Supercharger Install and Tune for Mustang

KStang3.8

sonic stang: "and my car ran 16.4 stock with an auto trans. and 14.3 is an average et for me now. i only ran a 14.09 once."

that is something to be proud. stock automatic v6 mustang is SLOWWWWWWWWWW.

14.3 isn't blowing anyone away. but i remember i raced a stock wrx when i only had a cold air intake (basically no different from stock) and he smoked the balls off of me. he beat me so bad that i thought i might as well drive a minivan. stock wrx runs a 14.4

sonic ran a 14.3. so in my eyes thats pretty impressive. not to mention if i throw a cam on which i'm seriously considering i will run in the 13's. that is a humongous difference. 1 year and 3 months ago when i got my car it was a present from my parents and it was slow. 8 months from now i will have a very respectable car that is 100 times better than when it started. maybe when i don't have to pay for school and have a real job i'll buy something with 8 cylinders or a turbo, but i don't know many people my age with a car that runs in the 13's. so for me its something to be proud of. i'm not a moron. i know that i'll never touch a terminator cuz almost no one keeps those things stock. i doubt i will ever beat a lightly modded srt4. but i don't care. i really don't.

please feel free to talk about how awesome your cars are and how worthless my car is in this thread. i don't really care. i posted this to ask for suggestions on what to do and where to go. not to hear some faggot named tyler who is a professional ninja talk shit because he feels like he can cuz he's 19 and spends his life on the internet. cool dude.

gary should be proud of his car too. that is all.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kevin, your car is deffinately gonna fun when you get done with it, but like a few people are basically saying, when its all done just enjoy it for what it is and just dont get your hopes up. the reason i modified my 6 was because i had gotten on a few V6 sites and talked to a few people that were running 13.5 with just a cam, intake, exaust, converter and 4.10 gears. I ended up going with 3.73 gears and had a little work done with my heads, but to date my best run is 13.79. not saying my cars not capable of that time with a good launch and a better track and conditions, it stil hasnt done it though. And also, i dont know how much it will mean to you, but i dont know how much goin from 254whp to 300 will really help. I just got my car tuned and picked up 27 whp and 25 tq, but my personal best went from 13.86 with 196 whp and 205 tq, to 13.79 with 223 whp and 230 tq. on another note, if a supercharged and cammed 3.8 stang ran 13.4, then GM V6>ford V6 lol

Guest tbutera2112
sonic stang: "and my car ran 16.4 stock with an auto trans. and 14.3 is an average et for me now. i only ran a 14.09 once."

that is something to be proud. stock automatic v6 mustang is SLOWWWWWWWWWW.

14.3 isn't blowing anyone away. but i remember i raced a stock wrx when i only had a cold air intake (basically no different from stock) and he smoked the balls off of me. he beat me so bad that i thought i might as well drive a minivan. stock wrx runs a 14.4

sonic ran a 14.3. so in my eyes thats pretty impressive. not to mention if i throw a cam on which i'm seriously considering i will run in the 13's. that is a humongous difference. 1 year and 3 months ago when i got my car it was a present from my parents and it was slow. 8 months from now i will have a very respectable car that is 100 times better than when it started. maybe when i don't have to pay for school and have a real job i'll buy something with 8 cylinders or a turbo, but i don't know many people my age with a car that runs in the 13's. so for me its something to be proud of. i'm not a moron. i know that i'll never touch a terminator cuz almost no one keeps those things stock. i doubt i will ever beat a lightly modded srt4. but i don't care. i really don't.

please feel free to talk about how awesome your cars are and how worthless my car is in this thread. i don't really care. i posted this to ask for suggestions on what to do and where to go. not to hear some faggot named tyler who is a professional ninja talk shit because he feels like he can cuz he's 19 and spends his life on the internet. cool dude.

gary should be proud of his car too. that is all.

lmfao youre one retarded fuck arent you? go back to dragtimes and look at more quarter mile times!!...um no, perhaps you should actually find out what the cars run for sure, instead of believing everything you see on the internet

nobody came in here talking shit until you got all cocky and badass about your v6 thats going to run mid 12s and stomp all over 03/04 cobras

m112 on a v6 is not the be all end all of performance, and if you stopped acting like it was, people wouldnt think youre a tool

sorry that i dont believe your "super stang" is the shit, just becasue you saw a car run in the 12s with one, doesnt mean your car will

ive seen stock engine GTs running in the mid 12s, bone stock to the paper filter....good tires + lots of suspension work, and a good driver will do that

adding a SC and bumping up to 250rwhp is not going to make it a "super" car, faggot

ive got a bone stock accord ill run you with once you get that blower, $20 per pass...if youre running "12.5-13.5" (:wtf:) it should be no problem for you

thank you for your words gary, i will be enjoying the hell out of my mustang this summer and for years after. i don't care if i get beat by cars that cost more than mine. when its all said and done my car will have had spent on it about 11,500. and will be running in the low 14's high 13's at 75,000 miles. cars slower than that with more miles (like wrx's) cost that much or more. so i'll be happy with my investment. what you said about expecting 13.5: the internet is a bitch lol. i though exhaust and cold air would put me in the 14's at one point......nope lol.

as for sirtalksalot. sometimes its necessary for v6 mustang owners to say stupid shit like. i'm gonna run a 12.5. so that we can learn that this is false, and no longer be stupid.

i don't care if you spent all your money on tires and suspension for your honda accord so that you can run a faster time than me. if you did youre a fucking moron. if you haven't spent a dime on your accord then youre a fucking moron to say that it would beat my blown v6 mustang. that is just an arrogant statement because you're trying to sound sweet cuz i insulted you for being a ninja.

