Weekend Getaway for the fall??

sciongirl

Anyone know a place within 6-8 hours of drive time away that would be a nice getaway? i'm thinking some place to see all the nice fall colours and stuff. i'm looking for cheap cheap cheap too, so probably the smaller the town the better.

anyone know of anything?

Look up 'Brown County' here in Indiana. Surprisingly hilly area in Indiana! its dense woods and absolutely beautiful in the fall. A lot of nice little bed and breakfasts. Its next to bloomington. There is a town called 'Nashville' which is nice if you are into pottery and antiquing...just not my style.

but the scenery is beautiful. Also have lake Monroe in brown county...largest lake in Indiana.

Beckly West Virginia. You can see the new river gourge and all the nice fall colors.

Or my personal favorite is black water falls west virginia. Its 6 hours and awesome. Also good for any of the skiers out there.

Photo of the falls. Hard to judge from the picture, but they are pretty big and should be good now that its actually rained.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/EWhytsell/Picture119.jpg

Another vote for Hocking Hills... there are a ton of little cottages over there that folks rent for a few days at a time, little one-bedroom jobbies for you and the wife, to 3-4 bedrooms should the kids be around as well. A lot of them come with hot tubs, too.

Trip down to Kentucky and ran the Bourbon trail. My favorite was Makers Mark and it included Free drinks @ the end. We spent a long weekd (Three day) Plenty of really nice hotels around there for under a hundred a night.

Also still like hitting Hocking Hills (But more of a day drip for me and not a full weekend trip)

gl!

Trip down to Kentucky and ran the Bourbon trail. My favorite was Makers Mark and it included Free drinks @ the end. We spent a long weekd (Three day) Plenty of really nice hotels around there for under a hundred a night.

Also still like hitting Hocking Hills (But more of a day drip for me and not a full weekend trip)

gl!

this

and daniel boone natl forrest in KY