new taurus SHO 350hp twin turbo?

88lx5oh

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 turbos and only 350hp? Same old gay american engineering. Go out of business already, clearly they don't learn.

Yeah, cuz the guy wanting to light up the strip or carve out corners is gonna think about a Taurus....demographics, baby

The car will sell...there is already a huge buzz about the 2010 Taurus around here.

Yeah, cuz the guy wanting to light up the strip or carve out corners is gonna think about a Taurus....demographics, baby

The car will sell...there is already a huge buzz about the 2010 Taurus around here.

Says the ford sales manager.

We are not falling for your crap!

:mad:

If it were a diesel then I would say cool. but nope, I stand by my thought. The big three need to abandon everything and start fresh, like the volt, The big three could start pumping out fuel efficient turbo diesels before the Germans and japs start bringing them here. You know carve out their little part of the market. Even do a hybrid turbo diesel would be cool, I'd buy a taurus then. Instead they will keep pumping out the same junk as always and are now trying to guilt people into buying them. They should have went out of business for restructuring and new thinkers and management to be put in place.

O I can buy that same car (TT Taurus) from BMW right now and feel better about my purchase. I bet it is in the same price range too. Fail again. They need to undercut the market but will not.

If they can price it around 28k or less the car could be a mild success, otherwise they are just putting a wannabe BMW out on the market.

its gonna cost them $34k to make and they're gonna sell it for $35k. after it gets the same reaction as the Marauder in terms of sales, they'll go begging to Congress.

holy shit, listen to all the fags in this thread, bitching like a group of fucking women.

350hp twin turbo six, and ford taurus--who would have ever though the two would be linked?? yet we've got everyone and their mother in this thread bitching about price and torque steer--you guys should be asking whether or not the fucking first aid kit in the glove box contains a tampon or not.

who here has a blown, 350hp, all-wheel drive DAILY DRIVER, with the amenities listed below??

"Taurus features a long list of high-tech features, including: Adaptive Cruise Control with Collision Warning, Intelligent Access with Push Button Start, MyKey parental programmability, Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) with Cross Traffic Alert, Rain-Sensing Wipers, EasyFuel capless refueling, Ford SYNC and Voice-Activated Navigation with SIRIUS Travel Link"

i rest my case--a step in the right direction if you ask me.

"The high-performance variant will almost certainly feature standard all-wheel-drive from the Lincoln MKS, from which the Taurus receives its basic structure."

Well, at least they aren't completely stupid. However, I agree with the others. This may be innovation, but it's in the wrong direction; so it's essentially more of the same. Pity, I thought they had learned their lesson.

holy shit, listen to all the fags in this thread, bitching like a group of fucking women.

350hp twin turbo six, and ford taurus--who would have ever though the two would be linked?? yet we've got everyone and their mother in this thread bitching about price and torque steer--you guys should be asking whether or not the fucking first aid kit in the glove box contains a tampon or not.

who here has a blown, 350hp, all-wheel drive DAILY DRIVER, with the amenities listed below??

"Taurus features a long list of high-tech features, including: Adaptive Cruise Control with Collision Warning, Intelligent Access with Push Button Start, MyKey parental programmability, Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) with Cross Traffic Alert, Rain-Sensing Wipers, EasyFuel capless refueling, Ford SYNC and Voice-Activated Navigation with SIRIUS Travel Link"

word.

unce unce unce unce unce unce

Oh I'm fairly certain I have a more than a 350 Crank HP (which is where they are claiming that number) AWD with DCCD as my Dailey with two car seats in the backseat and 2 less cylinders on a car that is almost 5 years old. I could care less about that bullshit listed, push button start, Sync (bong) gay, I use my eyes for cross trafffic and my car has mirrors for my blind spots which are small. I guess it's another car made with stupid blind spots like the caliber. Navigation would be nice but for $200 I have that in my phone now. I'm sure that feature is 3-5k added to the car. Such bullshit that a Tom Tom is 99 to 199 dollars and the same thing.

I don't need a tampon, I need an american car company that can innovate not continue to follow their competitors. I will buy american when I get somthing new.

I like the idea of the volt, shame the Cadillac Volt at NAIAS is really nice looking. I would buy that in a heartbeat, but will not be able to afford it as it is basically the same as the chevy version but cost double. :rolleyes: Wouldn't want to take a brand that americans have faith in and make it affordable........ Christ GM could sell the caddy version one for "near" the same price as the volt and have a waiting list for years, but no. How many Ideas can I come up with today........

