How cheap can you go 200mph?

OGRE

I was argueing with somnone who has never been to a drag strip in thier life but rides a crotch rocket about what it takes to go 200mph. sure i agree that it is cheaper to attain on a bike but it doesn't take $100K to do so . . .

sitting here drinking i am wondering, how cheaply could somone get any car to 200mph.

assume the labor is free. How would u do it?

1993 RX-7 - $8k

03-04 cobra driveline - 10K

turbo conversion - 6k

odds and ends - 3k.

27k.

flat out. 200 in the quarter will take some coin, no arguement there.

Not that hard at all really.

Heres how to do 200 safely:

1. Buy used RS6 for 25-35k

2. Flash it.

= 200+ in style with a heated seats for 4 and quiet enough to still hold a conversation and enjoy tunes.

There are a BUNCH of examples like that. Autobahn cruisers of a few year ago are getting cheaper and cheaper.

MK4 Supra - 25k or so

Boost Controller - 125$

(Of course you would have to strip every little thing outta the car cause they weigh a pisston)

sorry, but a bost controller isnt going to give you more than maybe 100hp on race gas... 400hp isnt enough to do 200.

Stock internals are good for about 700hp in those. The twins stop at about 500, and the fuelpumps about for about 450. Just run it to fuelcut and strip everything outta the car except the drivers seat and i think it could be done. But, of course just cause i wanna see it done in a supra, but itll never happen.

Stock internals are good for about 700hp in those. The twins stop at about 500, and the fuelpumps about for about 450. Just run it to fuelcut and strip everything outta the car except the drivers seat and i think it could be done. But, of course just cause i wanna see it done in a supra, but itll never happen.

its not a matter of weight, its wind resistance... A Z06 wont do it at 405hp and 400lbs lighter... hell it probably wont do it for another 200-300hp at that weight... exactly how much do you think you can pull out of a MK4 :lol: Race weight on those is probably 3000lbs gutted, which is only 118lbs less than a stock Z06 that also has a .28 drag coefficient verses the Supras .29

its not a matter of weight, its wind resistance... A Z06 wont do it at 405hp and 400lbs lighter... hell it probably wont do it for another 200-300hp at that weight... exactly how much do you think you can pull out of a MK4 :lol: Race weight on those is probably 3000lbs gutted, which is only 118lbs less than a stock Z06 that also has a .28 drag coefficient verses the Supras .29

Alright man whatever, you can get a supra to hit 200 under 100k. Thats all, maybe not w/ just a boost controller. I just wanted to say it could be done. Any car can hit 200 top end w/ less than 100grand, just gotta swap the right motor in it and your good to go. Buy a POS Miata, Put a LS1 in it, Cam it + Spray = 200?

Alright man whatever, you can get a supra to hit 200 under 100k. Thats all, maybe not w/ just a boost controller. I just wanted to say it could be done. Any car can hit 200 top end w/ less than 100grand, just gotta swap the right motor in it and your good to go. Buy a POS Miata, Put a LS1 in it, Cam it + Spray = 200?

Gearing is a more important factor in this situation I'd say.

any car?

ok, a 1982 VW bus . . . . GO! :D

I've done a tad over 180 and that was ridiculous. 200mph on a public road is plain stupid because other people don';t pay attention.

I guy merged into my lane abut a mile up. I didn't realize at those speeds just how fast you catch up to someone, and switching lanes and/or hitting the brakes at those speeds are dangerous as shit.

Now gimme an airport, I'm game :D

I've done a tad over 180 and that was ridiculous. 200mph on a public road is plain stupid because other people don';t pay attention.

I guy merged into my lane abut a mile up. I didn't realize at those speeds just how fast you catch up to someone, and switching lanes and/or hitting the brakes at those speeds are dangerous as shit.

Now gimme an airport, I'm game :D

2009 CR Columbus airport rental? ;)