I have a few questions...

Erica

:confused: I am looking to buy a handgun sometime this summer. My grandfather owned Columbus Gun Headquarters(New Roam Gun Store) in New Roam, So I am very good with a gun BUT I really have no knowledge about them when it comes to buying one. I am looking for somthing prob no bigger than a 45, but if you all have any tips or ideas on what a nice first gun would be for me please let me know! I am little but I do know how to counter a kickback, I don't want anything thats going to knock me off my feet or anything just somthing substancial, I really do not think that I want a revolver either but I really do not know. So any tips or advise would be nice! Thanks!

go up to blackwing and rent the guns your thinking about getting then you will know what you like and dont its all about personal preference

+1

Or better still, go with a group so that you can sample lots of different stuff for free or really cheap.

:confused: I am looking to buy a handgun sometime this summer. My grandfather owned Columbus Gun Headquarters(New Roam Gun Store) in New Roam, So I am very good with a gun BUT I really have no knowledge about them when it comes to buying one. I am looking for somthing prob no bigger than a 45, but if you all have any tips or ideas on what a nice first gun would be for me please let me know! I am little but I do know how to counter a kickback, I don't want anything thats going to knock me off my feet or anything just somthing substancial, I really do not think that I want a revolver either but I really do not know. So any tips or advise would be nice! Thanks!

if you need someone to go with my wife would is always up for going to the range, you can try her glock out as well. and maybe she could borrow a few from friends to take with her so you can have some more options. thats how she decided on what gun she wanted

I really just have no idea what to even look for...

1. Go to BlackWing

2. Ask for Greg

3. Tell Greg your situation

4. Take Greg's advice

5. Shoot what Greg suggests, or anything else that peaks your interests

6. Buy

Edited by RedRocket

p.s. No one on here is going to nail down the perfect gun for you. Only you can do that, which usually involves shooting a few different ones and picking the one you feel the most comfortable with. We can all throw out suggestions all day long on what WE think would be the best, but ultimately, it's up to you.

But, if we're starting a list of the normal 'lady friendly' guns, I'll start a list of things that come to my mind, and others can surely add to it:

1. Glock 19

2. S&W 642

3. Bersa Thunder 380

4. M&P 9c

5. S&W xD9c

What.... no Lady Smith in 38?

Hater....

:rolleyes:

Seriously, go and hold a LOT. See what is comfortable in your hands. Then, shoot them (rent or borrow).

:thumbup:

KillJoy

Well I don't know how big or small your hand size is... but I have a glock 21. It is full side .45. My wife doesn't like it because her hands are too small to hold it correctly. Now her gun is a S&W 686 revolver. She loves the thing to death. I like it too but 6" barrel makes it very heavy. My wife also likes a S&W M&P 9mm with the SMALL grip on it. It fits her hands perfectly.

But I suggest you just go to the shooting range and rent many guns. See what one you like the best before you buy. If you want to come with us on the weekend we go to NASR a lot! You can shoot either of our guns its cool.

Stated use of range shooting and protection:

9mm, 40S&W and 45ACP.

Any of the calibers will get the job done if you do your part.

Once you make a firearm purchase the ammo to look for in regards to range or defense use can be discussed.

Type\brand of pistol:

As has already been stated just go to a range (Blackwing is a good option) that rents pistols and has a knowledgeable, no bullshit staff. Or the other part where you join some folks that own a variety of firearms you can shoot for free.

Mentioned already so I'll just agree: We can't tell you the best for you because we aren't you. Got to get out and put some trigger time in.

I would say something in 9mm or .40 would be perfect.

9mm Glock compact purhapse. A fine choice for the perfect fitment of a womans hand as well.

After teaching many many girls how to properly handle a handgun, most of them love the 9mm in the end for sure.

Springs only lose their spring if they are constantly changing state. Loading a mag and forgetting it causes as much "wear" to the spring as leaving it unloaded forever. If you take the same mag to the range every saturday and run 500 rounds through it, then it's going to start suffering.

I would say something in 9mm or .40 would be perfect.

9mm Glock compact purhapse. A fine choice for the perfect fitment of a womans hand as well.

After teaching many many girls how to properly handle a handgun, most of them love the 9mm in the end for sure.

agreed. I have a Glock 26 and its a bit small for my hands you should def try shooting one. Also recommend a Bersa 380. They're cheap and dependable. 45 seems like a larger round for a lady for if you've been around guns and are comfortable around them why not?