Just got back from the ER....

justinwebb

So, does anyone else believe that 50%+ of people who claim they had it or currently have it just had the good ol' fashioned flu and somehow want to be part of the cool club?

Usually they will test for either A or B at the ER or walk in. It takes a week or two to know if you have "H1N1" Most people prolly are positive for A and think they have H1N1.

So, does anyone else believe that 50%+ of people who claim they had it or currently have it just had the good ol' fashioned flu and somehow want to be part of the cool club?

Werd. I really don't think it's that common. Not to mention, the whole thing is getting blown out of proportion.

my culture was sent out for verification but the doc said he had seen quite a few cases of the h1n1 and says its like a hardcore flu. he said that pretty much 20-25 percent of ohio right now has the flu quite a few people will have the h1n1 strain. I also had to have xrays done on my lungs as he said they didnt sound like they should and to go back immediately if i have any shortness of breath or pain in my neck

The doctor in Georgia that diagnosed me had seen dozens of cases and saw something that caused him to literally back away from me, tell me I had it, and left the room. I didn't see him again.

Then the nurse came back in wearing a mask, handed me one with my discharge instructions, and told me to leave.

My wife got it (not yet confirmed) from her work place and promptly passed it along to me. I have a fever that is (obviously) keeping me awake despite the codine. All in all, it isn't that terrible... For me. The wife was so much worse and also received the lepper treatment at the doctors office.

I was put on tamaflu at the very first sign of symptoms. The doctor prescribed it over the phone. Since it likely significantly mitigated my presentation, I'd recommend those who are insured to try to get it phoned in too.

I got the H2N2 mother fucker! I'm really cool to have the new strain!!!