new taurus SHO 350hp twin turbo?

88lx5oh

they're looking for decent power, GOOD GAS MILEAGE,

Lets stop right here for a second.

Turbo + V6 + AWD = mileage like a small SUV. Even my dinky 4cyl 2.0L with a manual transmission and an efficient AWD system has trouble averaging 20+mpg at the pumps.

tons of amenities, low maintenance,

Stop one more time. Where do people look for reliable cars? Japan. Doesn't matter if Ford is on-par with japanese manufacturers. Lack of reliability from american manufacturers has been ETCHED into our collective conciousness. People buy american because they either want a cheap car, or they want a Ford/GM/Mopar specificly.

that being said, my wife's exact words were "there's no way we will ever own a fucking taurus"

Exactly.

The big 3 are screwing this up big time and it's proving that all they can do is more of the same. What they should have done is this:

File for restructuring

Send the UAW packing

Come back under a NEW name

Then cut down to a small number of profitable models and build up from there.

They need to show the american public that they are serious about changing. Until they do, they will have the same STIGMA about them. GM or Chrysler should have come back as a Hybrid-Only manufacturer. Bells and wistles should be toned down and quality focused on. Oh no! you won't get the latest Bio-tech pheremone-activated butt massager, but you get a car that's solid, dependable, and with a lower TCO than the others.

PEOPLE ARE SHEEP. I can't believe the number of times large companies forget this. People want to be told what is important. Just look at this "miles per tank" bullshit in car ads now. Tell Mr. Jones and his wife what should matter to them, and what matters is what your car excells at.

The Big 3 took a couple hits. But rather than take advantage of them as opportunities, they decided to stubbornly do the same-old shit. THAT is why this car looks like a steaming pile of shit. It'll have lower than average MPG for its class, have a higher TCO, and cost more due to all the gadgets, with ABSOLUTELY NO reassurance that it's any higher quality than previous models. They'll see only a handful because (as it's proponent here have said) it's not a performance car so enthusiasts won't want it, and families won't want to pay the extra cash. It'll be another car that loses money.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i guess we'll see.

i don't see myself supporting foreign car companies--ever. the next two (new) cars we will buy are going to be gm products. i've had good luck with american cars--my grandpa still daily drives my old 155k mile '90 grand prix---and average luck with jap cars (my wife has had 2, and i currently beat on her '99 sentra).

Turbo + V6 + AWD = mileage like a small SUV. Even my dinky 4cyl 2.0L with a manual transmission and an efficient AWD system has trouble averaging 20+mpg at the pumps.

No offense, but that is subaru' fault. Lets take the A4 vs Wrx comparison for a spin.

1. A4 Weighs more.

2. A4 is probably faster :eek:

3. Has the same size engine.

4. A4 Gets insanely better fuel mileage.

I get better fuel mileage modded than I did stock even, On long commutes from Springfield --> Columbus or such I've averaged 33mpg+. On my last trip to CT in the A4 I average 30.xMPG (based off of gallons/mileage) and this was not with the cruise on @ 65 lol. Also, this is through PA/WV (HILLY).

The new HUGE 4000lb+ AWD A6 with a 3.0L Supercharged engine gets better fuel mileage than a WRX. maybe they should look into direct injection, hell GM did.

:p

No offense, but that is subaru' fault. Lets take the A4 vs Wrx comparison for a spin.

1. A4 Weighs more.

2. A4 is probably faster :eek:

3. Has the same size engine.

4. A4 Gets insanely better fuel mileage.

I get better fuel mileage modded than I did stock even, On long commutes from Springfield --> Columbus or such I've averaged 33mpg+. On my last trip to CT in the A4 I average 30.xMPG (based off of gallons/mileage) and this was not with the cruise on @ 65 lol. Also, this is through PA/WV (HILLY).

The new HUGE 4000lb+ AWD A6 with a 3.0L Supercharged engine gets better fuel mileage than a WRX. maybe they should look into direct injection, hell GM did.

:p

Even so, a TT V6 AWD car is still going to be one of the lowest in its class for MPG.

I'd love to be able to afford the Cadillac e-flex concept. If you have seen pics, it's pretty sweet. Sadly I know I will not. More marketing towards a small demographic when essentially it's the same car as the chevy volt with a better "brand", you wouldn't want to take advantage of that brand. :rolleyes:

I can still remember when Buick was considered to be a higher brand than Cadillac, I bet most here didn't even know that. Buick is almost non existent now. Sell the Caddy brand, don't focus on Chevy. A name may be a name, but americans agin are dumb. Take advantage of that. I know many people that will buy a caddy, but not a chevy. :mad:

No way, older people love Buick, It went Chevy, Pontiac, Olds, Caddy for the young Wealthy demographic, then when you have money and really want nice cars and got older you would buy a Buick. Hell why does Buick continue to advertise to all the golfers at tons of events? Ask someone over 55-60. Tiger sells BUICK. Hell the Buick Muscle cars cost much more than their Chevy counterparts back in the day and were loaded with the creature comforts of the time.

If I was looking into buying a new car, this car wouldn't make the top 25 on my list of 5. IMO the name was a bad idea, call it something else. When is the last time you saw a taurus driving down the road, then said "Boy, that sure is one hell of a machine right there." .....not never. Some images can't be changed,

It used to be called the 500 and didn't do so well from what I remember reading. They (Ford) was to give it a name that everyone was familiar with and from what I remember the Taurus didn't do bad in sales either.

No way, older people love Buick, It went Chevy, Pontiac, Olds, Caddy for the young Wealthy demographic, then when you have money and really want nice cars and got older you would buy a Buick. Hell why does Buick continue to advertise to all the golfers at tons of events? Ask someone over 55-60. Tiger sells BUICK. Hell the Buick Muscle cars cost much more than their Chevy counterparts back in the day and were loaded with the creature comforts of the time.

do some more checking people drive buick when they can't afford a caddy

um... Buick dropped Tiger.

Oh, our mistake obviously.

Did I mention my uncle Remus owns buick ?

And he "confirms it to me".

You have a PHD in anything? His is at OSU, along with his Masters. Shitty school, He's Written a textbook for automotive service, I'm sure he doesn't know his research. PHDs are easy to attain and full of BS. Not to mention the only thing you can claim 30+ years experience in is breathing and no wait you can't do that.

You have a PHD in anything? His is at OSU, along with his Masters. Shitty school, He's Written a textbook for automotive service, I'm sure he doesn't know his research. PHDs are easy to attain and full of BS. Not to mention the only thing you can claim 30+ years experience in is breathing and no wait you can't do that.

Exactly how sore is your vagina right now?

Ummm one persons opinion doesn't make you right. :)

Psss don't ruin it for everyone, once he realizes this it won't be as much fun for us.

He has resorted to bench racing HUMANS!

"MY FATHER IN LAW HAS A PHD!!!! HE IS THE LAW!! OMGZ!! THAT MAKES ME LIKE CO-PHD AND WHAT I SAY GOEZ!! "