Title Problems.... What should I do?

Guest JCroz91

it went from 3k to 4.5k to 5k...who knows how much he paid.

Hey man, solve the problem really easily, without ever worrying about whether its stolen. Go online, buy a GSXR750 frame of that same year WITH a title, switch everything over to it, bahda bing bahda boom you got a bike that has only been titled to you. Problem solved. Dont get the police involved, cause if its stolen youre fucked.

im going to quote myself, because its what you need to do unless you want the cops to take your bike.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JCroz91
im going to quote myself, because its what you need to do unless you want the cops to take your bike.

but theres video of us going into the bank with him and we can pull up bank statements where we pulled out the $4800 cash and video of me handing it to this dude in the bank. so what would work for me too hopefully. im not sure about going to the cops yet. we are going to try to talk to a couple different title places tomorrow and see. if that doesnt work i looked this guy up in out AAA data base and a person named "ronald friend" lives at the same address at timothy friend on the title. i have that #. so ill call him. if that doesnt work ill go to the house. last resort is either frame swap or cops.

but theres video of us going into the bank with him and we can pull up bank statements where we pulled out the $4800 cash and video of me handing it to this dude in the bank. so what would work for me too hopefully. im not sure about going to the cops yet. we are going to try to talk to a couple different title places tomorrow and see. if that doesnt work i looked this guy up in out AAA data base and a person named "ronald friend" lives at the same address at timothy friend on the title. i have that #. so ill call him. if that doesnt work ill go to the house. last resort is either frame swap or cops.

im telling you, your wasting your time. If the bike comes back stolen, you are out every penny you spent. You need to stop poking the bee hive and go get a frame with a title and spend a weekend swapping it all over to the new clear frame titled to you. Then grind off the vin on the bad frame and burn the bad title.

All in all it will cost you probly $500 at the most. Apposed to $4,800 and no bike.

dude i have sold loads of stuff and bought loads of stuff that require a title. It doesnt matter if it says $2 on the title or $4000000...you have to pay the tax on the amount, im sure everyone knows this. Whose to say you didnt spend the amount on it? as long as you and the owner discuss it, it wont matter.

Guest JCroz91
dude i have sold loads of stuff and bought loads of stuff that require a title. It doesnt matter if it says $2 on the title or $4000000...you have to pay the tax on the amount, im sure everyone knows this. Whose to say you didnt spend the amount on it? as long as you and the owner discuss it, it wont matter.

oh i know i have to pay the taxes on it. and i dont mind paying taxes

Guest tbutera2112

showing bank statements that you paid 4800 for the bike, then on the title it says 3grand is called fraud.....hope you like that felony and spending a year in jail

not saying we havent all done it, but its not a good idea to go to the cops with a 4800 bank statement and a title that says 3k

if you cant get a title office to bend the rules for you, your only real option is to get a frame with a title...if not, youre gonna either a. lose the bike if its stolen, b. get arrested for tax fraud if you go to the police

4800 is a good deal on that bike anyways, another 300-500 aint gonna kill ya....sometimes ya gotta learn a lesson the hard way....shitty it happened like this, and i hope it works out for you

Guest JCroz91

got it all worked out today. title in my name. heres the story...

went to a diff title office in delaware and they said the same thing as the first so we decided to go to dayton. went to this tim guys house and talked to him. ends up that tim is "jr's" friend. tim sold JR the bike but kept it in his name so they wouldnt have to pay taxes. JR had tim sign the title and give it to him when he wanted to sell the bike. but tim put gift and JR scratched it out and put $3000. this tim guy got pissed and called this jr guy and yelled at him for not answering my texts and stuff. but tim was more than willing to go to the title office with me and get a new title. we put it as a gift so i didnt have to pay any taxes and everything got taken care of.

so now the titles in my name and i got it plates so im set to go. thank god!

thanks everyone for all the advise. i was really getting worried i was up shits creek here

showing bank statements that you paid 4800 for the bike, then on the title it says 3grand is called fraud.....hope you like that felony and spending a year in jail

not saying we havent all done it, but its not a good idea to go to the cops with a 4800 bank statement and a title that says 3k

if you cant get a title office to bend the rules for you, your only real option is to get a frame with a title...if not, youre gonna either a. lose the bike if its stolen, b. get arrested for tax fraud if you go to the police

4800 is a good deal on that bike anyways, another 300-500 aint gonna kill ya....sometimes ya gotta learn a lesson the hard way....shitty it happened like this, and i hope it works out for you

just cause he pulled out $4,800 doesnt mean thats what he paid. The least of his worries is the very small possibility of tax fraud.

