09' Autox Schedule!!

Dr. Apex

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool. Now I have to figure out how to get a helmet.

OVR has some loaner helmets at their events.

Personally, I would go to the Iron Pony, they seem to always have new helmets at great prices (many in the $30-$60 range).

If rules are still the same as they used to be, for autocross you can use either a MA or SA rated helmet. The SA is required for most roadcourse use due mostly to the Nomex material. I guess fire is not a concern in autoX so MA is legal too.

If you plan to hit some road courses later you may want to buy the more expensive SA rated helmet now.

Mike

If you don't hit cones or spin once in awhile, you aren't testing the limits.

Just don't make it a habit.

Just thought I'd throw my two cents in - Hi my name is Mike, and I hate cones. Can't wait to see everyone out there this season (my first one in Columbus).

http://www.flux21.com/z/autox/DSC05637.JPG

OVR has some loaner helmets at their events.

Personally, I would go to the Iron Pony, they seem to always have new helmets at great prices (many in the $30-$60 range).

If rules are still the same as they used to be, for autocross you can use either a MA or SA rated helmet. The SA is required for most roadcourse use due mostly to the Nomex material. I guess fire is not a concern in autoX so MA is legal too.

If you plan to hit some road courses later you may want to buy the more expensive SA rated helmet now.

Mike

That's the plan if I enjoy doing it (which I'm sure I'll love it) as well as if my financial situation changes. Damn economy around here is killing me.

Right now, I'm just looking to learn and get advice before I make the serious plunge into it.

mike i want one of those single photo with the multi car shots in it. those look awesome.

AJ,

This is a "quick and dirty" image. We'll do better this year.

http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp66/ReddyZ06/cbb3942f.jpg

Hey, remember when you used to work at Richart?

Mike

AJ,

http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp66/ReddyZ06/cbb3942f.jpg

Hey, remember when you used to work at Richart?

Thank goodness I don't have to put all those stupid Richart vinyl logos all over his car this year. Yes, AJ has me whipped.

How strict is the points system for the OVR SCCA? I don't turn 18 'till May 14th, so I wouldn't be able to do every event. I'm not concerned with "winning", I just want to have some fun, meet some cool people and learn how to be a better driver. I do however plan on at least coming up and watching/helping out if I can until May?