Header/DP Install Hook-up? +Misfire question

TommySSSC

Mechanically I can do all the work myself. But getting to header that bolted in between the firewall and the engine block is pretty hard to reach when you dont have a car lift. Trying to see if anyone knows someone at a garage to let me get on the lift. Shouldnt take long to undo a couple bolts and fit the new set-up in. Any feedback? let me know brothers

Lately im getting a daily misfire issue going on. Even on cruise on the highway going 65, my engine feels ike it hits a brick wall randomly for a second. My injectors are brand new as of last summer and theyre properly installed. I thought it was my plugs not at the correct gap, so i changed them out and im still getting it. Ive rechecked my coils too, all the writing and connection look brand new. My supercharger inlet pressure sensor keeps blowing a code too along with the misfire cel, stating something about the measured pressure doesnt match the actual pressure or something. After looking for a bad seal between the TB and the supercharger, i found this black carbon soot junk all over the inside of the tb and into the charger. I know its coming from the intake pressure line, how can i get rid of that? they sell some kind of oil filter for that? is that giving me the misfire? I cleaned out all the black crap that I could reach this past weekend, I havent driven much since though, so I dont have an update on that

Guest Removed

wow.....sounds like its time to drop it off to someone thats knows what there doing.

not many shops can let someone just walkin and hang parts on there car. insurance reasons and let alone osha rules dont allow it. well its just a few bolts, can turn into well i broke 4 bolts off flush in the head...

and way topost in the wrong section let alone coming on here to only fix your problems.

wow.....sounds like its time to drop it off to someone thats knows what there doing.

not many shops can let someone just walkin and hang parts on there car. insurance reasons and let alone osha rules dont allow it. well its just a few bolts, can turn into well i broke 4 bolts off flush in the head...

and way topost in the wrong section let alone coming on here to only fix your problems.

Fuckin Newb

Technically yea, posted in the wrong section. I moved it so now it's all good. And you can all put your swinging dicks away. He asked legitimate questions in an attempt to fix his own car, and he wants to do the work himself. More than I can say about quite a few people on here (myself included once or twice.)

That being said, your misfire sounds like fuel cut. I've seen it on my DSM :nutkick:. Sounds like you're leaking boost someplace, or you've got a bad super charger inlet pressure sensor. Fix that problem first.

Guest Removed
Technically yea, posted in the wrong section. I moved it so now it's all good. And you can all put your swinging dicks away. He asked legitimate questions in an attempt to fix his own car, and he wants to do the work himself. More than I can say about quite a few people on here (myself included once or twice.)

That being said, your misfire sounds like fuel cut. I've seen it on my DSM :nutkick:. Sounds like you're leaking boost someplace, or you've got a bad super charger inlet pressure sensor. Fix that problem first.

fuel cut at cruising speed :confused:

maybe vacuum leak..

and it would help a bunch he he posted the codes, to help further in figuring out wtf is going on

well from his other posts it looks like he did a supercharger swap. what he needs to do now is a leak down test, there is a good chance the rings are shot.

we have had 3 in the shop in the last year and a half with mods (stage 3 pulley or more) with the heavy carbon build up. one had oil in the intake it was so bad. and they all came in for a misfire. 2 of them were 06's and one was an 07'

fuel cut at cruising speed :confused:

maybe vacuum leak..

and it would help a bunch he he posted the codes, to help further in figuring out wtf is going on

My DSM will go into boost on cruise control going up a hill. :lurk:

sorry it took me forever to get back on here. Bust week with finals coming up and everything. I installed an oil catch can around the pvc to help with the carbon build up coming through, after a week it alread has some oil sitting in there. I just did a charger swap, i think im getting leaks somewhere. Ive also been told that my plugs are being blown out, im going to try and make the gap even smaller. theres set at .039 right now, ill try a .035. i was looking good for about a week, and now im throwing another code, Ill go to autozone and see what they say what it is tomorrow. thanks for the feedback, i thought i posted this is the correct thread, sorry about that fellas

im gonna post another thread about needing a custom exhaust made, any advice/recommendations would be awesome

Edited by TommySS/SC

i need a full 3" with a good sounding resonator and muffler. Im trying to keep it as quite as i possibly can (i know that an understatement with 3" exhausts). Looking for a nice mellow tone while under daily driving coniditons. I should be putting out 350 whp with my set-up so i have to ditch my current 2.5". let me know what you can do brother and how much im looking at.

AJ, Ive been riding on a stage 3 pulley for about a year now, I just got the misfire before i got the new blower. Im also thinking it might be a tune problem. My tb might be clogged with junk again, not allowing it to close all the way.

^^^ i am running colder plugs than stock, should i make the gap even smaller? i have 60lb injectors if that makes a difference. im starting to think that one of my plugs is being blown out on occasion. im gonna try to get a new tune this upcoming weekend as well so see if that helps