Another Cash 4 Clunkers Thread...

Ziggy1647545504

So I was on my way to pick my kids up from school yesterday, and I looked over at the suv in the next lane and notice there is writing on the driver's window. Naturally, I paused to read what was written there, and was somewhat alarmed to see "CFC - Not for Sale" written there. I was under the impression that when a dealership took a car under the C4C program, they were supposed to render the engines inoperable immediately.

Pic for proof:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa79/Ron_ofthe_cars/CFCCar2.jpg

So my question is this: If you were going to cheat the gov't on that program, wouldn't you at least make sure the writing was removed from the window before driving off in the vehicle?

It wont be to long before we start hearing stories of how junkyards were selling titles and vins to dealerships to swap out for vehicles that were really being traded in for CFC. Then the dealerships just used those numbers on the paperwork and sold the used cars to small stealerships.

One dealership took a low mile '04 Nissan Milano in for the CFC and turned and put it on the lot for sale. The people showed back up to complain when they saw the car on the lot. The dealership claimed that they gave them 4500 on trade in since the car was worth way more on trade in. So the dealership was making bank on it since they gave them next to nothing for it.

It wont be to long before we start hearing stories of how junkyards were selling titles and vins to dealerships to swap out for vehicles that were really being traded in for CFC. Then the dealerships just used those numbers on the paperwork and sold the used cars to small stealerships.

I've thought of this among other things. Is anyone really suprised that there's possibly some underhanded shit going on with this whole C4C?

Well, I hate to blow up the thread, but CFC also stands for Combined Federal Campaign which is the charity drive that the Federal Civilian Workforce participates in. It also runs the month of October.

Most likely it is a Cash For Clunkers, but I know here in Columbus they usually get 1 or 2 cars at DSCC during the CFC

Before the government reimburses the dealership A LOT of paperwork needs sent in. Two of the items are proof that the vehicle was registered to the customer for 365 consecutive days and that it was insured for 365 consecutive days. They made sure that noone would be able to do that.

One dealership took a low mile '04 Nissan Milano in for the CFC and turned and put it on the lot for sale. The people showed back up to complain when they saw the car on the lot. The dealership claimed that they gave them 4500 on trade in since the car was worth way more on trade in. So the dealership was making bank on it since they gave them next to nothing for it.

The dealership surely didn't claim the Murano (i assume you meant) as a clunker. If someone was stupid enough to part with their 04 Murano for $4500 they deserve getting ripped off

Also the cars have to go to *approved junk yards that will be inspected at some point to make sure the cars are there. So the dealerships couldnt pretend to blow up a car and be in cahutes with a local junk yard

even if it was Cash for Clunkers, did none of you see that approximately 60,000 clunkers have been rejected for the program, and now the dealers are stuck with them? of course they're gonna sell them off.

Thank you, everyone sets out to find a problem with the program before knowing the details.

Before the government reimburses the dealership A LOT of paperwork needs sent in. Two of the items are proof that the vehicle was registered to the customer for 365 consecutive days and that it was insured for 365 consecutive days. They made sure that noone would be able to do that.

The dealership surely didn't claim the Murano (i assume you meant) as a clunker. If someone was stupid enough to part with their 04 Murano for $4500 they deserve getting ripped off

Also the cars have to go to *approved junk yards that will be inspected at some point to make sure the cars are there. So the dealerships couldnt pretend to blow up a car and be in cahutes with a local junk yard

You saw the list I am assuming from the .gov website on what the inventory was. Look at it from the perspective of people that buy/lease a new car every time their current car hits 60K. They look at it as 4500 towards a new car off sticker. People are not smart when it comes to cars. Most people don't give a shit about their cars like we do.

even if it was Cash for Clunkers, did none of you see that approximately 60,000 clunkers have been rejected for the program, and now the dealers are stuck with them? of course they're gonna sell them off.

you got proof? Im interested in another fail for obama.

you got proof? Im interested in another fail for obama.

its not quite an Obamafail yet, a lot of these rejections are due to discrepancies on the dealer's side. Incorrectly filled out forms, VIN discrepancies, etc.

This isn't a definitive report since its an ongoing issue, but here's one source I found: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2198851/60000_clunkers_rejected_for_payout.html

The first fact to latch on to, is that indeed about 60,000 cash for clunkers applications have been rejected so far, but an additional fact must be added to the equation, in that NHTSA officials are working with the dealers to still get them approved. I think that it's time to take a step back from the sensationalism that is being given to this news, and actually look at why those applications are being rejected in the first place.

I have a good friend that runs a bhph car lot . He saved a 98 TA that was a cfc . My friends buddy that works at a dealership was taking in this TA some chic was trading in . He gave them $3500 for the it . Ended up selling on ebay for over $7k .