just got a new tire? help

ruinms

i just got a brand new shinko front tire. i have not installed it yet but i was wondering if there is somthing i should do to get the slick stuff of the tire. im gonna have it mounted tomorrow. who should i take it to if i need it mounted

Just take it easy on it.

Basically you want to gradually increase the lean angle until you wear the oil off. IIRC your bike is lowered anyway, so not like you're going to put any hard abuse on that tire in a turn, ever. Just take it easy on braking for the first few miles and you'll be golden.

i actually got it there but they wanted 56 bucks to do it. i got a hook up at sport cycles to do it for 15. thanks guys i will take it easy on the turns.

was your wheel off the bike? last time i got a tire at iron pony, i think it was 12 bucks to mount it? but if you dont have the wheel off the bike, i think they charge an arm and a leg...

we had the whole bike up there. i ended up taking off the wheel and taking it to sports cycles. i actually rode it today. i went up 33 to gender, then down 674 to 188, then back to lancaster to get the slim off. thanks for all the help guys.