Star Trek

zeitgeist57

I gotta say this is one of the most media-hyped movies I've heard about in a long time...

...and I can't wait for it to come out. :) Anyone read some of these reviews?

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/film/film_reviews/article6135968.ece

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/reviews/article-1172164/Out-world-The-Mails-film-critic-gives-verdict-new-Star-Trek-movie.html

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the previews I've seen, it looks bad ass. I've seen most of the movies, and watched Next Generation back in the 90's, but that's the extent of it. This could really be another good sci-fi series to enjoy in the coming years... :nod:

Looks like a good movie, but as a long time star trek fan and a stubborn old fart it doesn't look like a good star trek movie. I'm gonna watch it though, but not likely going to go to the movies to do so. The last time I went to a movie it was the last star trek:-)

i am a Star Trek fan, watched all the shows from the original thru Scott Bakula and have seen all the movies.

i kinda wanted to see a Voyager movie, but they were getting stale, i must admit.

this relaunch of the franchise looks to be AMAZING!

• 3 weeks later...
Saw it yesterday, it was FUCKING AWESOME. There is so much to spoil that I am going to keep my mouth shut, but let me put it this way, this has shot to the top of the list of some of my favorite movies of all time.

I heard there is no shatner in this? That is like a massage without the happy ending!

Looks like it might be worth checking out otherwise.

Shatner's ego kept him from being in this film. He declined, said it would, and what do you know, its fucking awesome.

I will never understand the whole star trek thing. Never seen an episode. I am glad to see they kind of brought the whole thing up to todays expectations. I'll probably see a download but not interested in paying to see it. Of course this comes from a guy who went and seen "ghosts of ex girlfriends past" or some shit for my anniversary.

I will never understand the whole star trek thing. Never seen an episode. I am glad to see they kind of brought the whole thing up to todays expectations. I'll probably see a download but not interested in paying to see it. Of course this comes from a guy who went and seen "ghosts of ex girlfriends past" or some shit for my anniversary.

Good Boy!

Got to see it on Wed.

It really raised the bar for movies this summer. So much better than I expected.

If any of the other movies coming out this summer are even close to being as good as this then we are in for a great summer of movies.

i am a Star Trek fan, watched all the shows from the original thru Scott Bakula and have seen all the movies.

i kinda wanted to see a Voyager movie, but they were getting stale, i must admit.

this relaunch of the franchise looks to be AMAZING!

Im not exactly a trekkie but i started watching the Voyager series when I was younger then started watching all the others. Ive never seen all of the Star Trek movies just a few and they were... ok. I would like to see a Voyager movie but i doubt that will ever happen.