2011 Mustang 5.0L

zeitgeist57

you think audi's are the only car to do anything and its simply not the case. Have you ever seen any ford intakes they have several that look like that. hell the old shos are similar

http://www.danvm.com/dan/car/images/shov6.jpg

audis are just fag cars and your getting all butt hurt by ford.

Ford had nothing to do with that gem of an engine...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting looking, deep skirt oil pan rails, 6 bolt mains, hell the bottom looks a lot like an LS motor. Those exhaust manifolds look like shorty tri-y headers. They should have just made it a 5.8 if they wanted a throwback and got a few more ponies out of it.

you think audi's are the only car to do anything and its simply not the case. Have you ever seen any ford intakes they have several that look like that. hell the old shos are similar

audis are just fag cars and your getting all butt hurt by ford.

Here we go again. Does that look anything like the new 5.0 intake manifold? No, at least I dont think so.

Everytime I mention Audi, you guys always get butthurt. Its not a case of OMG AUDI DID IT FIRST, but that the audi one looks more like it than the SHO manifold. I also said the 05-09 mustang manifolds looks like the new 5.0, and I'm sure there are plenty other intake manifolds that look just like it, so just stop trying.

PS: ZOMG AUDI DID IT FIRST

Here we go again. Does that look anything like the new 5.0 intake manifold? No, at least I dont think so.

Everytime I mention Audi, you guys always get butthurt. Its not a case of OMG AUDI DID IT FIRST, but that the audi one looks more like it than the SHO manifold. I also said the 05-09 mustang manifolds looks like the new 5.0, and I'm sure there are plenty other intake manifolds that look just like it, so just stop trying.

PS: ZOMG AUDI DID IT FIRST

Consider the source mang.

Oh man, let's not turn this into another Audi vs. world thread.

That being said, in this day and age it is only a matter of time before BMW, Ford, etc get pwned by warranty claims. Yeah back in the day you could engineer a turbo to last forever; because it was oversized, laggy, and understressed. Now people won't stand for that- they want smaller, faster responding, higher-performance turbos... and they're gonna die sooner than a supercharger will in the same application.

i know you think only audi knows what theyre doing, but if s/c is more reliable, please explain why most import and the big 3 are all switching to turbo now instead of s/c?

Want my honest opinion? Well I have a few actually.

1) A brand will do whatever they feel is the best thing at the time for their customer base to sell as many cars as they can.

2) Because thats what happens when you imitate others, you will always be one step behind.

3) Audi is becoming more and more popular, especially in the US, which traditionally is more a supercharger kind of country.

4) The big 3 are known for their "smart" choices.

I just skimmed the article but have they released an estimated price? I did see where they were saying 412hp and estimating a high 12 1320'......that seems like a really low estimate to me.

I now return you to your audi vs the world thread......

On another forum they were saying under $30k which is pretty sweet if its true.

Ha! I'll believe that when I see it. That would be sweet if it were true, but I'd bet this will come in closer to $35k optioned with popular goodies.

Since we've gone OT...

I remember hearing that VW put an oil reservoir above their turbo on the old 1.9L TDI that filled as you drove. This way, a drizzle of oil would still flow around the turbo bearing after shutdown. We've all seen these diesels go 9 trillion miles, and knowing a few guys with them I've never heard of a problem with the turbos...

I still haven't found much on price. Basically speculation is running from $30k to around $37k. I'll be really interested to see if Ford can keep it under $30k to compete with the camaro, since the GT's have always been cheaper than the z/28s right?

Regarding pricing, The Camaro was essentially a totally new car, whereas the 2011 Mustang can trace roots back to the 2005 model, correct? Even with extensive redesigns, I would think Ford could undercut Chevy and still make a profit on the Mustang.

However, I'm just speculating. Most likely the Mustang will be fully priced against the Camaro. I saw an Autoblog article stating that Ford is expecting US consumers to pay a premium for the new Fiesta...not sure if that logic is sound, as the Saturn Astra was fairly priced in the mid-teens and never sold well. We shall see...

Bringing back the "5.0" is enough nearly by itself to make me want one. Good marketing and development by Ford. Had my red '88, perhaps I'll have a red '12. ;)

I didn't even think about that. Hopefully they have some cool commercials with both cars in it (old and new), playing off of that theme.

I didn't even think about that. Hopefully they have some cool commercials with both cars in it (old and new), playing off of that theme.

Yep, would be sweet.

Queue red '82 GT, pounding pavement. White '94 GT rolls in from the left, busting ass on the '82. Racing in from the right is the blue '89 LX convertible, holding ground with the other two. Roaring in fast from behind, the black '11 5.0, music uptempo as it passes all three to take the lead, all four now blistering across screen - end with Ford oval.

:cool: