Trial starts

Casper

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Involuntary manslaughter, sometimes called criminally negligent homicide in the United States, gross negligence manslaughter in England and Wales or culpable homicide in Scotland, occurs where there's no intention to kill or cause serious injury, but death is due to recklessness or criminal negligence.

How is he being charged with manslaughter and he didnt hit anyone? Its sad to see someone so young getting their life so fucked up over something as dumb as street racing.

it was debated to no-end in the original post back in Dec.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59233

unfortunately, this is a situation where there will be no winners. reading about this today before another road trip is a sobering reminder as I'm about to put some serious and safe miles on my car. be safe out there all.

This is stupid. It wont bring George back. It will not help the woman injured. Someone tell me who wins here? Charge Brandon with street racing and call it a day. Too much pain has been had here on all sides. This trial is a gross waste of my tax dollars. Bunch of God Dam idiots.

This is stupid. It wont bring George back. It will not help the woman injured. Someone tell me who wins here? Charge Brandon with street racing and call it a day. Too much pain has been had here on all sides. This trial is a gross waste of my tax dollars. Bunch of God Dam idiots.

This is just legal grandstanding. Somebody must be up for re-election soon.

Yep it's to make a statement to everyone on this site and the same members of raceclub, it's just for us really. Think about it.....

If he is convicted, I bet you think twice before setting up a 40 roll.....

The state is going to try and make an example of him.

This is just legal grandstanding. Somebody must be up for re-election soon.

Like it or not this is our laws. Most people find them to be unfair or unjust only after they somehow hear about them for the first time. Usually like in this case when they affect someone they are associated or know. These arent new laws. True it wont change anything but like most laws they are put in place to let members of society know there are serious consquences to your actions. Certainly this is not the same charge he might have been given years ago but as laws go unfollowed penalties get stiffer. Its the only way to get people to follow the laws. As a society we need people from time to time to be made examples of for everyone else to see what can happen. As a DA you have to bring the strongest charge your evidence can prove its just good business and gives you a better bargaining position for a win. Even if hes not convicted of the charge of manslaughter, it allows the judge and or jury to know what the prosecution wants and may allow them to consider lesser charges or leave room for negotiating down or pleaing.

If he is convicted, I bet you think twice before setting up a 40 roll.....

Even if he ISNT convicted, given everything that has happened here in the last year, I'd sure hope anyone would think twice before setting up a 40 roll.