SAW 1ST CAMARO TODAY

BoostedAce

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tbutera2112
saw a black one out on 270 the other day...wasnt an ss, looked like a sixxer, i was pretty far behind it and i was to my exit so i didnt get a good look

First breakdown with less than 40 miles on it.. haha..

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20125

(Not to bash, I still want one after all the kinks are worked out.)

Did you read what the issue was? Not a major problem at all.

So without further ado. We heard from the dealership, not but 3 hours after they opened and get this.... the battery cable that is routed from the trunk was routed near the starter and rubbed against it. The insulation wore through and the cable shorted out the starter causing a chain reaction, shutting the car down. They have not replaced the battery, and don't plan to. They are going to test it though. I sure do hope it's ok. I don't want to think about my battery being compromised. It's covered though, right? A new battery cable is reordered and should be installed Wednesday morning. They have also rerouted the cable. I should have my baby back Wednesday. I'm so so thankful.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20287

fixed

I like how all the people that hate on the camaro come into camaro threads. :gtfo:

My nuts. Suck them.

I forgot, where is the rule that says that "haters" can't post in threads? Care to verify? http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/14biggy/Smileys/shrug.gif

Cliffs: fuck you.

Yes, but not much less.

First of all it shouldnt be rubbing in the first place. 2nd of all, it went through the insulation in 40 miles?!?!

I agree that for such a highly anticipated car, the QC should have found this before it left the factory. Having said that, if it were my car and it died at 40 miles I would have been upset and embarrassed to have others see my brand new SS on a rollback, but finding out it was a relatively simple repair would definitely make it easier to cope with.

Since my dad is the finance manager at Jack Maxton i was in today to look at a srt-4 they had in there. Its navy blue SS, i will put pixs up in a bit since i dont know how

I saw it first!!! on 71s on the back of a semi. :coolerthanyou:

I agree that for such a highly anticipated car, the QC should have found this before it left the factory. Having said that, if it were my car and it died at 40 miles I would have been upset and embarrassed to have others see my brand new SS on a rollback, but finding out it was a relatively simple repair would definitely make it easier to cope with.

Well yea, ofcourse its better than the tranny falling out, but still totally unacceptable. This is something that would be bad engineering if it happened at 30k miles.

If its put together that half-ass like, just imagine the problems at 10k, 20k, 50k miles.

Well yea, ofcourse its better than the tranny falling out, but still totally unacceptable. This is something that would be bad engineering if it happened at 30k miles.

If its put together that half-ass like, just imagine the problems at 10k, 20k, 50k miles.

Hey ...

... they're just happy to have a car to sell.