If you had to move to a different state...

Guest JCroz91

Guest JCroz91
Yes, cost of living in Hawaii is a little more than Ohio but most beautiful state I have ever been too. I have been to 46 of the 50 states.

but where cost of living is more doesnt that mean jobs pay batter and such?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but where cost of living is more doesnt that mean jobs pay batter and such?

Theoretically. Keep in mind that doesn't always apply to places where rich people move to when they decide to retire. Then again, those people still need non-rich people to run their gas stations and stores, so there has to be moderately priced living somewhere nearby, although it can be pretty small and crappy.

Colorado. We just got back from a week long trip of skiing and asking our selfs "how would i like to live here"

CO springs sucks, Denver is ok, lots to see and do, but traffic is a pain. Ft Colins and Boulder is where its at, but for a couple years i want to be in the heart of it: Avon, Vail, Breckenridge. 5min and 2$ bus ride to the slopes for world class skiing from october to march ($500 season pass gives you access to 7 diferent resorts) and mountain biking, road biking, rafting, kayaking and hiking in the summer.

the goal date is early 2012

Been living on a coast of some sort ever since I left Ohio 5+ years ago. The ocean scene as gotten a bit old by now. I visited Colorado for the first time over New Years and loved it. Considering a move there once this career runs itself dry.

Seattle, Washington. Beautiful place, people as friendly as the mid-west and much better looking girls. Plus Ive got a couple family members there. No sales tax, mountains 45 mins away to snowboard, temperate all year and they have a pro baseball team.

Oh, dont forget Pete Caroll :p

we are actually planning on moving to northern california by the end of march...i can transfer out there with whole foods...

we want to live some place that's somewhat warm most of the time and we can drive our mazda year round on some fun roads

i think we are aiming for the Santa Rosa area....somewhat cheap compared to the rest of california and there are like 5-6 whole foods just in that small area....plus it's only 50-60 mins to san fran and close to lots of race tracks :)

North Carolina- Lived in Wilmington for a year and really liked it. Weather was really nice and close to a beach.

Minnesota- I visited my cousin in Minneapolis and fell in love with what I saw. Public transportation is amazing.

I've highly considered moving to both of those places for the last 2 years.

Yes, cost of living in Hawaii is a little more than Ohio but most beautiful state I have ever been too. I have been to 46 of the 50 states.

Small towns on the Big Island are just about the same cost of living as Columbus. I can buy a 2 acre lot in a smallish town outside Hilo for around $25,000. Cars are more expensive there, but stuff like food that is grown there, is less.