Now you asked for it.

S8 in sig > Taurus.

I was really rooting for it to, I'm not the bad guy here for once. You failing to see that has really hurt me.

Oh I'm fairly certain I have a more than a 350 Crank HP (which is where they are claiming that number) AWD with DCCD as my Dailey with two car seats in the backseat and 2 less cylinders on a car that is almost 5 years old. I could care less about that bullshit listed, push button start, Sync (bong) gay, I use my eyes for cross trafffic and my car has mirrors for my blind spots which are small. I guess it's another car made with stupid blind spots like the caliber. Navigation would be nice but for $200 I have that in my phone now. I'm sure that feature is 3-5k added to the car. Such bullshit that a Tom Tom is 99 to 199 dollars and the same thing.

the tampon should be located in the first aid kit, just to the left of the midol.

honestly, people on this site (and all the auto sites i'm on) are incredibly demanding of auto makers. the average american does not want 400hp, they just don't care if the bottom end of a car is built to handle 700hp. they're looking for decent power, GOOD GAS MILEAGE, tons of amenities, low maintenance, competitive pricing, and styling.

i think the car in question has all of the above---better than average styling for ford, power, gas mileage, amenities. as for reasonable price and low maintenance--those are the only unknowns. that being said, my wife's exact words were "there's no way we will ever own a fucking taurus"

Now you asked for it.

S8 in sig > Taurus.

I was really rooting for it to, I'm not the bad guy here for once. You failing to see that has really hurt me.

my tirade wasn't aimed at you.

"i see everything"

---arnold s. from terminator II

It's ugly as fuck. There is so much fail in that car I don't think I can explain it all.....But I feel compelled to try. :D

1. It's ugly. Absolutely 0 styling it doesn't stand out and to top it off it's a boat.

2. Gas savings from being a TT V6 vs V8? It will probably require premium gas as most factory boosted cars do, so while it may be a MPG saver compared to a V8 it's not going to save you $$$. And let's get real, most people don't give a shit about MPG because it's better for the Earth, they only care about their money.

3. A TT V6 with 350 HP in a car that probably weighs in at well over 4K pounds! SRSLY FORD WTF!? Where's the performance in that combo?

4. Not meant for performance you say. That brings up a great point, then why make it in the first place? Who’s going to spend over 30, 32 or 35K on a car that looks like an overweight TL and can’t perform? Anyone who finds this car attractive enough to buy and who hasn't been shot in the face will probably pass on the “SHO” package due to lack of performance and just save some money.

IMO if you’re going to have an upgraded version of an ugly ass family sedan and expect it to sell it better be damn worth the upgrade. Note these are solely my views and opinions I know nothing about the car other then what was in the article posted.

the tampon should be located in the first aid kit, just to the left of the midol.

honestly, people on this site (and all the auto sites i'm on) are incredibly demanding of auto makers. the average american does not want 400hp, they just don't care if the bottom end of a car is built to handle 700hp. they're looking for decent power, GOOD GAS MILEAGE, tons of amenities, low maintenance, competitive pricing, and styling.

i think the car in question has all of the above---better than average styling for ford, power, gas mileage, amenities. as for reasonable price and low maintenance--those are the only unknowns. that being said, my wife's exact words were "there's no way we will ever own a fucking taurus"

Correct, it is not good enough, they have the massive task of changing peoples minds about the "brand". They can't do that buy bringing back the fucking "Taurus" and offering the same fucking features as every Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, Infinity, and Audi use since 5-10 years ago. Your wife is proof. I didn't make it hard on the american Manufactures, they did this shit to themselves. Selling cheap non competitive cars for roughly the same amount of money with less build quality and less features. Now they are going to get in the "amenities" game and load up their vehicles? A chase is a race I have been told. A stupid one, but a race none the less.

Let's see the marketing sucks, the engineering sucks, the bean counters suck, the unions suck, and that is the main reason they can't make a competitive car. when they do, it's a 80 - 125K car. The fucking escalade is laughable. 70k for a truck that looses 35K the minute you put pen to fucking paper. Sell the fucking thing to every tom dick and harry for the 35K less price tag already built in. Those badges are fucking expensive......

3. A TT V6 with 350 HP in a car that probably weighs in at well over 4K pounds! SRSLY FORD WTF!? Where's the performance in that combo?

I think you need to get out more. Have you ever driven anything TT with an absolutely FLAT torque curve from start to finish? I'll give you an example.

09+ Audi A6.

Comes with either a 3.0L Supercharged V6 with "only" 300hp, or a 4.2L V8 making 350hp. The 4.2 is not any faster, and IIRC, they have yet to take an order for it. The 3.0L engine has an incredible power band start to finish and instant torque anywhere in the band. Almost forgot, these are in a 4000lbs+ car and the v6 gets nearly 30mpg on the freeway (with a blower lolz).

Go drive one, and tell me how lame the 3xxft lbs of torque start to finish is through the 6spd auto.

Well, that's if they will let you drive one...:p

well put. American cars have this obsession with "bells and whistles" to use the old saying, and still haven't figured out how to cut costs in the right places while still building a decently high quality machine.

10 YR old reasoning. When was the last time you looked at a new American car and you were not in front of a computer.

Turn off CNN and take a look at what Ford has accomplished in the last 4 yrs with efficiency and quality.

Ask all the union members who are out (good thing) if they feel Ford is addressing their cost structure.

One more thing, ask if they took any of YOUR money. I think you will like the answer.

If it were a diesel then I would say cool. but nope, I stand by my thought. The big three need to abandon everything and start fresh, like the volt, The big three could start pumping out fuel efficient turbo diesels before the Germans and japs start bringing them here. You know carve out their little part of the market. Even do a hybrid turbo diesel would be cool, I'd buy a taurus then. Instead they will keep pumping out the same junk as always and are now trying to guilt people into buying them. They should have went out of business for restructuring and new thinkers and management to be put in place.

O I can buy that same car (TT Taurus) from BMW right now and feel better about my purchase. I bet it is in the same price range too. Fail again. They need to undercut the market but will not.

Ben, I say this with all the respect in the world for you. Why don't you ask one of the boys in your party if it would be legal to import the same diesels that are driven in Europe for purpose of retail.

Ford has a 65MPG diesel under its European umbrella that will never see the light of day here because of EPA restrictions.

To all the haters who like to bash the American car companies: Yep, I sell Ford's. Yep, I get defensive. I also see the progress being made. I see the hypocrisy when foreign manufacturers get tax breaks to build here while American car companies move manufacturing abroad to save money.

Its just frustrating to see some of the responses. Ford could unveil a flying car that runs on air and the lemming, basher comments would still be heard everywhere.

I will in fact start saying the "Brand" is a lost cause on the adult generations alive today. They need to start making cars that appeal to children that have not been swayed by the marketing of All the foreign manufacturers. That way in 10-15 years they will want to buy american. I don't think (the volt aside) there is an affordable American car I am interested in googleing let alone purchasing. I look at many foreign cars all day long. This is not going to turn around for another 2 generations I bet if at all.

If I was looking into buying a new car, this car wouldn't make the top 25 on my list of 5. IMO the name was a bad idea, call it something else. When is the last time you saw a taurus driving down the road, then said "Boy, that sure is one hell of a machine right there." .....not never. Some images can't be changed,

Ben, I say this with all the respect in the world for you. Why don't you ask one of the boys in your party if it would be legal to import the same diesels that are driven in Europe for purpose of retail.

Ford has a 65MPG diesel under its European umbrella that will never see the light of day here because of EPA restrictions.

To all the haters who like to bash the American car companies: Yep, I sell Ford's. Yep, I get defensive. I also see the progress being made. I see the hypocrisy when foreign manufacturers get tax breaks to build here while American car companies move manufacturing abroad to save money.

Its just frustrating to see some of the responses. Ford could unveil a flying car that runs on air and the lemming, basher comments would still be heard everywhere.

First I'm not a democrat, so I can't ask my party, but here I agree with you, Not like the different divisions of the gov't have a great approval rating (FDA comes to mind) The EPA needs an overhaul and I hope that Obama starts it. He will have to do that to go the direction he wants to go with cars.

And you are correct, the brand is trash, it's a lost cause, they should have gone out of business and started again with a different brand, no union, because americans are that dumb to think it's different now with a new name.