Supercharger Install and Tune for Mustang

KStang3.8

Where should i take my 2001 3.8 V6 Mustang to have an Eaton M112 blower from a 03-04 Cobra installed? and tuned?

The install will include Adapter, Blower, Plenum, Throttle Body, Cold Air Intake, MAF, 39lb fuel injectors, 310lph fuel pump, air charge temperature sensor, water/meth kit, and secondary idler.

I've been told Mike Ward Racing and IPS are good. But i've also heard really bad things about both.

I would appreciate suggestions on either of these places or any other place. Also an estimate of how much you think install and tune will cost at these places.

Thanks.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

both shops can do the installs. also pm gearhead on here he does performance installs as well as your average stuff. also very good on price

an then have dyno brian tune it for you

:edit an there is dyno brian to save the dayyyyy

this is rob gearheads screen name an info

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/member.php?u=732

I suppose i may have jumped the gun posting this, but i do not yet have everything. Its not going to be hard for me to get everything, but because of my funds i will not have everything until next summer. Everything i listed above is everything i plan on buying.

I wanted to get some information on how much everything would cost so i can know how much money i need to make ahead of time.

Guest Removed

get everything you need, and give me a hollar.

sonic on here has done this install already here.

IMO, a svt focus fuel pump or a ford gt pump shoudl be used to make sure you have plenty of fuel.

and can also handle getting this tuned for you aswell.

i appreciate the advice. i was thinking that i would get an SVT Focus 310lph fuel pump.

i will definitely keep you and "Mobile Chassis Dyno" in the forefront of my mind.

any estimate of how much it would cost me for install and/or tune? i wouldn't hold you to it or anything. I'm just curious. (i understand if you'd prefer not to though).

Give me a call and or stop down to the shop, I think our 10k+ sq ft facility and our knowledge will speak for itself, base what you do to this car, on your knowledge and your experiences, not what *hear say* you have heard, this is specific to any shop.

Good luck

-Brandon

No offense meant to you or Mike Ward. I apologize. Mike did my 4.10 gears and LSD for me and did really well and did a great job working with me. I was just looking for some sort of discussion on where would be good to go, etc.

Then show him a little bit of loyalty and go back to Mike. If he took care of you before I am sure he will take care of again :)

Jeff

No offense meant to you or Mike Ward. I apologize. Mike did my 4.10 gears and LSD for me and did really well and did a great job working with me. I was just looking for some sort of discussion on where would be good to go, etc.

I'm confused. You said that you "heard bad things" and now you say that you went to Ward's shop? Weird. It's your money do whatever you want with it. The obvious here seems to be going to the place that you are happy with from previous experience.

thanks for the advice all. mike is also very convenient....just down the road from me. i google searched his name after i had my rear end done and read bad things...but i've known several people who've been there and had awesome experiences, including myself, so there's a high chance i'll go back. i was just slightly worried having read bad things. but who knows they may not even be true. if someone who works at IPS says go back to Mike then i think i can trust Mike lol.

Guest Removed
Just wondering what kind of lower intake you will be using that will fit a stock Cobra blower to a 3.8. That sounds like a very custom job from start to finish. Brackets, belts, hood clearance, etc, etc. Sounds like a nightmare install to me.

its a plate that bolts to the 3.8 lower intake.

not very hard at all.

its a plate that bolts to the 3.8 lower intake.

not very hard at all.

I remember looking into it for my 02 GT to use the Cobra blower. Couldn't really find all the parts needed, and the cost estimate was not worth it in the end (money savings was the only incentive for the project anyway). Amazing you can do it so easily on a V6.

Decided that I'm I'm saving and holding out for a Kenne Bell :D

niiice kenne bell would be awesome.

super six motorsports sells an adapter that bolts to the lower intake, as gearhead explained. i just had to/have to buy alot of cobra parts. air intake ,90mm maf, throttle body and intake plenum. as well as 39lb injectors.

and its nice that it fits cuz i don't want to shell out hundreds of $ for a freakin hood.

niiice kenne bell would be awesome.

super six motorsports sells an adapter that bolts to the lower intake, as gearhead explained. i just had to/have to buy alot of cobra parts. air intake ,90mm maf, throttle body and intake plenum. as well as 39lb injectors.

and its nice that it fits cuz i don't want to shell out hundreds of $ for a freakin hood.

That is very cool!!! I know you must be excited about your project, and I hope it goes well for you!!Can't wait until my Stang is under pressure.

Just wondering what kind of gains have people gotten with that setup? How good is the V6 short block? I know with my GT anything over 400whp even WITH a conservative tune is pushing it with my stock connecting rods. I know people that have pushed the envelope and been successful. My ugly ass is too much of a pussy to try that...LOL

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PROJECT!!!

The Ford GT Pump was better in my Marauder than the Ford SVT Focus Pump.

The SVT was running out at the ~450 rwhp mark, even with a Boost-A-Pump. The GT was decent at 500 rwhp.

YMMV

KillJoy

The last time my GT died on me it was the fuel pump. Wanted to do the Cobra dual pumps because if figured I might as well, but with that I would have had to replace my gas tank too and it was like $700. Needless to say I used the Focus pump for like $80...LOL

Yes Killjoy, your Marauder was a BEAST. Loved that freaking car, you must miss it. I know I would.

Guest Removed
That is very cool!!! I know you must be excited about your project, and I hope it goes well for you!!Can't wait until my Stang is under pressure.

Just wondering what kind of gains have people gotten with that setup? How good is the V6 short block? I know with my GT anything over 400whp even WITH a conservative tune is pushing it with my stock connecting rods. I know people that have pushed the envelope and been successful. My ugly ass is too much of a pussy to try that...LOL

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PROJECT!!!

well with some work, you can swap in the 4.2 truck motor :D

i've seen sprayed 4.2 cars running 11's

well with some work, you can swap in the 4.2 truck motor :D

i've seen sprayed 4.2 cars running 11's

I've seen a 400 pound naked woman covered in glitter lick the balls of a mule while picking up quarters on the ground with her snatch. So if that is possible, a 4.2 doing 11's doesn't seem like such a stretch.