CR invades Kilkare Dragway

evil8

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think cavin went 12.81 at 112 with steve goin 12.83 at 110. It was funny to see all the people in the crowd standing up watchin the c6z go down the track. IPS has done a amazing job on that car. Car looks so mean with the slick skinny package. And running a low 10 with just rolling out off the line and spinning prolly to the 330 ft mark at least is impressive. Get that car to hook and launch it hard and I think it will easily hit 9.30's-9.10's. Get that belt to hook and I think she has an 8 in it.

Was Oakley short-shifting the C6Z or were the shift points set in the computer? Several of the runs sounded as if it was damn near bogging going into second, possibly attributed to wheel spin.

Team mullet was repping as usual at Kilkare:D

Team Mullet Nationwide in 09!

Was Oakley short-shifting the C6Z or were the shift points set in the computer? Several of the runs sounded as if it was damn near bogging going into second, possibly attributed to wheel spin.

Tommy from IPS cleared up the bogging sound. He said that the converter was locking up and that is what we were hearing. I thought the same thing. 10.2x on the first pass out with what I believe was a 1.9x 60'. With traction that car could pull some mid to low 9's. Guy was like a kid in a candy store after a couple of runs in the vette. Another good job for the C6Z crowd by IPS.

I would bet it was due to spinning the hitting the limiter and shifting and him having to let off alil to get it to stop spinning and the motor coming down in rpms and bogging the motor down alil.

I would bet it was due to spinning the hitting the limiter and shifting and him having to let off alil to get it to stop spinning and the motor coming down in rpms and bogging the motor down alil.

Yep, he said it was actually spinning worse after the 60' then when he was launching since he was coming out so easy. He actually got his last 60-ft down to a 1.6 but then the car spun like crazy and he got out of it. Now that he has a few passes in the car I think tomorrow it will go quite a bit quicker.

Jeff

I feel like im in the same boat, i dont know what cody did with lowering the z, but with about 375rwhp this thing can easily blits my mickey-thomas off all through 1st, some litlle in 2nd.

Nice times. The car made 373rwhp when Cody had it. You added an intake and cutout? Intake as in CAI or FAST? I think he just lowered it with the stock bolts or something like that...I am not familiar with all the Vette talk. I can ask him if you want me to?

Yes it is. I think Trails is too so we will be at one or the other as long as the weather is good :)

Check this out http://www.kilkare.com/09Drag%20Sched.htm. They are open, but it's not test and tune. $25 to race street 1/4 mile. I've never been for one of these, so I don't know how it's run. I'd think that if you get there early they would give a time trial run or two, but then it seems to be racing. It should be nice out on Saturday, but don't get your hopes up for Sunday.

Guest Removed
All that power and not one of you can put it down. There is a lesson to be learned here.

you had to be typing that as i said it

Yea....dont race on bald nitto 555r's.

well no shit.

I'd like to hope that they weren't referring to you. Especially since it is pulling better times than the heads/cam cars running around.

I have bald tires...he has brand new. what does yyour cobra run again?

I went to the track going for mile per hour not E.T. I cant launch the car or bang gears...or I break a rear end again.

Guest Removed

I went to the track going for mile per hour not E.T. I cant launch the car or bang gears...thus breaking a rear end again.

new tires....:bangbang:

you have a spare..just find a cover

I went to the track going for mile per hour not E.T. I cant launch the car or bang gears...or I break a rear end again.

I don't remember saying anything about your car and my car has gone 12.0's on shitty sumitomo radials, if that really matters. That wasn't on a 1.6x 60' either. Put a better rear end in it next time and you won't have to worry about breaking it.