Guest tbutera2112
just cause he pulled out $4,800 doesnt mean thats what he paid. The least of his worries is the very small possibility of tax fraud.

i realize that, but he was saying he would show them the bank statement and say it was for the bike, he is the one who said he would tell them he paid 4800...

personally, i wouldnt post up on here about commiting tax fraud though either...but thats just me

Guest tbutera2112
i wouldn't have put gift on the title, that's asking for problems, but glad you got it in your name

if its audited they will talk to tim and the notary and make sure both people had no issues with it, and then its good to go...all tim has to do is say that you did some work for him, or traded him some shit like a home theatre setup or something dumb....

its kinda impossible to get busted for that

if its audited they will talk to tim and the notary and make sure both people had no issues with it, and then its good to go...all tim has to do is say that you did some work for him, or traded him some shit like a home theatre setup or something dumb....

its kinda impossible to get busted for that

ok dumbass, know what you're talking about before you post.

if he says oh, i did some work for him that's fine, but there is a VALUE to that work, and that is what he "paid" for the bike and therefore it must be taxed.

Its just the same as if I traded cars with you and they were two 100% equal cars worth $10,000. Fine and dandy, no cash exchanged. But the law states you MUST pay sales tax on that $10,000. I hate the law but it is what it is.

Secondly, sure its hard to get busted for it, but not impossible. The auditor will mail a letter to both parties, not the notary because that'd be retarded, and both of the stories must not only be the same but they must make reasonable sense.

Reasonable as in no one in their right mind would "gift" a $7500 bike or whatever it is to some other person. A dad giving it to their son, sure maybe, but not Joe Schmoe to Dick Johnson, not really.

Just saying, it is POSSIBLE to get busted for this and you not only have to pay WHATEVER sales tax on the value the STATE decides (even if you paid $4800 for it and book value was $7k, they'd charge it based on the $7k) plus fees and potential misdemeanor charges.

The above is generally not worth it for a couple hundred in sales tax.

edit: sry that was rude of me but its been a rough day and i hate when people talk about things they know nothing about, its a pet peeve. carry on and ignore me.

Guest tbutera2112

Its just the same as if I traded cars with you and they were two 100% equal cars worth $10,000. Fine and dandy, no cash exchanged. But the law states you MUST pay sales tax on that $10,000. I hate the law but it is what it is.

wow, you pissed in your wheaties you fuckin retard? are you kidding me? like your post makes any more sense than mine

you paid sales tax on the car when you fucking bought it, if you trade it straight up for a different car you dont have to pay it again since its already been paid. call the fucking bmv and ask them, we just did this shit with White when my girl bought his sebring...she traded him her cougar, we went to the title office and said we were trading cars, and they swapped titles and we went on our way

secondly, with the notary..... yes the notary WILL be contacted, to verify that it wasnt a fraudulent notarization.... i had this whole process explained to me by a police officer who was up on how this stuff works

as for fees and misdemeanor charges....its a federal crime, aka not misdemeanor....next time you call someone a dumbass and jump them about bad info, make sure you have your shit straight

youre a douche bag, take a fucking chill pill

Guest tbutera2112

edit: sry that was rude of me but its been a rough day and i hate when people talk about things they know nothing about, its a pet peeve. carry on and ignore me.

nice ninja

lolfuckoff

:gtfo:

That's interesting. I have heard from two BMVs now (the one on Broad and the one in Marysville) that even if it's traded you must pay tax on the 'value' of the vehicle. I've tried that at least 3 times now, and their answer is always the same. I have also been contacted by I can't remember what state agency about fraudelent sales tax on a 72' corvette I sold- they didn't believe it was only worth $2500.

Guest tbutera2112
That's interesting. I have heard from two BMVs now (the one on Broad and the one in Marysville) that even if it's traded you must pay tax on the 'value' of the vehicle. I've tried that at least 3 times now, and their answer is always the same. I have also been contacted by I can't remember what state agency about fraudelent sales tax on a 72' corvette I sold- they didn't believe it was only worth $2500.

i just went through this with White and my girl trading cars, not more than a month ago...they didnt charge us a dime for either vehicle

ok, you were contacted...did you get charges filed against you? if not, then youre not saying anything else that i didnt say