My new Wrist Whip

Diamonds

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my daily, it's on the small side and since I no longer wear dress shirts in the office it's definitly time for something much bigger.

http://us.tagheuer.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=tag%20heuer&gclid=CPG3_tec9KUCFcqC5QodeUaQpg#/thecollections-menswatches-watches-link-products-linkchronograph42mm-productsheet-cj1110-ba0576

Someone needs to sack up and buy a marathon. I hear a lot of people saying "im ready to step up to something in the 300-500 dollar area. Marathon is fucking awesome!

here are some other one-liners for you all:

Breitling polishes 90% of their watches. This is good because you can "recondition" the entire watch for undr 100 bucks. Also, breitling makes the best watch band money can buy. You know my infatuation with breitling. Nothing more needs to be said.

Rolex (no offense Rotard) sucks. And i say that because everyone assumes that rolex is the end all be all of watches. In fact, rolex makes good quality stuff... but, the notariety of the product has murdered itself in the process. stale (but consistent) styling and hype have killed this watch brand. Then again, rolex people probably think Im crazy.. I just dont "see it" in their watches. I respect Rolex, but wouldnt be caught dead in one. I would not take a Rolex for free if they told me I had to wear it and couldn't sell it. Maybe this feelign will change when Rolex makes a cool watch. What I am saying is... PEOPLE ONLY BUY ROLEX BECAUSE OF THE NAME (and that they can tel lwomen they have a rolex), THE AESTHETICS/SIZES ARE HIDEOUS.

Panerai, dont get me started. Why do people get so hot/bothered over these watches? Again, plain, boring (but better than Rolex). Get some creativity and Buy a Graham.

Welder & UBOAT (in no way are they affiliated, but the styling is similar). What else can I say? I'm a sucker for industrial well done big watches. I would bet thatthey go up in price over the next 3 years. These brands are fresh (maybe a little too busy for some) and have stylign characteristics that just blo me away. When i think of Welder or UBOAT all i can think of it "I WANT ONE OF EACH".

Omega, You are a great watch, I respect you, i like about 25% of the watches you put out. Your history in horology is amazing and you will always be a solid player in the watch world.

Tag Heuer - Crucify me, I cant stand Tag for the most part. They make like 2 watches that I like. Every little poser wannabe saves up 600 bucks and buys a tag formula just to say they have a "tag heuer" (and pronounces it wrong). This is another caes of the "rolexes" (buying a watch for its name). Differently, people ask me what Breitling is and I just tell them "its just another watch brand dude"... I didnt buy my breitlings to shove them in anyones face... people that buy Rolex and Tag (for the most part) are attemtping to shove their watch in your face

Sinn, what more could be said about Sinn other than the fact that their shit is fresh (but conservatively fresh) AS FUCK.

Ball, What more could be said about Ball. Amazing styling, decently affordable, no qualms.

Bathys, fresh as shit, learn some shit about Bathys. Go get you some. MOP dial with big arabic numerics is AMAZING!!!

Gshocks, give me a fuckign break, what a fucking joke of a watch.

Movado, nope, go home. People think Movado is cool, they are 100% incorrect. What a lame dumb fucking watch.

Tissot, Good styling. Very affodable, but think Of what you could have for a couple hundred more (if you buy used)

Nav B/Defaubre/ticino/anything that is a 47mm pilot watch (there are 100 people that make this watch. ---> Love em all. 47mm, great styling, ususally prices very fair. Go get you one boy.

Patek, mouth is shut, I got nothing on them (im not worthy). seriously. Not that I'd wear any of their watches (too small for the most part, and the big ones are too expensive).

IWC, Who can throw bones at IWC? That company keeeps it real as FUCK! Yuo cant fuck with IWC, please dont try and fuck with IWC, IWC might come and whoop your mother fucking ass.FUCK!

Maurice Lacroix, yep, love the majority of their watches.

JLC, ditto ^^

Watches that cost over 15k but look retarded (audemeires piaguet, i dont care how the fuck its spelled, i spend ZERO time caring about this company.... Hublot, you suck too, who would buy one of you? give me a break. There are a lot of watches out there that suck, and are expensive, dont get caught with one.

That's it, im out.

(Drops the mic, and walks off stage)

Breitling polishes 90% of their watches. This is good because you can "recondition" the entire watch for undr 100 bucks. Also, breitling makes the best watch band money can buy. You know my infatuation with breitling. Nothing more needs to be said.

Agreed. This is why I own one.

What I am saying is... PEOPLE ONLY BUY ROLEX BECAUSE OF THE NAME

There is irony in this statement.

