shit...jury duty

justinwebb

Has anyone ever had to do this? Got a letter in the mail stating i was selected for jury duty and starts in april. I need to find a way to get out of it, cause i dont have a working car right now nor do i want to have to deal with it. Anyone else gotten out of it before?

yes, it's 3 month out here. I had it last year.

Ended up getting chosen in the 3rd month(had to go down like once a week and sit for a couple hours) for a vehicular manslaughter case. Got out of it do to my shitty hearing. It;s not as bad as I led them to believe but I wouldn't make a good juror because of it.

I have been summoned 3 times. I have never served. I have always had work write a letter saying that I was too valuable to business to lose for weeks on end. It has worked every time so far. Also, no company I have ever worked for, has paid you while on jury duty. I am not going to go weeks on end NOT getting paid.

KillJoy

I have never even been asked to perform jury duty. I believe my past record may have something to do with it, but I"m not sure. I'm still allowed to vote. I've also moved ALOT.

I suggest just showing up and behaving mildly retarded. Maybe even piss your pants a little. Hey, how bad you want out? :D Or serve the damn thing. Everyone should experience once. (I would go at least once if I were asked to) Take your phone w/games, or a psp or something if it gets boring or the case sucks. If you get caught, maybe they'll let you go. Or find you in contempt.

That's what you get for voting, puts you on the registry.

They actually pull the info off drivers license now so I've been told.I've done it and the thing that sucks is the pay.(I got $15.00 a day).I found it interesting to see our Judicial System at work though.I was up for a Child Abuse charge but during the voir dire they got rid of me because I have kids and a Sister-In-Law that worked at Childrens Hospital.

My company always gives full pay for jury duty. I've done it myself for a few days. The only people who talked there way out of being jurors looked like total asshats in front of everyone and the lawyers made sure of it. The people that did that were probably the dumbest people in the room and it probably wouldn't have been a good idea to use them anyway. Hehe it was Moron County after all.