Christians vs. Atheists - for you JRmiiiiiiiiiii

SAMBUSA

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I can see where religions would recruit (the more radical, the more actively they do), but I don't get where atheists would. "Hey! Come believe in...nothing!" I think like a lot of folks my age that grew up being forcefed Sunday mornings at church, I have found that while I do have a certain level of faith and spirituality, the hypocracy and elitist attitude of organized religion has soured me on that "celebration of faith" they all talk about. Either some bullshit dogma that defines how you are to have your relationship with God, or how your faith is directly proportionate to your tithings. And for the other side of the pendulum, hey if you don't believe in that stuff, good for you. But don't tell someone who uses that faith to keep on the sunny side of life they're an idiot. If you want to live carefree and they aren't pushing their agenda on you, extend the same courtesy. That's the problem anymore. It's not that the religious zealots are the only ones pushing, it's the ones who have faith in or believe in nothing that push just as hard. It's isn't what their agenda is, but simply that they have one, and YOU need to align with it. Ugh.

While I can see where religions would recruit (the more radical, the more actively they do), but I don't get where atheists would. "Hey! Come believe in...nothing!" I think like a lot of folks my age that grew up being forcefed Sunday mornings at church, I have found that while I do have a certain level of faith and spirituality, the hypocracy and elitist attitude of organized religion has soured me on that "celebration of faith" they all talk about. Either some bullshit dogma that defines how you are to have your relationship with God, or how your faith is directly proportionate to your tithings. And for the other side of the pendulum, hey if you don't believe in that stuff, good for you. But don't tell someone who uses that faith to keep on the sunny side of life they're an idiot. If you want to live carefree and they aren't pushing their agenda on you, extend the same courtesy. That's the problem anymore. It's not that the religious zealots are the only ones pushing, it's the ones who have faith in or believe in nothing that push just as hard. It's isn't what their agenda is, but simply that they have one, and YOU need to align with it. Ugh.
AMEN BROTHA! it's like I've said a hundred million times, your faith (or beliefs) are yours and yours alone, they are personal. essentialy who you are. and to have someone tell you that you're wrong or misdirected is personally repugnant. Share your beliefs, don't take them out and wield them like a ball bat on people...

idk, bc i think i'm still undecided. I don't see how an atheist would ever look at that quote and say "eh, good point, i believe!" and I don't see how someone with faith in religion would change either.

This can subconsciously tell you a bit about your beliefs ;)

GODISNOWHERE

I didn't know Joe Rogan (host of Fear Factor) was a comedian!? :wtf:

He makes a good point even though I have no idea where I stand on the issue.

goto http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=joerogandotnet&view=videos

The guy is funny as hell when doing stand-up.. I really love the fact that he calls Carlos Mencia a fucking hack... Which of course he is. He is almost as bad as Larry the Cable guy who is a redneck from.. wait for it... wait for it.. Nebraska and Florida..:D

I read that and now I just really want ribs. What does that say about my beliefs :confused:

Wanting ribs says nothing about your beliefs. What you put on those ribs says EVERYTHING about them, however.

Personally, I'm a sweet and hot BBQ man.

I was born an atheist and that's how I will die. There was a brief period when I was a believer of sorts, but I was never one to talk about it nor did I think it was very important at the time. Hey, the Middle East is one of the most religious places on Earth, and look at all of the love that goes around. There is nothing wrong with a little advertisement in rational thought. Some people believe that The Rapture is near so they want to tell everyone who drives behind them, with those goofy bumper stickers that say, "In case of Rapture, this car will be unmanned." Sorry, but if I can't take my motorcycle with me to the after-life, I don't even want to bother.