What daily?

Cordell

So as most of you know I have a Camaro that I will not part with and don't want to use as a daily. I have an 01 Impala that was my wife's car, but its pretty worn out. I really want to look into something else in the next year or so that can be a great daily, accept a few mods, and be a pleasure to drive. I would prefer RWD or AWD, it must be reliable, and all for around $10k.

disclaimer: I will not even consider a Honda, Toyota, or anything from Germany.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you against suvs or trucks? Oh and are you working again?

I'm not against a truck, but thats all I've ever had before the Camaro.

No I haven't got back to work, but I'm not talking about buying something right now. I just want some other ideas to research that my close minded Chevy head hasn't thought of.

Guest tbutera2112
Yeah, WRX's go for around that. Most definitely what I would go for, especially living in Ohio.

he can even get a low mile (sub 50k) base model impreza for that price...still awd and still would be a great daily

$10k range? They seem cool, but I've never looked into them or had the pleasure of driving one.

Absolutely. I found a few on Autotrader just now. Not many around, but I bet in another year there will be more available. Be perfect for you I think: Quick, fun to drive, and you enjoy working on cars, so the rotary engine would be fun for you to tear apart every 40k miles. :)

FWD, '04+ Grand Prix GTP.

RWD, '94-'96 Impala SS.

AWD, WRX.

4x4, '99+ Silverado/Sierra.

Those would be my choices. Personally I'd love to have a WRX if I could afford one. I'd also add a CTS to the list.

I 100% love your choices and love all those cars. Here's my issue, 3800 cars are FWD unless its an f-body, which I don't need another. Impalas are getting a little too old, and I'd want to fix it up and keep it nice, so daily duties wouldn't suit me. Trucks just aren't fun unless there is snow on the ground, or I'd be making big mods.

Really wish they made a RWD Cobalt.