columbus roads...

SRTurbo04

SUCK ASSS

sooo lovely day yesterday. driving down 270 towards Easton coming from broad street ladie dah minding my own business when BAM BOOOM CRASH CRAPPPPp my car gets sucked into this canyon of a pot hole…. the whole car dips down an jerks an gets wobbly from such a harsh pothole… 15 seconds lady hard shake then thud thud thud thud thud FUCKKKKKKKK.

pull over sure enough flat tire… but not just any flat tire this pot hole ripped this tire to shreds. ripped a hole from the sidewall all the way through 1.2 of the top of the tire. an I wouldn't be surprised if it bent the shit out of this rim

ughh FML to top it off a highway patrol comes on bye like they normally do to make sure your ok… an then proceeds to get me a warning ticket for my window tint… come onnnn kick me when im down!!!!!!!

but here is the kicker… odot was 100 yards behind me filling in pot holes… when I got back to my car with my spare(I don’t carry one cause im an idiot) they were right behind my car. ahhhh fuck you odot!!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

send the repair bill to the city, we've had several customers come in with bent/damaged wheels and tires from all the pot holes

thats what the cop said but wouldnt even know wheer to start to try this.

People should watch the road more often, as well. :thumbup:

cars on both side of me eathier hit a pothole or swerve into another car...

I just can't believe how bad Bethel road is. Not only does it suck for holes in some spots, but I left my gf's place at 9:45 this morning and it was worse in terms of snow and shit than Waggoner road is at 7am. ridiculous.

thats what the cop said but wouldnt even know wheer to start to try this.

cars on both side of me eathier hit a pothole or swerve into another car...

I think the city has a certain amount of time to repair the potholes from the time they are reported. Anything in between that time will not be covered by the city. Its been all over the news. Unless you can prove the city was neglectful in patching that particular pot hole then it sounds like you SOL.

270 by the twin water tanks is terrible both ways, and only in the center lanes.

This is why I only drive on the far left lane. I do get over a lane to the right if I am holding up traffic. Unlike this HOMO IN A RED MUSTANG last night when I was driving home from Nationwide Arena. Thanks for going 55 in the left most lane. I guess the whole line of traffic passing you on the right wasn't enough of a hint to get your slow ass car over a lane. Fucking assholes.

Paul - I feel your pain. Same thing happened to me this morning in the BMW. I have already got ahold of ODOT. Per Vicki - submit the claim. They are paying out on almost all that are being submitted. Here is the link she gave me with the form.

http://www.cco.state.oh.us/CCO2007/Court%20Forms/AD_Complaint_form.pdf

Here is their contact number - ODOT's Central Office General Number is (614) 466-7170.

Just follow the prompts until you get to the "report damage to your vehicle."

Mine happened as I was getting off for work at 270 and 161 in Dublin. Hit the hole at about 60 or so, bent the rim BAD...made the clear coat peel and put a large V in the lip. I got my quote from MAG for just my wheel is 547!! LOL. Its the deep lip 17" BBS wheel. Oh well, I know I could find a used one MUCH cheaper, but why should I have to?

Edited by FormulaMatt

People should watch the road more often, as well. :thumbup:

X2 Pay Attention! If it's big enough to fuckin swallow up your car you should have been able to see it coming! And don't make excuses either. This is 100% avoidable and by posting this you just show everyone what a danger you are behind the wheel. :asshole:

Actually, that sucks man. There are a few by my house and every now and again I'll hit one and it just pisses me off!

X2 Pay Attention! If it's big enough to fuckin swallow up your car you should have been able to see it coming! And don't make excuses either. This is 100% avoidable and by posting this you just show everyone what a danger you are behind the wheel. :asshole:

Yeah, I wish it was avoidable...cars on all side of me equals no where to go...

Paul - I feel your pain. Same thing happened to me this morning in the BMW. I have already got ahold of ODOT. Per Vicki - submit the claim. They are paying out on almost all that are being submitted. Here is the link she gave me with the form.

http://www.cco.state.oh.us/CCO2007/Court%20Forms/AD_Complaint_form.pdf

Mine happened as I was getting off for work at 270 and 161 in Dublin. Hit the hole at about 60 or so, bent the rim BAD...made the clear coat peel and put a large V in the lip. I got my quote from MAG for just my wheel is 547!! LOL. Its the deep lip 17" BBS wheel. Oh well, I know I could find a used one MUCH cheaper, but why should I have to?

pmd thanks

Actually, that sucks man. There are a few by my house and every now and again I'll hit one and it just pisses me off!

:finger: