market for a truck, I'd likely buy it over any other. I too miss the days of the 80's when the Taurus kicked the snot out of all the others by leading in sales. I bought my Mazda because for me it offered everything I was looking for vs other makes/models out there. People buy value....and my only hope is with the new Taurus, they hit on value. Performance and coolness is great...but it doesn't often lead the way in sales figures....and all us sales people know "sales cures everything"

In the end, I just hope the US Makers do survive and turn thier sinking ships around before too long.

The F150 is the best selling vehicle in America

And I have no idea why. I have always disliked Fords. I think they are ugly, and complete piles of feces. But I also think that about just about every American car and maybe that's just me and it is just my opinion so no offense to anyone who owns one. Now European fords I don't like much either, but they are a lot better. My step mom had an older ford fiesta. Good little car, did what it was supposed to do, be a gas friendly commuting car that didn't have that cheap ass plastic interior that squeaks and creeks and moans...im looking at you mustang.

Anyway, my point was....ever seen the top gear where Jeremy tests the f150 lightning? He talks about how its the best selling car in America blablabla and then goes on about what a big piece of crap it is.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/057-Top-Gear-Ford-F150_183157.htm

Doesnt matter what car you post on here, you will always have people that dump on it and say how they could build it better, or they can run a company better....

Psssh ... that was a gay post, I could have written that post better. Hell, maybe if I was just watching over your shoulder directing you it would have gotten its point across more effectively.

I really have no idea what you mean by that, and you didn't even spell SENSE correctly.

If I know Ben, and I don't ... given the American Auto Industry's situation, "cents" was used as a pun.

Good little car, did what it was supposed to do, be a gas friendly commuting car that didn't have that cheap ass plastic interior that squeaks and creeks and moans...

that's one thing that I've noticed with my MS3 and even our now 5yr old MPV that my inlaws bought from us and have 75k miles on....both are very tight vehicles with little to no interior issues.

the MS3 had one in the dash that was the Cowl cover which had a TSB and the radio bezel creak that was easily fixed due to the clips making noise. Otherwise, the car is super tight and no rattles or squeaks. I consider it amazing considering how the car rides so firm.

other than my 02 Trailblazer which I loved, it's been one of the few rides that I've not had to fix the little annoyances in on a weekly basis.

My wifes old Alero was chattering like a bird at the end and my GXP had to undergo a fair number of my own fixes. Flip side....I had to work on my 03 Accord just the same, which was one of the disappointing things about it when I bought it.

Psssh ... that was a gay post, I could have written that post better. Hell, maybe if I was just watching over your shoulder directing you it would have gotten its point across more effectively.

If I know Ben, and I don't ... given the American Auto Industry's situation, "cents" was used as a pun.

LOL yah I would appreciate your guidance next time I post. Im sure you could've done it much better!

And the "cents" to "sense" thing. I dont think it was a pun because he typed where I live and said, "that makes cents" I dont know what he means by that. I take it he has something against where I live?!

LOL yah I would appreciate your guidance next time I post. Im sure you could've done it much better!

And the "cents" to "sense" thing. I dont think it was a pun because he typed where I live and said, "that makes cents" I dont know what he means by that. I take it he has something against where I live?!

dont' read too much into anything you see here. Most of the time we rip each others heads off and are cool 10 mins later.

normally you would only see this kind of car going to the overseas market.

I think both Ford and GM are starting to realize that for a number of reasons it makes sense to bring the Non-US market like vehicles and influence here.

Ford needs a kick ass little car to compete with the sport compact market and really play into the trend of smaller which is hot now. They should have already had a hot-version of the Fusion but still don't.

And I have no idea why. I have always disliked Fords. I think they are ugly, and complete piles of feces. But I also think that about just about every American car and maybe that's just me and it is just my opinion so no offense to anyone who owns one. Now European fords I don't like much either, but they are a lot better. My step mom had an older ford fiesta. Good little car, did what it was supposed to do, be a gas friendly commuting car that didn't have that cheap ass plastic interior that squeaks and creeks and moans...im looking at you mustang.

