new taurus SHO 350hp twin turbo?

88lx5oh

Turbocharged 350hp FWD.....

Better pray it doesn't have any torque steer.

what a joke, all awd and rwd guys make this out to be way worse than it really is. a lsd, intermediate shaft, and equal length axles and my car pulls dead straight everytime.

to ford....v6 tt and 350 is a very weak showing when nissan just came out with a 330hp NA v6. and why are u trying to make a sporty (i say sporty not sports) car that is still fwd. is this to compete against the tl, which i think is behind the times? if so, they are really aiming high :rolleyes:

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to ford....v6 tt and 350 is a very weak showing when nissan just came out with a 330hp NA v6.

True, but how does the torque curve compare? 370z has 270ft lbs, and the Ford engine makes 350ft lbs. Bet its nice and flat too. Then ofcourse you can simply "turn up the boozt yo" and i bet it will be in the 400hp range and over 400ft/lbs. But its still fwd unfortunately so its going nowhere with that kind of power. :p

someone else already pointed it out, the car is AWD!!!

and the 'ecoboost' engines were developed for good power with good fuel economy. with direct injection, these engines will get great mileage while still having 350HP.

i didnt read all the posts, as far as i saw it was fwd so if it is awd then its a good step as long as its somewhat sport oriented and not some terrible, safety oriented design say like on bwms

you would have a point if they were in fact using any of said bank money. ford has $18.9B on hand and have been operating off of on hand cash. this cash is rumored to last around a year and a half if the automotive sales climate doesn't change(which "analysts" have recently been saying should recover this summer).

Their year end summary showed they ended 08 with just under $14M in cash but I'm reading a year end statement I get from my stock, so who knows. They did recently announce that they would be drawing $10B of their Equity line Yeah...they better take that equity money now...as I would expect it's going to get trimmed by the banks shortly.

and, what they did(by going to the banks) is no different than you and me walking into a bank and asking for a loan. they put together a plan that was similar to what they sent to congress and asked the banks for some cash.

maybe you but not me. I don't need to go to the bank and leverage equity in my home, our property investment LLC or my wife's law practice to survive. We maintain a line of credit but only to insure it's there "in case" we need it or to benefit from interest write offs and lower interest rates where applicable. Ford on the other hand is using it because they know they are likely going to need it and it may not be there to take. GM and Chrysler should have done the same thing 3yrs ago when they had the chance.

i'll say it again: ford has been operating on on-hand cash. quit getting your "facts" from CNN, and do some real research on what these companies are really doing. mulally knows his shit, and has turned around ford in no time at all.

Sure he knows his stuff....selling off what he can to get the money to survive...borrowing against what's left and securing the funds before they are taken away and laying off and trimming the fat. Nothing shockingly surprising there. Between the money Ford has and the money they are drawing from the equity line, they should be able to ride out this year, but they do need sales to turn around to do so.

the 18.8 was the most recent i could find, so who knows.

or the credit line ford is using isn't just for an "in case" situation? im pretty sure they dont plan on operating off of it for the next 10 years, rather keeping it available "in case" auto sales dont pick up this year.

im talking about the future plans he's laid out for ford, not the cash/credit things taking place over the past few years that you keep talking about. the way it stands, ford has all bases covered for the future, far and near, pending any major disasters in the auto industry(sales staying in the slump or dropping lower for the next year or 2, an automaker crashing, etc.).