You know what's feels great?

Draco-REX

Tackling a job on your car that's just outside your comfort zone, and getting it done by yourself. I've been doing this; slowly expanding my experience working on cars and each time I feel great after.

I've done suspension work and exhaust. But today I replaced the slave cylinder of the clutch in my Corolla. I'm sure it's no big deal to a lot of you guys, but this was a little closer to the heart of the car than I'm used to. I was considering having someone do it for me, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

I swapped in the new one, bled it and drove away without a leak. That was just awesome. :) One thing that really made this a winner for me was that I had no prior knowledge of how to do the job. Usually I've read about someone doing the project, or have someone near by who's done it before. This time I just looked at the part, figured out how it was installed, and pulled out the tools.

It's the little victories... :D

Congrats! I did the same thing winter 07/spring 08. I pulled the trans myself and shipped it to texas for the rebuild. i reinstalled the new clutch and rebuilt trans myself without a trans jack or lift. It was my first time for such a project. I printed out directions from LS1Tech, which helped a lot. It does feel great when you are able to accomplish something like that on your own.

im in the same boat as you, but with house work instead of cars. house i just bought needs a shitload of work, and today, i managed to cut down and remove 1 of 8 nasty thick bushes in the back yard. took about 30 minutes, so now im sure im in for about 4 hours of work and beer drinking tomorrow to finish the job.

I know the feeling. I did a 4AGE head gasket over the summer, really just flying blind, and it was way out of my comfort zone. But when that baby cranked over and started, I was happy. (right till the timing belt broke a few minutes later)