Title Problems.... What should I do?

Guest JCroz91

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You do realize that even though you have a title to a bike that you paid SOMEBODY for, if you put it into your name and it turns out to be stolen or anything, YOU can be charged for receiving stolen property, right? That is the same thing as being charged with theft.

You may want to find out a bit more about the bike/previous owner etc before you potentially fuck yourself even more than you may be.

Guest JCroz91
You do realize that even though you have a title to a bike that you paid SOMEBODY for, if you put it into your name and it turns out to be stolen or anything, YOU can be charged for receiving stolen property, right?

You may want to find out a bit more about the bike/previous owner etc before you potentially fuck yourself even more than you may be.

my cousins good friends with the chief of police in dware. hes going to ask him. i gave him the vin

Guest JCroz91
Call the police, dummy.

the police just said i need to contact the dude and go get a normal title. what help they are. ass bags, i hate them.

i think the cops could take my bike?

Edited by JCroz91

Guest Removed
what do you plan on doing?

he owns a shop, he has a few more options than a regular person.

what he /\ said.

i gotta pay $2 for the last owner vin search. send out 2 registered letters, once they come back the bmv hands me a title. unless the owner mails me the title... but i have to have a invoice on the car, signed. and a repair bill , and storage fees. thats another reason why its $25 a day storage on your car after the 3rd day of completion.(pricing varies from shop to shop) but that is what ohio grants shops, and tow companys.

last time i did it was a few years ago. the process may have changed since then ..not sure.

but im glad on this car, i dont have to do it. the guy i got the car from is handling it for me, cause the guy the dicked him around on it is dropping the ball.

Guest JCroz91
what he /\ said.

i gotta pay $2 for the last owner vin search. send out 2 registered letters, once they come back the bmv hands me a title. unless the owner mails me the title... but i have to have a invoice on the car, signed. and a repair bill , and storage fees. thats another reason why its $25 a day storage on your car after the 3rd day of completion.(pricing varies from shop to shop) but that is what ohio grants shops, and tow companys.

last time i did it was a few years ago. the process may have changed since then ..not sure.

but im glad on this car, i dont have to do it. the guy i got the car from is handling it for me, cause the guy the dicked him around on it is dropping the ball.

ohh so some dude just left his car at your shop after he had u work on it?

so you dont even have the title? see i have the title. signed over and notorized. it was signed in july. ima have to talk to the sherrifs and try to contact this tim dude and see whats going on.

Guest Removed
ohh so some dude just left his car at your shop after he had u work on it?

so you dont even have the title? see i have the title. signed over and notorized. it was signed in july. ima have to talk to the sherrifs and try to contact this tim dude and see whats going on.

i got a car with a title issue...the guy i got thew car from is handling it, cause he has a car lot.;)

Guest JCroz91
i got a car with a title issue...the guy i got thew car from is handling it, cause he has a car lot.;)

ohh... im lost. lol but good luck to you. i think i just got raped out of $4500

Guest Removed
ohh... im lost. lol but good luck to you. i think i just got raped out of $4500

you just have to find the orignal owner, have him file for a lost title, and just have him transfer it to you..

thats assuming the title and bike wasnt stolen form him, otherwise he can come after you for the bike. good luck to you

Guest JCroz91
you just have to find the orignal owner, have him file for a lost title, and just have him transfer it to you..

thats assuming the title and bike wasnt stolen form him, otherwise he can come after you for the bike. good luck to you

yeah which would suck dick. but the tim guy signed the title. and the title is for this vin. maybe the police and contact tim. and if tim doesnt respond. maybe they can get it worked out for me.

if not and you want to avoid the law just make it a track bike only, never register/insure it and just ride it on the track. not saying that's the cool thing to do if it is actually stolen, but the only way you'd not lose the cash and possibly get charged for it.

Guest JCroz91

well i sent 5 k for the bike. i kinda wanna b able to ride it where ever. but yeah some guys on OR said to make it a track bike.

im going to try a couple title agencies tomorrow. then if not ill go to the police i guess.

Guest Removed
yeah which would suck dick. but the tim guy signed the title. and the title is for this vin. maybe the police and contact tim. and if tim doesnt respond. maybe they can get it worked out for me.

but how sure are you TIM him self signed it...you know how easy it is the grab a title laying around and sign it, go get 30 days tags, and then just flip the title?

well i sent 5 k for the bike. i kinda wanna b able to ride it where ever. but yeah some guys on OR said to make it a track bike.

im going to try a couple title agencies tomorrow. then if not ill go to the police i guess.

thought you said you paid 3k?

buddy that owns a garage got stiffed while back on repair and filed for a title after car sat for 6 months at garage, tokk him another 3 months to get title after filing paper work... hopefully it goes smother for you Gearhead, that would suck to waite ..

buddy that owns a garage got stiffed while back on repair and filed for a title after car sat for 6 months at garage, tokk him another 3 months to get title after filing paper work... hopefully it goes smother for you Gearhead, that would suck to waite ..

it went from 3k to 4.5k to 5k...who knows how much he paid.

Hey man, solve the problem really easily, without ever worrying about whether its stolen. Go online, buy a GSXR750 frame of that same year WITH a title, switch everything over to it, bahda bing bahda boom you got a bike that has only been titled to you. Problem solved. Dont get the police involved, cause if its stolen youre fucked.

Guest Removed

when we filed for titles, the letters came back in like 30 or 45 days..then we got papers saying they was ours. we would piece them out, and scrap them (tow company)

sounds like your dude was just lazy

Guest Removed

no, read what he typed..the guy put 3 k on the back of the title.....