Question for the CORE riders...

Casper

IP and RedCloud nailed it... this year we had a lot of new riders (some with egos) and some bad weather riding ... it is not IF it is WHEN ... it happens and you can't control everything.... we do stress controlling the things you can, like riding gear, tires, etc ... we even discuss suspension settings and how the bike feels to those new or want a second opinion on setup ... ask, ask, ask those that know... egos hurt.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... we even discuss suspension settings and how the bike feels to those new or want a second opinion on setup

That's what I'd like to learn more about; although I'm not sure there's much you can adjust on mine.....But it's felt a little squirrely or somethin' to me since I changed my rear from 200 to 190 & Dunlop 208 to Qualifier. Part of me wonders if it's just "turning in" faster now since I dropped to the 190....But I'm not a good enough rider/experienced enough tuner (i.e no track experience) to know what it is I'm feeling, let alone adjust it.

let's this weather warm up and we'll ride... 190 will definitely change the turn-in characteristics ... but squirrely? ... would need more info on where, is it the suspension compressing, making it feel in-planted while maintaining a line? just turning in stability, etc .... could be anything and everything, softer rubber, smaller tire, poor suspension setup, could also be more than just the rear ... now that you changed the rear have you changed the front setup? ... profile of the tire can change ride height, angles, etc. ...

Naahhh....Haven't changed anything other than rear tire. Do need to change front tire this season though. Still a 208, so I'll probably go with the Qualifier up there as well, to match

have you ever set your sag?

thats where you need to start.

going from 200-190, wouldn't your ride height be changed? that could affect your geo and make things squirrely. It may not look like a lot, but there is a noticeable difference between 2mm and 1mm of ride height change on my bike. yours may be different though.

someone else chime in if im wrong.