Thank you for sharing your opinions.

s15driftking What I am saying is... PEOPLE ONLY BUY ROLEX BECAUSE OF THE NAME

Having been in sales for most all of my careers, I say this about just about every major brand. Hardly anyone I know with a decent sales career would buy any of them. Usually they are gifts, awards or earned through merit. Same with willy things like Mount Blanc pens. I have a few very nice pieces but I would never buy one with my money. Easy shit to negotiate for with my boss at just about anytime during the year. I was 24 when I took home the first Rolex from my job. My Breitling and Ebel were the same way. Now I don't wear any of them except on special occasions.

what do you mean that you "didnt care about the auto gimick"? (not being a dick, just wondering what you mean)

I think auto watches are "smart" in terms of choices.

lol, bob...i knew as soon as i typed that i should of gone into more detail. first off, i don't have a problem with automatic watches, at all. i guess what i meant was the auto i purchased was a special occasion watch, and i wanted/needed a new daily. i didnt want to worry about it not keeping time if i didnt wear it for a month or two. i also had no interest in buying a new winder. there is nothing wrong with mechanical movement, all of the self winders i have are great. on the other side of the coin in today's day and age most mid-high quartz pieces work pretty well too. i think that people hear automatic, and instantly think better. i guess unlike most, i dont favor one over the other. to me it is all about usage, if i think it looks good, then movement. there are tons of auto and battery "fashionable, hot right now" watches that i wouldnt ever wear. to me the most important thing about a time piece is how you, the owner feels overall about it.

tom

lol, bob...i knew as soon as i typed that i should of gone into more detail. first off, i don't have a problem with automatic watches, at all. i guess what i meant was the auto i purchased was a special occasion watch, and i wanted/needed a new daily. i didnt want to worry about it not keeping time if i didnt wear it for a month or two. i also had no interest in buying a new winder. there is nothing wrong with mechanical movement, all of the self winders i have are great. on the other side of the coin in today's day and age most mid-high quartz pieces work pretty well too. i think that people hear automatic, and instantly think better. i guess unlike most, i dont favor one over the other. to me it is all about usage, if i think it looks good, then movement. there are tons of auto and battery "fashionable, hot right now" watches that i wouldnt ever wear. to me the most important thing about a time piece is how you, the owner feels overall about it.

tom

I understand your viewpoint to a fucking T!!! to a fucking T!!!

are there any good skeleton watches that anyone can recommend for up to 600 bones?

I think Sturhling Original makes an affordable one. Hell you can get a no name skeleton on ebay for like 22 bucks.... but buyer beware.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?LH_Price=0.01..600%40c&_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A4611&rt=nc&_nkw=skeleton+watch&_dmpt=Wristwatches&_mPrRngCbx=1&_sticky=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_sop=16&_sc=1

heres an ebay search priced 1-600 bucks, also, check out overstock.com... they always have skeletons

I think Sturhling Original makes an affordable one. Hell you can get a no name skeleton on ebay for like 22 bucks.... but buyer beware.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?LH_Price=0.01..600%40c&_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A4611&rt=nc&_nkw=skeleton+watch&_dmpt=Wristwatches&_mPrRngCbx=1&_sticky=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_sop=16&_sc=1

heres an ebay search priced 1-600 bucks, also, check out overstock.com... they always have skeletons

watch chronoshark.com daily for a deal on a Sturhling skeleton if you go that route. they seem to run 79-129 depending on what it is.

tom

imo sturhling watches are poorly made, cheap watches.

i would much rather go with something like this for a skeleton ..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002WJIQBM/ref=s9_simh_gw_p241_d0_i5?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1FZG08QDQB6ER0FGQ5GW&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

Sturhling are actually not cheaply made. They feel very solid and are good for the price you pay. The reason why I do not like sturhling is because they do the "invicta msrp smoke and mirrors". They tell you its a 1200.00 dollar watch and tell you you are gettign 90% off so you are only payign 120.00.

Have you owned a Stuhrling?

i did, it was a skeleton watch too... years ago. the min hand fell off about 6 months having it. then i have recently read online how they have quality issues, several bad reviews on some of the current models...

specifically the case not being sealed and people getting a fog, NO reserve for the automatics and REALLLLY bad time keeping. lots of different problems i have seen actually.

maybe they have some good models, but a lot of the 100 - 200 ones i have been reading about have been reviewed bad.

I disagree, for 100-200 range they are as good as anything else. Where do you put invicta on the grand scheme of things? As for minute hands falling off. that is typical on a watc hthat has been dropped and landed on its case. I have never heard anyhting bad about the autos nto keeping time.

Assume there are 10's of thousands in existence. How many have you heard of keeping bad time? Its like the ebay turbos that blow up and explode. 20,000 have been sold and used, but you heard about 10 bad ones.

My daily beater is an Invicta Grand Diver 3044 with a Miyota automatic movement. I have had it for 2 years now and it has surpassed my every expectation. I beat the hell out of watches at work and this watch only shows minor wear and has kept time flawlessly. The stainless steel it is made from is very high quality, and the crystal hasn't yet scratched. I would say it's the best watch I've ever seen for under $200.

http://lh4.googleusercontent.com/public/DChLgNED7vM2C0aq-5f2dGO2zMK40d5fc-u-zC-w_BglrqDXbao0zqI7aP9qA3uyiGgaoQesBnujNlKU9ssPmFTEMgfo5dZckY9rfvI3VZP4JCPIDeKufDUUnJEwZIsBx77f2QdPv1hSkYnDRjm5sMsG4NjGt9Im7FSHx35cmg

It's 47mm and they have it in quartz and automatic, in many colors, and also in chronograph.