Question for the CORE riders...

Casper

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's something fishy going on here. First' date=' it is a sweet offer. That raises a red flag right off the bat. Second, BornSinner has never talked to me on this board. He must have something to gain from this. Third, Sam didn't call me a fag. Shit is seriously wrong with this scenario!!!

I'll get to the bottom of this shit. Mark my words. :beating:[/quote']

Just woke up and I am high, fag

There's something fishy going on here. First' date=' it is a sweet offer. That raises a red flag right off the bat. Second, BornSinner has never talked to me on this board. He must have something to gain from this. Third, Sam didn't call me a fag. Shit is seriously wrong with this scenario!!!

I'll get to the bottom of this shit. Mark my words. :beating:[/quote']

:lol:

I'm sort of a fan of having small groups for rides, so I can't complain about the way CORE is right now.

although, i had a good time when we had some intergroup mingling on CORE and OR rides.

as far as what CORE does now a days: a lot of the rides are out of NE ohio. When I first joined CORE, it seemed like a lot more rides were done in the columbus area, but mroe recently, a few of the regulars have taken to riding solely on the track, and a few others have moved out of state (like steph, for example).

even now, with the forum being "dead" compared to past years, we still have rides just about every nice weekend with the riding group size being usually 4-6 people, and occasionally when we get "lots" of new riders in, 10-15 people.

I'm a big CORE fan... I joined them when I move to Ohio from NC.. way back when Amy and Mark ran the group in 2002. I enjoyed the group as they took on a NO SQUIDS approach and that really appealed to me! Most of them are track junkies and I liked that as well! I use to post there ALL THE TIME (have over 2500 posts there)! I use to wake up early and ride out with all the Columbus riders and meet up at the Bob Evans in Z'ville off 70. When my son was born, that cut my weekend riding in half (if not more). So, I'll get out with them every now and then, but it isn't what it use to be! I've got some really good pic's of HUGE group rides!

I still post there, and go on rides from time to time! I made a lot of good friends off that site, so I can't say anything bad about them!

Wow.. a core take over eh? Yeah the group is mostly Northern folks. To ride with them, I often have to meet them North East, which I don't mind at all since they are good riders, and fun to be around..

No take over, just offering.

2338742246_ccb4327e37.jpg?v=0

I joined the Core site this winter. Haven't spent much of any time over there tough. Seems pretty dead? If they do have some meet up for the N.E folks it would be nice. Up here it seems rare to find anyone that wants to do any riding. Everybody I run into basically bounces bars and rides to Geneva on Friday's and Saturdays. Gets old real fast!

Having a family it can be hard to get the time to ride to meet up with the more active Southern riders with out having to stay in a hotel and making a weekend out of it. I just hope this year I will meet up with some riders that actually want to ride instead of just stop every half hour to hour and stand around next to their bikes to look cool. If not I guess I will just ride by myself like last year.

If they do have some meet up for the N.E folks it would be nice. Up here it seems rare to find anyone that wants to do any riding. .

Yeah pretty quiet over there off season. No worries they seem to have rides quite often once it warms up. Just have to get down to Bolivar before I'm really awake. Can't wait though.

In general I could care less what the name of the group I ride with is called, or what board I post to, as long as it is the same good riders and good people.

Core may have fallen off a bit but even today they seem to be able to keep a few core values/ fundamentals:

- Stress proper riding gear

- The base ideas of "the pace". There are some fast mofos over there, but everyone encourages to ride YOUR pace, the crew will be waiting at every stop sign or turn off. No one ever gets ridiculed for being slow.

- The better riders are more than willing to slow down to help teach slower riders.

- Track riding is strongly encouraged.

- The social aspect is down, but almost everyone posts up when they are going to do a serious ride. Thus if you are willing to make the commute, there is a ride to join almost every weekend during 'the season'

The above is just my experience, *other personal results may vary.

Edited by RedCloud

I tried to too and didn't get a response. LOL. Haters. P

Took me 3 months & some PM's to Pauly to get my acct working. Probably would'a been quicker.....But I didn't want him thinkin' I was a desperate whore after his 1st attempt failed, so I played coy for awhile after that roflmao.gif

I have to agree with Isaac's Papa, I like the fact that the majority of the riders that show up with them are mature and not a bunch of young guns trying to impress me on there street riding ability! Isn't going to happen!

Yeah, I've tacked on some crazy miles riding with them!