My new Wrist Whip

Diamonds

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i could use something mechanical that is used to save some money! if you are selling!

You might look at Poljot. They are a Russian maker that purchased the Swiss caliber 3133 movement dies and tools to make them. I have had a Poljot Blue Angels for 7 years and have had no problems with it. Check eBay for these searching "Poljot 3133".

http://www.fliegeruhren.ch/images/blueangels_black_3.jpg

I have talked with a couple people looking to be under 2k for a used watch. For under 2k I have a hard on for the Oris Carlos Coste Limited Edition. Watch is straight badass! 47mm, 7750 movement, and amazing aesthetics.

check it.

http://www.besportier.com/archives/oris-carlos-coste-chronograph-l.-e.-divers-watch.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3622/3558287737_d7372867d0_o.jpg

I have talked with a couple people looking to be under 2k for a used watch. For under 2k I have a hard on for the Oris Carlos Coste Limited Edition. Watch is straight badass! 47mm, 7750 movement, and amazing aesthetics.

check it.

I have seen this and several other Oris models up close several times. The V.P. of Southern Beverage collects them. While they are beautiful, they are far to large for my personal needs. I wear a suit and tie to work every day and need a watch toslip underneath my shirt cuff.

Just a little info to be aware of when spending a wad on a watch. make sure you think about when and where you will be wearing it. Functionality and Art sometimes do not mix well in life.

i could see myself in a Omega - i really like the look, and I know they are quality.

Also on my short list is...

Bell & Ross

Tag Heuer

it's going to be a little while before I make the leap to something like that though.

for now, i will be satisfied with the cl888 i just ordered! cant wait to wear it!

both of you have been helpful! i have been reading nonstop about movements, and watches, etc etc for DAYS now!!

i could see myself in a Omega - i really like the look, and I know they are quality.

i will be satisfied with the cl888 i just ordered! cant wait to wear it!

Omega has been high on my list, as well as Hamilton. But, I'm very close to pulling the trigger on something I said previously (on this forum) that I wouldn't do. I just can't seem to pass up a an unbelievable deal.

What is the CL888 in? Do tell?

as well as Hamilton.

+1 on the Hamilton. I think Hamilton and Oris and maybe Sinn (it's a bit more expensive though) are the best ways to spend your money if you want a quality product without the huge cost. Despite being afraid of the plating the Hamilton x-wind in rose gold with the carbon face has been the twinkle of my eye lately.

Bob..you're too harsh on the Tag's. Most of their non-quarts stuff is solid you just pay extra for the same ETA movement that you'd get in a Hamilton or Oris because of the Tag name. They do a pretty good jog with keeping designs fresh and modern to the market.

Omega has been high on my list, as well as Hamilton. But, I'm very close to pulling the trigger on something I said previously (on this forum) that I wouldn't do. I just can't seem to pass up a an unbelievable deal.

What is the CL888 in? Do tell?

cl888 is the movement - Claro Semag Movement CL888 , 18 jewels 21600 bph

I read lots of good things about the movement, specifically the version in this watch. and i got a pretty killer deal! the cl888 is in lots of different watches though.

It's nothing fantastic or anything. the watch I got is a swiss legend endeavor. it's my first mechanical - automatic. :)

http://www.belisi.com/productimages/V2_SL-60002-02_shot1_525.jpg

Bob..you're too harsh on the Tag's. Most of their non-quarts stuff is solid you just pay extra for the same ETA movement that you'd get in a Hamilton or Oris because of the Tag name. They do a pretty good jog with keeping designs fresh and modern to the market.

Bob just loves to hate on every watch I love...even though the movement in his Breitling is the same as in my Tag. ;)

Huge Omega Fan! I like few Hammies too. I also really respect Hamilton for their value.

Bob..you're too harsh on the Tag's. Most of their non-quarts stuff is solid you just pay extra for the same ETA movement that you'd get in a Hamilton or Oris because of the Tag name.

I know I am, I like some Tags out there. In fact, there are a few that I am in love with (from a styling standpoint) I just feel Tags are overpriced for the most part.

They do a pretty good jog with keeping designs fresh and modern to the market.

I disagree. Anymore, all Tags look like citizens and Guess watches.... nothing truly unique (for under 6k)... maybe the grand carrera. TAG is STRICTLY marketing anymore in my opinion.

Bob just loves to hate on every watch I love...even though the movement in his Breitling is the same as in my Tag. ;)

Its base 7750 iirc.

BTW< this is to all ppl on here. Watches are not all about movement. To me, as long as it has decent movement im good. The most important parts (to me) about watches are aesthetics/style, presence, and the way it makes me feel when i try it on.

The feeling of multi-piece links on a bracelet thats not too heavy but not too light, the feeling of an arched caseback on the top of your wrist. The tilt of feeling a tall heavy case as it sways back and forth on your wrist. Thats what makes me know its the right watch.

Here are a couple websites I find real decent watch deals on...

chronoshark.com

worldofwatchs.com

Chrono shark is stricly 1 real good deal on a watch, per day.

world of watches has tons of stuff, and they also do a daily watch deal.

just thought i would share would little bit i know on getting decent deals on watches.

I have bought 3 different watches in the last month or so!

this is my invicta daily... it doesn't matter if it get scratched up or whatever, i travel with it. but it's pretty solid, and looks ok. i am not big on the red stitch on the band but, otherwise i like it. i got a good deal on it too.

sometimes it takes awhile for the leather to break in before it's real comfy. this one has got more and more comfy. i read somewhere it's good to shower with them on a couple times, it helps break in the leather.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs691.snc4/63171_1560025118932_1184415665_31271058_8269184_n.jpg

happy birthday to me, new watch winder/case!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/s15driftking/Picture108-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/s15driftking/Picture111-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/s15driftking/Picture110-2.jpg

Holds 21 watches, time to fill it up!