Why do you have a problem with my race gas?

neonkiller

Hmmm..

Would my VW be a racecar if I had 94 octane in a gas container labeled RACE GAS? :eek:

That would be funny to watch his reaction if I tried to set something up and I recreated Shanton's actions with pump gas in a labeled gas container. :lol:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good ninja edit, even before I could quote it... :ninja:

You're car may not be fast but your editing skills are. J/K :p

I noticed you had posted your whp later in the thread.

I'm ninja as hell.

And based on HP I amm make more power on 93 octane at all 4 then you do at 2 =)

I noticed you had posted your whp later in the thread.

I'm ninja as hell.

And based on HP I amm make more power on 93 octane at all 4 then you do at 2 =)

Nice, what kind of ets? Becasue I thought I read somewhere on here that you were running about the same times as me with the extra power and traction... :confused:

Nice, what kind of ets? Becasue I thought I read somewhere on here that you were running about the same times as me with the extra power and traction... :confused:

I've got gear issues. I have a tranny thats designed for rally/road. My gears are WAY TO SHORT.

on my old setup before I hit 300whp I ran a 12.9 . Then I blew my tranny to pieces and put in the RA tranny. since the RA tranny I've never ran faster then a 13.0 thats trapping 4thgear redline.

I've got gear issues. I have a tranny thats designed for rally/road. My gears are WAY TO SHORT.

on my old setup before I hit 300whp I ran a 12.9 . Then I blew my tranny to pieces and put in the RA tranny. since the RA tranny I've never ran faster then a 13.0 thats trapping 4thgear redline.

Yeah, you need a drag car.

You proved my point right there! Premium octane from the factory = street car! Name me 1 car that comes from the factory that needs higher then 93-94 oct!? They don't, only race cars, NOT street cars need race gas. Tune your shit up right and it's not a problem.

As far as alky injection or methanol that's more like a cooling affect rather then an octane boost, so I classify that as more like an intercooler rather then race gas.

Are u kidding me maybe you should google this topic more.

Do you live under a rock?

So you are telling me that it does not increse oct?....

HA HA HA HA

Tune my shit right?.

My car has made over 460 for 2yrs and counting and I dont need to switch maps to run more boost.

Now you tell me a company that offers this: I was told dont go over 18psi without race gas. More than that just add race gas.

No switches nothing just the turn of a knob and gas.

ask somone else that and they need a whole diffrent tune.

Are u kidding me maybe you should google this topic more.

Do you live under a rock?

So you are telling me that it does not increse oct?....

HA HA HA HA

Tune my shit right?.

My car has made over 460 for 2yrs and counting and I dont need to switch maps to run more boost.

Now you tell me a company that offers this: I was told dont go over 18psi without race gas. More than that just add race gas.

No switches nothing just the turn of a knob and gas.

ask somone else that and they need a whole diffrent tune.

Dover there is no way this guy knows what your talking about hold on let him google it.

DOT approved = street tire.

Okay Jesus, like I said before I'm just fuckin around. You take the whole race gas thing a little too serious. I've run race gas in my car off and on for about 2 years as well. It's originally tuned on pump 94. I run C16 at the track and sometimes on the weekends and I've never had to tune it differently, just increased the timing and decreased the pulley = win. So I'm fully aware that there is no need for a different tune. As far as the alky, I've read the many debates on that as well. Some say it does increases octane (something like 110-120) and cools other say it only benefit is the cooling affect. I looked into alky injection a while ago and decided it wasn't for me because I couldn't get a straight answer (or at least not one that was clear enough for me) I'm smart enough to not argue about topics that I'm not knowledgeable on so you win that one. As far as the DOT approved tires, ET streets, and straight slicks...yeah I know the difference there too. I just thought I'd play the devils advocate a bit... I didn't know everyone would take it so serious. :lol:

Oh and he’s my other post incase you missed it.

I’m just fuckin with you guys, I agree with pretty much everyone else, I just felt like stirring the pot. As the owner of a factory boosted car with NO intercooler, I love me some race gas!

On 94 octane I ran as follows…

12 psi, 19* of timing, ¼ mile 13.3x at 102 and Dynoed 275 FWHP

I went out and got a used O2 sensor and filled it up with some C-16!

On C16 I ran as follows…

20 psi, 22* of timing, ¼ mile 12.7x at 107mph est. HP 315-320 FWHP

I could have kept upping the timing and boost too as I still had 0* of knock but I was having a harder time launching the car with the extra torque. My 60fts went from 1.78’- 1.80’s to 2.0’s once I got the boost up. So since my et’s weren’t changing I decided to try and work on that. I ran it on the streets sometime last summer when gas was sky high, it’s defiantly a different animal, I love it! Oh' and I even had my ET streets on when I trolling for guys after the Mopar event off of Brice Rd. So run what ya brung!

Like everyone else has said, run nitro if you need to. Fuel type, amount of boost, shot size, whatever, your car is set up they way it is, should be the end of story. If people want to come out and act like they got some fast shit, they need to know they can cover a low 10 sec car anymore to have a chance to run the actual fast shit. If not, do what the majority of us do and just have fun, and not get all butt hurt over stupid shit like fuel.

Amen?

Shanton, people have problems with race gas because it adds a certain feeling to the race. They associate race gas with a real race car, not something they think they can beat. It's a mix of ignorance and insecurity IMO.