Question for the CORE riders...

Casper

I heard CORE really went downhill after Steph left. True or not? I didn't think much of it, but I've noticed in the last few months a ton of people coming over from CORE. I personally haven't been on CORE's website since she left. I never was very active on there though.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you mean by "when Steph left"?? When she moved or when she stopped posting often and doing most of the organizing? She had been kind of quiet for a while before she moved. I think she just had a lot on her plate. CORE is very' date=' very inactive in the winter. When summer rolls around it is a little more active but nothing like this board. CORE doesn't really do the 'social thing' anymore. Actually, since I've been a member they never really did. I think all that stuff ended when Amy left and Steph tried to keep it going but, as the saying goes... "You can lead a horse to water..."

I'm trying to get CORE to become a bit more social because it is fun and I love my riding family. We have great fun on the road and I think we'd have great fun hanging out. Maybe not, but that is my current intention. If they want to socialize that would be awesome. If they don't, then I guess I'm stuck with you bitches.[/quote']

I guess I should've rephrased that... by "when Steph left" I mean when she stepped down from running the website. That was probably about six months before she moved, maybe a year. I don't know Amy. What's the story there? Did she move away or just quit the site? So who runs CORE now?

AHHHHH

He just wanted an answer.......

Edited by BornSinner

Nobody really 'runs' CORE. Kevin (Skrewloose) hosts the server and does all the updates' date=' upgrades and whatnot. We all, ok, some of us, pay for the yearly fees and we have a handful of Admins and Moderators. It is very lax as far as forums are concerned. Most of the members don't ever post. They just lurk and show up on rides. The Columbus people aren't involved much at all. It is typically most of us Northern guys/gals that ride South every Sunday in the season.[/quote']

So, it sounds like I heard right then, CORE's pretty much dead compared to a few years ago.

ahhhhh

he just wanted an answer.......

+1 :D <-- What the hell is with this smiley not working until is later in the text :D Its making my CAP a lowercase on its own.

Edited by flounder

Oh' date=' I see where this is going. It's like a hostile corporate takeover. Well, we're not selling. No sir. This was my grandpappy's land and it ain't for sale!!

What kind of money are we talking about?[/quote']

Actually, it would be me doing CORE a favor.... No more hosting costs and no more dealing with software upgrades. There are a few other smaller groups thinking about merging with Ohio Riders. We don't make any money, so it'd be hard for this to be a corporate take over.

:lol:

No way!! We won't be owned by the man!! You charge us or it's no deal!!

Actually' date=' Kevin is the person we'd want to talk to. I don't know if he and the rest of the gang would be down. I'm liking it but we may have to wait until fucking May to see what the others say. :nono:[/quote']

petergriffen.jpg

I got two words for ya....

Come On.......