What in the blue oval fuck is going on here?

Is this a speed shop post or some stupid ass kitchen e-pissing match? Please let me know so I can fucking fix this mess if needed or wanted.

nope just a kid with a gay v6 mustang running on hopes an dreams, nothing worth seeing here.... he wont even run my stock v6 mustang with his MAD TYTE modded one yo!!

thank you for your words gary, i will be enjoying the hell out of my mustang this summer and for years after. i don't care if i get beat by cars that cost more than mine. when its all said and done my car will have had spent on it about 11,500. and will be running in the low 14's high 13's at 75,000 miles. cars slower than that with more miles (like wrx's) cost that much or more. so i'll be happy with my investment. what you said about expecting 13.5: the internet is a bitch lol. i though exhaust and cold air would put me in the 14's at one point......nope lol.

um dude, i paid $4500 for my 2000 Mustang GT 5spd w/ 68k miles on it, loaded up, leather etc, and it was lowered on deep dish 18's, and had an SLP cat back exhaust. So do tell me how paying and extra $7k for your v6 mustang to be just as fast is smart? durrr...

oh and i bought my GTP for $3400 with 88k miles on it, again loaded up, and I would be that with minor mods I could smoke that $11,500 v6 mustang....

just my .02

um dude, i paid $4500 for my 2000 Mustang GT 5spd w/ 68k miles on it, loaded up, leather etc, and it was lowered on deep dish 18's, and had an SLP cat back exhaust. So do tell me how paying and extra $7k for your v6 mustang to be just as fast is smart? durrr...

oh and i bought my GTP for $3400 with 88k miles on it, again loaded up, and I would be that with minor mods I could smoke that $11,500 v6 mustang....

just my .02

and ill beat ur gtp too :)

beer, good for you my friend. my parents bought my car for 7000. guess they should have found a better deal. i've paid for the rest of the mods (or will have when i have them all) so for me personally i'll be out about 4500 dollars. which is what you paid for youre gt. and our cars will be equal. so i'm okay with that.

wagner, this ninja kid named tyler chose to talk shit to me. that is what happened. but its okay. this is a good thread if he chooses to stop.

Gearhead: 4.2 truck motor + turbo = THE SHIT!!!!!!

that car is my idol lol. but when it comes down to it. i'm supercharging my car for 2500-3000. most basic turbo kit from tmaturbo.com is $3,470 + truck motor price + other shit i don't know about + install + tune = prob twice as much as i'm paying to supercharge. is an extra 3000 dollars worth running an 11.1? YES! do i have 3000 dollars extra? NO! lol

beer, good for you my friend. my parents bought my car for 7000. guess they should have found a better deal. i've paid for the rest of the mods (or will have when i have them all) so for me personally i'll be out about 4500 dollars. which is what you paid for youre gt. and our cars will be equal. so i'm okay with that.

wagner, this ninja kid named tyler chose to talk shit to me. that is what happened. but its okay. this is a good thread if he chooses to stop.

Gearhead: 4.2 truck motor + turbo = THE SHIT!!!!!!

that car is my idol lol. but when it comes down to it. i'm supercharging my car for 2500-3000. most basic turbo kit from tmaturbo.com is $3,470 + truck motor price + other shit i don't know about + install + tune = prob twice as much as i'm paying to supercharge. is an extra 3000 dollars worth running an 11.1? YES! do i have 3000 dollars extra? NO! lol

that thing sounds retarded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how do i know what wheels and tires would be good for my car? i want black saleen 18X9 and 18X10 wheels front and back respectively. the tires would be http://www.americanmuscle.com/18x9-99-04-tires.html on the front and i'm sure something similiar on the back.

is that a good setup? should i just buy sweet tires for my stock 16's (i think? or 15's).

what would be some examples of "sweet tires."

i want tires that make me fast....i don't care about winter time.

how do i know what wheels and tires would be good for my car? i want black saleen 18X9 and 18X10 wheels front and back respectively. the tires would be http://www.americanmuscle.com/18x9-99-04-tires.html on the front and i'm sure something similiar on the back.

is that a good setup? should i just buy sweet tires for my stock 16's (i think? or 15's).

what would be some examples of "sweet tires."

i want tires that make me fast....i don't care about winter time.

if you want something thats going to 'help' with speed, dont go up to 18 inch rims, that will only slow you down. Try to sitck with something in the 16 inch. The bigger the wheel/tire you run, the more weight your gonna add along with making that 4.10 more like a 3.73 or less.

okay. is there a certain type of tread or something that makes a good tire? or a brand name?

also. captainsrtgaypants i wasn't addressing you or responding to your comment i was posting a general question. as this is a thread for me to ask for suggestions about my car.

• Downvote 1

okay. is there a certain type of tread or something that makes a good tire? or a brand name?

also. captainsrtgaypants i wasn't addressing you or responding to your comment i was posting a general question. as this is a thread for me to ask for suggestions about my car.

no not really...

""The Speed Shop (1 Viewing)

This is for local and internet vendors to post group purchases, specials, and discounts for members of Columbus Racing. Vendors""

the tech section also the passing lane are two areas in which u can

Ok thanks for playing everybody the correct answer was Juan Valdez.

Now:

OP you can start a new thread when you are ready to do this instal if you want.

If you would like to contiune this fucking mess it can go to:

The Kitchen, Passing lane, Tech, and maybe the parking lot as well.

Thanks everyone for playing "how to fuck up a thread"