Cleaning the guns today

TTQ B4U

Life in NW Cbus/Dublin has been quiet for quite a few years. However, in our neighborhood, we've had two break-in's in the past decade. Both were elderly folks that thankfully were not home at the time.

I found out about 1hr ago that last night was the third. Our nieghbor, a retired military Physician with several vacation homes was broken into via the back patio windows. Ironically, he was due home from a two-week trip last night but delayed the drive until today. He drove in about noon and found his house ran-sacked.

Nothing of major value appears to have been taken he said. Odd really, but they were ovously looking for small items as one would think they'd take laptop computers or phones or something. He even had a full sheet of un-cut $100 bills they didn't take. Likely had no clue they were real and from a recent trip he took and was in process of framing. Police are there now taking a report.

Sadly, he has an alarm system but does not have any signage or window stickers and did not have it armed. :rolleyes:

We arm ours every night and the two dogs, including our 11 mo old who is now 60lbs, and has a very deep loud bark have run of the home.

Let's just say, I'm more than ready, as is the wife, should someone or multiple someones enter our home. Cleaning up the weapons and likely going to hit the range with all of them this week to "freshen" up the skills. I'm thinking of relocating the storage of my M500 shotgun closer to the bed too. In process of that right now as I paint the bedroom and relocate it's mounting brackets.

Lock-n-Load folks...even the nice areas are vulnerable. :mad:

Edited by TTQ B4U

Just bought myself a new Remington 870 today. I hope that no one has the balls to break in my house. :bangbang:

Another great way to stay positive. I love destroying paper.

Not for me...one more un-necessary stress I need to have on my mind. Perhaps it's a good thing I didn't hear anything. I'm actually pretty pissed as I'm usually all-over hearing things and strange cars, etc.

Perhaps God knows I don't need a murder charge on my head right now.

Not for me...one more un-necessary stress I need to have on my mind. Perhaps it's a good thing I didn't hear anything. I'm actually pretty pissed as I'm usually all-over hearing things and strange cars, etc.

I meant going to the gun range, hence the destroying paper. It relieves a lot of stress to unload a few rounds down range for me.

Why pay for an alarm if you don't use it?

I just talked with him and he's mad at himself too. Complacency is what it is. He's so used to me and the others being around getting papers, parking there, etc.. that he just plain lost track of looking out for himself.

That will change now. I even suggested a siren and strobe light outside. Our system has several very loud sirens and two strobe outside that are completely invisible until the system activates. They are really nice and bright to help the police and medical locate the house. The company also notifies the authorities of them so when they are in route, they know to spot them. I think he's going to do that too.

castle doctrine homey.

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/5758/