What vehicle platform needs attention in Columbus?

DTM Brian

Been sitting here brain storming on what opportunity I could be missing out on. I realize posting this on a public forum makes this information available to all shops.

Is there anyone doing VW's in columbus? What about mazdas? I know hondas is covered by the guys up at slo mo. I believe they do alot of suby's as well.

We are saturated with Ford and GM tuners.

What opportunities am I missing?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Removed

how about lt1 edit? i have been getting lots of calls on this, i needed to ask you about that as well. guy from dayton needs his super charged lt1 done, plus i have one in ths hop going to tegether that needs done. i may need some where to do erics carbed 408 soon, once he gets that over to me...

chrome tuning, and so on? like other piggy back systems and so on.

im brain storming myself, tonight is the first night dana is getting sleep. now maybe monday she can get back do doing marketing and what not.

Ive noticed a lot more chryslers and dodge cars showing up at track days.

It looks like the SRT platform was step in the right direction in terms of performance for chrysler. It looks like the guys at IPS are doing a number of these cars already.

Guest Removed

true, they need something else for those..the predator stuff is just junk IMO. damn one i have is just shit on my ford, and there always seem to be real buggy. i had one of there chips in a buddys car, at a ford meet. and before and after pulls showed it picked up power without it, and the predator made it better, but not like it did with the a custom tune. things just didnt seem right with that car anyway we messed with it tho... then when the 3rd motor blew i found the one in it was a truck motor:rolleyes: and who ever installed it , smashed some things, which didnt help any at all :o

how about lt1 edit? i have been getting lots of calls on this, i needed to ask you about that as well. guy from dayton needs his super charged lt1 done, plus i have one in ths hop going to tegether that needs done. i may need some where to do erics carbed 408 soon, once he gets that over to me...

chrome tuning, and so on? like other piggy back systems and so on.

im brain storming myself, tonight is the first night dana is getting sleep. now maybe monday she can get back do doing marketing and what not.

I have had my hands on LT1 Edit. I get about a 1/2 dozen calls a year for this. It is a shame that HP Tuners does not offer support for these guys. :(.

Guest Removed
I have had my hands on LT1 Edit. I get about a 1/2 dozen calls a year for this. It is a shame that HP Tuners does not offer support for these guys. :(.

well i was looking at lt1edit....on the same site as ls1edit..but i hear you can onyl do so much with it, but it has to be better then nothing IMO..fast needs to come out with a piggy back unit for stuff like that, kind of like the greddy emanage units

It looks like the SRT platform was step in the right direction in terms of performance for chrysler. It looks like the guys at IPS are doing a number of these cars already.

ill gladly let u use my car as a test dummy haha, how many shop are doing diesel tunning besides like pickupplus?

Guest Removed
ill gladly let u use my car as a test dummy haha, how many shop are doing diesel tunning besides like pickupplus?

i dont think brady is doing diesel tuning...if i remember right. but your better off asking him

Brian there is a need for a GOOD tuner for dodges. I still talk to a lot of dodge 4 cylinder guys but most of them are now running Megasquirt. Its very easy to use to and work with. Have you dealt with MS before? Also I can give you some websites and maybe help push it a little for you on those sites. Also I know a MS site that you may be able to jump on and push and I would almost bet that you would get great business from.

You do AWD? I'm looking for an AWD DynoJet - not for tuning just for baselining as I add my mods on.

Also Brian the future is in German/ European cars in terms of a tap that is not run dry. Waiting for the release of some flasher for vw/audi/porsche ect and there will be a new wave of tunes.

Edited by Wagner

brian- I thought you could do 94+ lt1 cars?

I do some of the LT1 tuning for Brian. The LT1 is a complicated tuning platform because the aftermarket is so small. As Brian mentioned earlier, it would be great if HP Tuners would offer LT1 support but the last I heard, they had many other priorities ahead of it and that it may be years if they ever release it. They said there is not enough demand compared to newer cars.

I use TunerCats for OBD1 cars and I have both cables required so I can do 94 or 95 Fbody and I believe it will do Vettes and Impalas too, although I have never tried it.

With only a hand full of calls concerning LT1's, half of those are for 96-97 Fbods. These are OBD2 and the software and cables are relatively expensive and only 1 company has a tuning solution for these cars. EFI Live has a new solution which requires an LS1 ECM, EFI Live crank reluctor ring, cam reluctor ring, LS1 coil packs and some other stuff....after all of that expense, then you can tune it with standard LS1 tuning software such as HPT. With all this extra expense for a slow market, I usually recommend 96-97 LT1 guys to purchase an OBD2 to OBD1 conversion package for $250 through an online vendor of camaroz28.com.

I've been considering buying the stuff to do these OBD2 96-97 fbods, but I would have to see good demand and probably charge an extra fee due to the fact that it costs me $100/car for licenses through JET on top of the cost of the software and hardware.

Once GM discontinued the LT1 and put Jesus clones under the hood of every Fbody and Ybody starting in 1998, the LT1 aftermarket crashed hard as a fat kid running the hurdles on track and field day.

I'm not sure how popular that new genisis from hyundai is going to be to mod but you might look into it...

this is a good thought. That car did pretty well against the V6 Camaro in Motortrend.

On that note, does your current software do the V6 camaro and Cadillac CTS's with the 3.6 direct injection motors? I don't see anybody getting crazy with internal engine mods on those engines, but I would be very surprised if a 300+ HP V6 in a Camaro doesn't make it in the aftermarket.

Brian only has a two wheel drive dyno, but we have an AWD if you need to do some base pulls just let me know.

Also Brian the future is in German/ European cars in terms of a tap that is not run dry. Waiting for the release of some flasher for vw/audi/porsche ect and there will be a new wave of tunes.

Agreed. From what I understand this is the direction that Diablosport is going. I imagine other tuning suites will follow.