Sunday 9/27 motorcycle excursion

Doc1647545523

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got off the phone with Doc, he's at his garage so you'll have to call him for an update. I just got back from Lancaster and it was Raining all the way and still in Reynoldsburg as well as Delaware were Doc is. He says that I looks like it might start clearing up shortly and would still like to ride but to put it on hold to see if it clears. I'll post updates as I get them but if you have any questions you can contact him.

im going

are you still going at the posted time?

I just got off the phone with Doc, he's at his garage so you'll have to call him for an update. I just got back from Lancaster and it was Raining all the way and still in Reynoldsburg as well as Delaware were Doc is. He says that I looks like it might start clearing up shortly and would still like to ride but to put it on hold to see if it clears. I'll post updates as I get them but if you have any questions you can contact him.

yea radar shows fully clear at 10 out here so itll be clear by 930-945 out west by the zoo so it shoudl be ok... worse case wwe get over there an we have to go sit under a gas station for 20 minuites will the rest clears

im going to vote still meet up at 1030 an if its stil nto clear then we relax for a few untill it clears whos with me? haha

Was a reallllly good time had 7. Bikes out today no issues. Only issue is one guy 5 minuits into the ride needed to stop for gas..... haha

Was a really fast paced group but played it safe

Doc thanks again for puttinjg this on an giving us the tour of the castle!!

Was a reallllly good time had 7. Bikes out today no issues. Only issue is one guy 5 minuits into the ride needed to stop for gas..... haha

Was a really fast paced group but played it safe

Doc thanks again for puttinjg this on an giving us the tour of the castle!!

Yes, it was a lot of fun. I've explored these roads over the years, but it's always enjoyable for me to share these secrets with other bikers ..... especially people who ride as well you all did. That Andy's deadly fast--and only on an old KZ500! :eek: I'm not sure I've ever in person seen a group of riders all go around a 35 mph curve at triple digits (the way you guys did in Mexico). Those roads are superb because on most of the curves you have a commanding view of any obstacles or approaching traffic. At lunch, Mike said, "I knew if I got separated from the group, I'd never find my way home.... there's nothing for miles." You noticed that there wasn't a single cop the whole day.

BTW, there were 8 of us Paul. Thankfully, you weren't the one making sure no one got left behind! :D

I have to admit, it was a shock when, 10 minutes into the ride, Josh pulls up to me and tries to tell me that a rider already needed gas. For gawdsakes, you guys all met up at a gas station! To make it more comical, I had hearing protection inside my helmet, and when Josh was yelling, "The guy on the gixxer needs gas," all I could make out was "The guy on the gixxer is deaf." Seemed like a funny thing to stop a tour in the middle of the road for. :confused:

Next tour, I'll show you some other fun routes in a different part of central Ohio, yet seemingly far, far away from here. ;)

Doc thanks again for a BLAST of a ride. The roads turned out dry and perfect. The castle was deffientaly a nice place to stop and explore. No accidents, no cops, and no problems in itself equals a great ride. Then you have great roads perfect weather and an excellent tour guide for a bonus. lol

Doc your a greet host and very giving! I owe you. We will have to plan a ride around my part of town and I owe you dinner/lunch

and lol at mike needing gas (im suprised i ran out as well!) 999gas tank>600rr tank

and pauls math skills

Sounds like a blast. Kind of glad I didn't go, I doubt I'd be able to keep up with you all.

I'd like to head out next time for a ride though. I'll have to check the meetings spot more often.

Anyone have an idea of next time you may go out riding?

You would have been fine, Ryan. This wasn't some advanced cornering course, just a jaunt over some bucolic, seldom-traveled roads. Everyone rides his own ride--in other words, you don't ride faster than you are comfortable doing. If people spread out, then the leaders stopped every so often to ensure that we all had stayed on course. I led at the beginning while the roads were wet and also led through the more confusing areas, but most of the time I took up the rear of the pack because I'm the slowest and also to make sure no one strayed off. A new rider, or a very cautious rider, or the average cruiser rider could not have kept up with this group today, but would have been riding with me at the back and would still have had a blast. :)

I never set up an informal ride with much advance notice. That's because I don't enjoy riding in crummy weather, and it's hard to accurately forecast weather more than a day or two in advance. It's also quite a challenge to find an acceptable time/duration/destination for people. The best I can do is to post here when I'm planning on doing a ride that I think others might enjoy, then see if someone takes me up on the invitation. I will try to remember to PM you if I set-up another ride soon. I can almost guarantee that I will be taking people up to Holmes County (Amish country) when the leaves begin to turn. It needs to be about a 6-7 hour ride. I will also go down into Hocking Hills at least once this fall, although it may be with cars instead of bikes.

A good group who do rides is Ohio Riders http://www.ohio-riders.net/. A number of CR members are with them, and CASPER, an adminstrator on CR is the leader of Ohio Riders. Sometimes they mix some camping in with the bike events. Very friendly people.

Keep the shiny side up :thumbup: