WTB: Riding lawnmower with 50"+ deck

Nitrousbird

I need a riding lawnmower soon.

MUST have at least a 50" deck...I'd prefer 60"+, but that's probably out of the question price wise.

Cheaper the better. No broken mowers unless easily fixed.

Zero Turn or Garden Tractor doesn't really matter. I just need to mow without borrowing my buddy's 60" Exmark.

We've got an old MTD Yard Machine with either a 36 inch or 42 inch deck. Haven't tried to start it in a while cause we don't have a battery in it. $150 as it sets if your interested.

We've got an old MTD Yard Machine with either a 36 inch or 42 inch deck. Haven't tried to start it in a while cause we don't have a battery in it. $150 as it sets if your interested.

No thanks. There are piles of small deck lawnmowers out there; it takes long enough to mow 2 acres with a 60" deck on a fast mower; I don't even want to try it on a small rider.

But thanks for the offer.

Guest Removed

i might be interested in that just to rip the deck off and push cars in with it

whats your budget?I got a mower or two I may part with?

The budget is easily smaller than it was a week ago after have to replace heat pump, lines, and coil here at a not-so-cool $3200. :(

Probably a max of $2000, but that's stretching it a lot. My goal is around $1000, but that's going to be hard to find. :(

how long could it take to mow 2 acres with a 42 inch deck? my parents have an acre and a 42 inch deck riding mower and when I go over there, it takes maybe 20-30 min's to get that all mowed.... I would assume you could do 2 acres in about an hour or less....

how long could it take to mow 2 acres with a 42 inch deck? my parents have an acre and a 42 inch deck riding mower and when I go over there, it takes maybe 20-30 min's to get that all mowed.... I would assume you could do 2 acres in about an hour or less....

Not a chance in an hour on a dinky 42" deck.

I haven't gauged how long mine takes, as the yard has been so long both times you have to go over it a lot.

But my buddies yard is also 2 acres, going full blast on a COMMERCIAL 60" deck zero turn that he is pretty quick with takes him about an hour, and that mower scoots.

Everyone in the neighborhood has 1.5-2 acres, and I haven't seen anyone with a small riding mower - it's all 50"+ stuff. Sure I could mow with a 42" but I don't intend on spending 3-4 hours every time I mow my grass.

I have just over 2 acres and use a Cub Cadet 54", full throttle all the time. If you don't want any fancy patterns, it takes about an hour and 20 minutes.

EDIT - And just a thought, if you will ever need to pull a yard trailer or plow a small amount of snow, or pull a yard roller, etc... tractor > zero turn.

if you like exercise you can push mow 2 acres in about two hours if you don't fuck around and it saves you money :)

I will pay you $100 to mow this yard, CORRECTLY, with a push mower in 2 hours. By correctly I mean not missing half the grass.

Guest Removed
i mow my 12 acre shop in 2 and a half hours on a 60 inch....

i mow my 2.02 acre house in about 30 min on my 52inch.

but then again I do it for a living.lol.

you'll have that with 5 phils out there with a bunch of push mowers.

Well, I found a 05 Husqvarna w/ a 54" deck on Craig's List and bought it yesterday; 05 for $800. Seems like a decent deal to me; it's nothing fancy, but should get the job done. I will probably want to upgrade in a year or two, but it will get my by until then, and I'll probably break even selling it. :)

I will pay you $100 to mow this yard, CORRECTLY, with a push mower in 2 hours. By correctly I mean not missing half the grass.

thats tempting

how tall is the grass?

I'm down to try if its like a normal yard if the shit is 10 inches high or something its going to take longer