List of cars getting crushed (cash4clunkers)

CRed05

Seeing some of those cars on there, and knowing that they are getting crushed makes me a sad panda

http://www.cars.gov/files/official-information/trade-in-vehicles.pdf

Some of them that break my hart are:

multiple S4s, S6's, A8s, some original quattros, older m3 and m5, maseratis...wtf people.

Lighting Pickup 2WD

Lightning F150 2WD

Roush Stage 3 F-150 4WD

Roush Performance

Stage 3 F-150 Supercab 4WD

That's not accurate they didn't make a Lighting in 1984 or 1985.

If even some of that is true, it's very sad.

The first time I hear someone bitch about how much their car would be worth if they didn't turn it in for cash for clunkers I'm going to break their jaw.

im with you on that. i saw some cars on there that are just ridiculous. an 87 GNX, 2008 mustang GT, and several LS1 f-bodies, cmon, WTF is wrong with people? i wish they posted phone numbers cause i would find out where half those people lived and kicked them all in the nuts.

What a fucking shame. This shit pisses me off.

Since these sweet cars are going to waste, there should be a rule where if you own a car that gets below X amount of MPG's and isn't worth a whole lot, you should be allowed to trade it for any car on that list that you want. First come first serve.

For example, old Mr. Williams didn't trade in his rusted out '79 Caprice in the cash for clunkers deal. He's owned it for a long time and decided he didn't want it getting crushed. However, Mr. Williams could choose to give up his Caprice and get the GNX or Mustang or Camaro or BMW or Supra or whatever car. The Caprice would take that car's spot on the to-be-crushed list, and Mr. Williams would have a sweet new ride.

That way, no nice cars are getting wasted, some old shitty cars are getting crushed instead, and all the fucktards that traded in their nice ass cars would be pissed off. Everybody wins :cool:

im with you on that. i saw some cars on there that are just ridiculous. an 87 GNX, 2008 mustang GT, and several LS1 f-bodies, cmon, WTF is wrong with people? i wish they posted phone numbers cause i would find out where half those people lived and kicked them all in the nuts.

Yeah I don't get it myself. a 06 is worth more then that.

Fuck a Supra shell is worth more than 4500? WTF

Or do they just get 4500 on top of trade in?

I think it was $4500, or $3500, plus scrap value (since the dealer had to scrap it and they get money from that).

It pisses me off regardless of the car that they must be destroyed and not reused (i.e. going to a junk yard). That would have been by far the most environmentally friendly way to do this since that would help others to keep their old cars on the road. It's a waste to destroy all of that, even if it's to recycle it, instead of reuse it in it's current state. And no matter how you slice it and what kinds of gas mileage you are talking about, keeping an old car on the road is much more environmentally friendly than making a new car. But this was never really about the environment despite the MPG basis for this whole sham.

Overall this bill definitely had a negative impact on our environment and a questionable impact on our economy.

Edited by Trouble Maker

"NOTE: We find it hard to believe that many vehicles in the list below were actually destroyed through the Cash for Clunkers program, and while they may be officially on the list, their inclusion is more likely explained by an error in the submission process, typos or dealerships that managed to game the system."

I think this explains the list of cars we find hard to believe.

Who is to say most of those nice cars weren't wrecked? Like full on totaled.

Wasn't the rule that it had to be under the same owner and registered for the past 12 months, plus gas mileage rules?

It also had to be insured for the last 12 months and i believe drivable.