Anyway, my point was....ever seen the top gear where Jeremy tests the f150 lightning? He talks about how its the best selling car in America blablabla and then goes on about what a big piece of crap it is.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/057-Top-Gear-Ford-F150_183157.htm

Well that settles it, the millions of buyers and repeat buyers who have had great success with their F150s are wrong and you are right:)

Um, again, thanks for taking a backended slap at my car. I've had it for 9 years with no squeaks and rattles. Its a good car, must be why I've held on to it for so long. It's all about dollars and what you get. Your Audi is a nice car, but like I said before, its the "Dodge" of German automakers. MB and BMW will always be superior in the minds of the buying public looking at the type of machine.

I'm going to assume you work on your own car so dont take this next statement personally. However, it seems quite ironic to me that such perfect machines from Germany would require service departments and their respective dealerships. Weird, huh? Oh, and at 200 bucks a service hour to diagnose a service engine soon light, I think I will stick with my "rattle trap."

I did see the Top Gear episode to which you referred. I found it equally as ironic that they chose a Lightning to represent the typical F150 that "Stupid, unrefined Americans" typically buy. The build quality could have been better in 03. If you remember, 04 was the next change in body style and that fit and finish went through the roof. 09 has been even better. As was said in a previous post, reserve your judgement for current vehicles.

Good luck with your car. It does look sharp.

I do, I've been to Findley, it sucks. :cool: Keep thinking. makes cents Post 9

What I believe he is saying is that regardless of improvements Ford has made in recent years, they and the other US automakers are doomed because of the decades of shitty expensive cars they put out.

Come on, man! Hope springs eternal. If Japan can take market share, Americans can take it back. Turn off CNN and cut the doom and gloom.

Dont underestimate the motivation of someone or some thing fighting to survive.

Well that settles it, the millions of buyers and repeat buyers who have had great success with their F150s are wrong and you are right:)

Um, again, thanks for taking a backended slap at my car. I've had it for 9 years with no squeaks and rattles. Its a good car, must be why I've held on to it for so long. It's all about dollars and what you get. Your Audi is a nice car, but like I said before, its the "Dodge" of German automakers. MB and BMW will always be superior in the minds of the buying public looking at the type of machine.

I'm going to assume you work on your own car so dont take this next statement personally. However, it seems quite ironic to me that such perfect machines from Germany would require service departments and their respective dealerships. Weird, huh? Oh, and at 200 bucks a service hour to diagnose a service engine soon light, I think I will stick with my "rattle trap."

I did see the Top Gear episode to which you referred. I found it equally as ironic that they chose a Lightning to represent the typical F150 that "Stupid, unrefined Americans" typically buy. The build quality could have been better in 03. If you remember, 04 was the next change in body style and that fit and finish went through the roof. 09 has been even better. As was said in a previous post, reserve your judgement for current vehicles.

Good luck with your car. It does look sharp.

I said that was my opinion and apparently I am not the only one who has that same opinion. I was not taking a jab at your car, I didnt even realize you had a mustang. My first car was a 99 v6 mustang so I know exactly what they are like. And for calling my car the "dodge" of german cars...obviously shows that you too have a personal preference and are making a "backended slap" at someone elses car who just so happens to be a dodge.

The general car buying public doesn't know shit about cars, they buy it cause its pretty and the rest of the other trend following morons have them too. The general public thinks that of BMW and Mercedes because they don't know any better. Its funny because every new car has that big grill that AUDI came out with on the B7 chassis, everyone and their mom now has AWD which came from...you guessed it...AUDI. Every car out there reminds me of what Audi has been for the last 20 years. But the general public doesn't know that shit.

Not quite sure what you were trying to say, but I never said German OR Japanese cars were perfect. Yes, I do work on my car myself 99% of the time. The couple of times I didnt feel like doing it myself it was 80$ and hour, probably the same if you were to take the mustang somewhere.

Now with all that said. I know why people buy Mustangs, they are inexpensive, they are everywhere so parts are easy to come buy, easy to work on, RWD, etc etc. So I dont think any less of you or anyone who drives or owns one, or any other car for that matter. But it goes back to what the general car buying public wants, and right now, they dont want that.