what are these...???

evan9381

ive been curious every time i see them, and i dont know what to look for in google for an answer.

i see them anytime the president is speaking, or even when campaigning. usually one on each side of the center, out infront a bit. always up on a stand like a microphone would be on...semi-transparent, and sometimes completely transparent

heres a pic of john mccain giving a speech that shows what im talking about...

ideas?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2276/2494778967_fe8feee430.jpg?v=0

Yup, that part is the reflector for a screen at the base of the stand that displays the speech.

It's funnier than hell listening to some people's theories about those though. "Dey're bullet-proof shields!", "OK, they're only a foot wide, what about the rest of the Pres?", "Naw, dey got robot arms and radar. Dey move em in front of the bullet!"

Did anyone notice that he's giving the speech at the Columbus Metropolitan Club? Pretty cool.

Anyway, those things are definitely satellite dishes. They use radio waves and micromagnetic energy to "beam out" speeches to other countries, like Puerto Rico and Alaska.

Did anyone notice that he's giving the speech at the Columbus Metropolitan Club? Pretty cool.

Anyway, those things are definitely satellite dishes. They use radio waves and micromagnetic energy to "beam out" speeches to other countries, like Puerto Rico and Alaska.

:lol: