Supercharger Install and Tune for Mustang

KStang3.8

hahahahahahaha i've seen similar 4.2's.

thanks for the well wishes monkey bone. i am very excited. i've seen the v6 block hold up to 350rwhp without much problem. i've seen it at 600rwhp but that had all kinds of internal work and stuff done. sonicstang03 on here was hitting 260rwhp with a boost leak and he has this setup. after getting it fixed he's expecting to be atleast 300rwhp. i expect that as well for me.

killjoy thanks for the tip. i was considering getting this 310lph fuel pump from VMP tuning. http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index.php?p=product&id=6&parent=21

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tbutera2112
hahahahahahaha i've seen similar 4.2's.

thanks for the well wishes monkey bone. i am very excited. i've seen the v6 block hold up to 350rwhp without much problem. i've seen it at 600rwhp but that had all kinds of internal work and stuff done. sonicstang03 on here was hitting 260rwhp with a boost leak and he has this setup. after getting it fixed he's expecting to be atleast 300rwhp. i expect that as well for me.

killjoy thanks for the tip. i was considering getting this 310lph fuel pump from VMP tuning. http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index.php?p=product&id=6&parent=21

you can get a 255lph for half that and it would be plenty for 350rwhp

i lied...dug up the old link of where i bought mine...they jacked their prices up like a motherfucker...i paid 89.99 for mine

http://www.haneymotorsport.com/Mustang%20Fuel%20Pump%20Upgrade.htm

You don't want to use a normal 255lph pump with a ford returnless system.

QFT!

:thumbup:

KillJoy

Guest tbutera2112
QFT!

:thumbup:

KillJoy

With increased HP from your Mustang, the

demand for a higher performing Fuel pump

becomes critical. With this higher flowing SVT

Focus Fuel pump, you get added security of

adequate LPH to meet your HP needs. Rated at

255lph and is found adequate up to 425 RWHP.

Fits 1999-2004 V6, GT, Bullitt, Mach1 and Cobra

applications. Includes helpful install sheet!

Designed for returnless fuel system!

that pump worked fine in my car, and in thousands of other mustangs?? :confused:

I've seen a 400 pound naked woman covered in glitter lick the balls of a mule while picking up quarters on the ground with her snatch. So if that is possible, a 4.2 doing 11's doesn't seem like such a stretch.

;)

KillJoy

PSS - Layton..... Pics?

In all the confusion I left my camera too close to the stage and it appears she can pick up more than just quarters with her snatch. Just the thought of going after it resulted in uncontrollable projectile vomiting. Never did get that camera back, but I’m ok with that

literally everything... but he already has the s/c and plenum. the sc is not shaved though. so he will need to take it to a shop to get it shaved.

and kevin have brian tune your car. he already has experiance with my car. hes tuned it 4 or 5 times with my changing setups and hes a great tuner. he will take car of you. youll want to have someone with experiance with a setup to tune something you car.

literally everything... but he already has the s/c and plenum. the sc is not shaved though. so he will need to take it to a shop to get it shaved.

and kevin have brian tune your car. he already has experiance with my car. hes tuned it 4 or 5 times with my changing setups and hes a great tuner. he will take car of you. youll want to have someone with experiance with a setup to tune something you car.

why not just sell him the ecu/chip and etc too...:confused:

That is very cool!!! I know you must be excited about your project, and I hope it goes well for you!!Can't wait until my Stang is under pressure.

Just wondering what kind of gains have people gotten with that setup? How good is the V6 short block? I know with my GT anything over 400whp even WITH a conservative tune is pushing it with my stock connecting rods. I know people that have pushed the envelope and been successful. My ugly ass is too much of a pussy to try that...LOL

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PROJECT!!!

most guys with the m112 swap are getting around 290 rwhp. but only a fea are running with out a cam. cammed they are putting about 330rwhp down. 4.2 are putting down well over 400. some are putting 500+ with nitrous and a m112

why not just sell him the ecu/chip and etc too...:confused:

oh thats true.. never thought about that. he doesnt want it though. that would be a deal to not have to buy a tune. he could always just resell the eaton he has to a mach1 guy or another 3.8 guy. ;) good thinkin sir! good thinkin

i wanna buy it. but i don't have all of the $ yet. and i'll need to sell the $1000 in parts i already have. the price is perfect. pm-ed you.

you don't have the 310lph fuel pump. how was it for you without it? did you or brian notice any problems because of it?

anyone else have an opinion?

also. i like the idea of getting the chip and tune, but i already have an SCT Tuner so that would hold the tune right? and i have a different exhaust set up than him. and i kinda want the 310lph pump. so doesn't this mean i'd need a different tune anyways?

well sonics tune would/should be very close. but IMO, it would be best to start over, and get it tuned to yours. i have done things like this in the past, and the tune was a bit off. but we started all over with the tune, but we had a good baseline to go off of, and it just made for less time on the dyno. :)

okay. thanks for the advice. i kinda felt that way as well. best to just do it on my car.

also will my SCT Tuner be of any use? like can the tune be put on it and used to upload to my car?

maybe..i would have to talk to my tuner on that one....;)

well sonics tune would/should be very close. but IMO, it would be best to start over, and get it tuned to yours. i have done things like this in the past, and the tune was a bit off. but we started all over with the tune, but we had a good baseline to go off of, and it just made for less time on the dyno. :)

exactly... my tune would get you around for a while. then later on after you get money you probably would want to get it tuned again. cause every car is different. but my tune would get you by for a while

okay. thanks for the advice. i kinda felt that way as well. best to just do it on my car.

also will my SCT Tuner be of any use? like can the tune be put on it and used to upload to my car?

ask brian on that one