Columbus Cars and Coffee - 2010

zeitgeist57

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Funny thing is I'm at my parents' house in Euclid right now, visiting for the weekend... :)

If you wanted to get a group from Cleveland organized some weekends, just let me know and I'll post "extended hours" on the site so people know ahead of time. Anyone that attended last year will tell you that there would frequently be people until 11am and noon if the weather was nice enough...it's not like we get "kicked out" at 10am!!!

If you don't remove the salt spray first, the paint won't stick :rolleyes:

Would it work better for you if I blasted the Subaru with salt first and then added a rusting agent to the sides of the car with the information for the embossed look? If so can I do it in your shop? lolz.

Would it work better for you if I blasted the Subaru with salt first and then added a rusting agent to the sides of the car with the information for the embossed look? If so can I do it in your shop? lolz.

You silly goose, Subies come standard from the factory with rust enhancers embedded in the paint, so you got that covered .....

• 1 month later...

I'm waiting to hear back from Steve Block regarding a discount for meets in Reynoldsburg, but we are definitely a go for both sites this year.

Please post info in other local car sites you know of. Every gearhead and car nut in Ohio is invited!

Cool idea- I plan to attend a few of these for sure! I like that it is realistic with busy schedules... question along the same line though-

Will I be ridiculed if I haven't washed my car for weeks? I have been to events where the guys get up at some insane hour, go over the car, and then as they arrive at the event actually use no water quick shine to clear the road dust that may have accumulated on their headlights on the drive over...

I am one of those enthusiasts that enjoys the mechanical driving experience more than its polish and and as long as the water still beads when it rains I am good until I can get enough time to shine it again. Damn brake dust on these aggressive pads though.... wow.

The website looks good! You may want to put some sort of note on there though to tell people not to screw around so that the management of these establishments will not withdraw their permissions... especially since it is open to everyone.

Cool idea- I plan to attend a few of these for sure! I like that it is realistic with busy schedules... question along the same line though-

Will I be ridiculed if I haven't washed my car for weeks? I have been to events where the guys get up at some insane hour, go over the car, and then as they arrive at the event actually use no water quick shine to clear the road dust that may have accumulated on their headlights on the drive over...

I am one of those enthusiasts that enjoys the mechanical driving experience more than its polish and and as long as the water still beads when it rains I am good until I can get enough time to shine it again. Damn brake dust on these aggressive pads though.... wow.

The website looks good! You may want to put some sort of note on there though to tell people not to screw around so that the management of these establishments will not withdraw their permissions... especially since it is open to everyone.

Great questions...

As the founder, I can't tell you how many coffees I showed up in with my Corvette or CLeetus dirty as sin. I tried to clean them the night before or morning of, but failed frequently. Don't worry...it's not a car show. :D Dirty rides are welcome...

You should see some of the Dubheads that come out...rust buckets with 30-yr old dents! Still cool stuff...

Last year I told people not to fuck around, but you will see that 8am-noon doesn't draw out any punks...slackers and losers are still sleeping. It's a great crowd of people enjoying the morning sun, cars, coffee and good conversation.

Like I've said many times before...I didn't invent the Cars and Coffee idea, I just brought a structure to Columbus. It works. :thumbup: