What size pulley for the GTP.

Benner

3.4 is the next size down from stock...thats what ive been runnibg for last 4 years

What? how about no scottie.

you can put a 3.5, 3.6, or get a 3.7 made.

If it's stock, leave it stock. You're probably getting KR now as it is and I wouldn't drop a pulley until you scan it and/or put some more mods on it.

okay gotcha. So what would you suggest to get me into the 280 to 300 range at the flywheel. I don't need something like the formula was but somethin that'll hold it's own to the majority of cars out on the street.

And what are you talking as far as valvetrain?

What's a good size pulley to go with for the GTP that'll decently upgrade the power and not kill gas mileage.

Buck eluded to it.....Scan it and get a baseline.

I ran my 97 3.4 with a nice Intake, down-pipe, opened up U-bend in the exhaust and eventually a tune and she's still alive with over 120k on her. My 99 had a bit more done to it and she too is over 100K.

I still see my 97 near my parents house as the owners live in the area.

The car has a 180* thermostat, one range colder plugs, and cold-air intake.

I'd think a catless downpipe and tune with a 3.4" pulley should get the job done.

Also might wanna go with headers.

Every car is different. Some cars with the exact same mods will have different levels of KR. Some might show 0* and some might show 5*. Don't waste your money on ported exhaust manifolds, just go straight to headers. I think steveogtp has some for sale.

The car has a 180* thermostat, one range colder plugs, and cold-air intake.

I'd think a catless downpipe and tune with a 3.4" pulley should get the job done.

Possibly not. It took me an intercooler, headers and rockers to put a 3.4 on the car and still had a blip of KR. It wasn't until I put the 3" exhaust on I was able to have no KR.

Every car is different though.

You can find a 3" DP on the boards for $100 shipped. Make your own intake for $50 or so. Even if you did that I would still only put a 3.5 pulley on it and not a 3.4. But that's me. I haven't been doing this long enough though ;).

I have a 3.6 on mine now, running a header back exhaust and a dhp 1.0. I think you would want to stay away from the 3.4 until you get a couple more mods, just to be safe. Check out clubgp.com, lots of good info to read up on for these cars. There are some headers in the classifieds on here I believe.