New sd card problem

wnaplay1647545503

Bought my daughter a new camera for xmas and my computer doesnt see the memory card when I put it in the slot. However it does see it when I put my identical card in. Anything need done with a new card? The camera recognizes it and she can take pics on the card. I can see the pics as well when I put the card in my camera. Any suggestions?

Bought my daughter a new camera for xmas and my computer doesnt see the memory card when I put it in the slot. However it does see it when I put my identical card in. Anything need done with a new card? The camera recognizes it and she can take pics on the card. I can see the pics as well when I put the card in my camera. Any suggestions?

Try putting the card in the camera and go to the menu of said camera to where you Format the card. Then take a photo and pop it in the computer.

If that doesn't work try this: http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter/

There were also early issues with XP and cards larger than 4gb. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934428

It is possible that the computer assigned the new memory card the same drive letter that has already been assigned. (i.e. new card is assigned drive letter "D" which is also the CD-ROM)

To check, right click on the "my computer" icon and left click on "manage"

On the left, click on "disk management"

On that screen you can

1. verify that the computer is recognizing the card

2. verify the format of the card

3. verify (change) the assigned drive letter.

Is the new card you bought an SDHC card?

Are you using a usb wired external hub to hook up the memory card to your computer?

SDHC cards are newer and have more space. I have used one of those older all in 1 usb memory card hubs. It will only read SD cards anything that is SDHC will not load on my computer. I had to buy a newer usb hub that was compatible for my new memory card to work.

Guest tbutera2112
Is the new card you bought an SDHC card?

Are you using a usb wired external hub to hook up the memory card to your computer?

SDHC cards are newer and have more space. I have used one of those older all in 1 usb memory card hubs. It will only read SD cards anything that is SDHC will not load on my computer. I had to buy a newer usb hub that was compatible for my new memory card to work.

this....anything bigger than 2gigs is gonna be an SDHC card... older readers only pick up SD cards...my computer read my 512mb card, but not my 4gig card...officemax (im sure tons of other places) sells a little adapter...its a card reader that plugs into a usb...plug it into the usb and put the card in it and youre good to go