AJ needs a job

AJ

and he's not wanting to work on cars. if it really comes down to it than ok but something else would be nice.

i do have skills in

electrical

landscaping

drywall

home remodleing

plumbing

and a few other things.

what do you got for me?

Good luck, let me know if you find something.

You might as well just cross any building trades off your list now. My brother and I are both considered journyman electricians and can't find anything remotely worth it, now if you want to move out of state that's another option. Not to mention that just having skills in any of those things doesn't mean you have much knowlege of building codes, so all you would stand a chance at is being somebody's bitch and I doubt you'd want that.

What is it about working on cars that is turning you off?

Are you good at the trades you've listed, or just have done them? Its fairly common especially in the construction trade to find guys who consider themselves a drywaller or a landscaper simply because they have hung a piece of drywall or spread mulch. I just want to know in case I mention you to some guys. Construction gigs/jobs from a business owners standpoint have to be done right in a fairly decent time frame. I hired a tile guy last week that although was great cost me more on a job due to his lack of speed, that I lost money on the job.

Try plumbing. A plumber came to my house on a Sunday for five minutes two weeks ago and charged $265.

Go into chimney sweeping. I seen a guy spend 10mins and walk out with $150 and he said he does that all day long. Anthony why would you have needed a plumber?

Hot water heater went out. I had a protection plan through Columbia Gas, but it turns out they only pay up to $350 for parts and labor which does not include replacement or overhaul of the heater. He charged Columbia Gas $265 to do a five-minute inspection and told me it needed replaced, which he could do for $1400. My dad and I did it for a total of $500.

Hot water heater went out. I had a protection plan through Columbia Gas, but it turns out they only pay up to $350 for parts and labor which does not include replacement or overhaul of the heater. He charged Columbia Gas $265 to do a five-minute inspection and told me it needed replaced, which he could do for $1400. My dad and I did it for a total of $500.

You ever need anything you know just call.

$1,400 :eek::eek: For a hot water heater :confused: I did mine before we finished our basement and laundry room. No way I'd pay that amount. He must do well.

$1,400 :eek::eek: For a hot water heater :confused: I did mine before we finished our basement and laundry room. No way I'd pay that amount. He must do well.

Couldnt you do a tankless cheaper than that plus the tax rebate this year is a few hundred I think. Oh and I passed your name onto a few guys AJ. Noone has any work right now but maybe spring.

Couldnt you do a tankless cheaper than that plus the tax rebate this year is a few hundred I think. Oh and I passed your name onto a few guys AJ. Noone has any work right now but maybe spring.

ive been thinking of going to an electric tankless hot water heater...a little more to run electric over gas, but electrics ive seen are up to 98% efficient, and i dont have to worry about the uber expensive double walled venting and placing the unit on an exterior wall 8 feet from window and a bunch of other gay restrictions like that.

• 3 weeks later...
might as well keep turning wrenchs! your not going to just find a job making 50k or more a year, doing any of those things listed. but gl on your quest.

un tru. I'm an electrician and made over 50k last year.

I know lots of people say unions are shit but i've been non-union and union in the electrical field and made better money union and work all year round in the union.

AJ, if your interested in being an electrician you can apply at the union all and can go to school and get paid decent while goin. just a heads up...

I know lots of people say unions are shit but i've been non-union and union in the electrical field and made better money union and work all year round in the union.

AJ, if your interested in being an electrician you can apply at the union all and can go to school and get paid decent while goin. just a heads up...

I think Rob was stating it would be difficult starting out at $50k a year.

Guest Removed

so he can just jump in the field with you and make 50k a year..i dont think so.