columbus roads...

SRTurbo04

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the city has a certain amount of time to repair the potholes from the time they are reported. Anything in between that time will not be covered by the city. Its been all over the news. Unless you can prove the city was neglectful in patching that particular pot hole then it sounds like you SOL.

if i remember correctly, last winter on the news they said you CAN make a claim to the city/state/county whoever is in charge of the road, but they have to have at least three complaints about the pothole before its considered negligent. so IMO its pretty much a dead end road. even if they DID have three or more complaints, i dont know how you'd prove it. they probably keep a record for the first two then throw away every one after that.

Spent most of today out on calls, dodging and weaving through traffic. I actually had a Franklin County Sheriff come up close on me on 270 on the south end.....likely saw me dodging all the holes. I didn't care, he must have ran my plate and then backed off a bit but stayed to watch the show. Duck-weave, etc....He got caught by 1-2 of them after I moved around them :D He likely could care less though.

Columbus Roads....suck ass!

My coilovers feel every little bump in the road, my car is basically a rattletrap. I've taken to swerving and generally avoiding potholes at all costs. Hell some freeways it's like doing a fucking slalom avoid potholes (some of which, as you described, are the size of canyons).

Sucks to hear Paul. In the future you should consider proper use of your turbo boost button.

+1

I usually just hit the spray when I encounter potholes. Sure, I usually put a hole in my #7 piston, but fuck I fly over those potholes like nobody's bizznezz.

Sucks to hear Paul. In the future you should consider proper use of your turbo boost button.

+1

I usually just hit the spray when I encounter potholes. Sure, I usually put a hole in my #7 piston, but fuck I fly over those potholes like nobody's bizznezz.

lol both winners... but no spooolin for me clutch is toast under boost. (replacing thsi month)

ill be calling them again at noon if they dont call me back by noon.

:( my car looks ugly as shit now(well more then it alreaddy did) but it sok got me to be unlazy an i put the blizzicks on...well one side gotta get the other side on haah

Guest Removed
Paul - I feel your pain. Same thing happened to me this morning in the BMW. I have already got ahold of ODOT. Per Vicki - submit the claim. They are paying out on almost all that are being submitted. Here is the link she gave me with the form.

http://www.cco.state.oh.us/CCO2007/Court%20Forms/AD_Complaint_form.pdf

Here is their contact number - ODOT's Central Office General Number is (614) 466-7170.

Just follow the prompts until you get to the "report damage to your vehicle."

Mine happened as I was getting off for work at 270 and 161 in Dublin. Hit the hole at about 60 or so, bent the rim BAD...made the clear coat peel and put a large V in the lip. I got my quote from MAG for just my wheel is 547!! LOL. Its the deep lip 17" BBS wheel. Oh well, I know I could find a used one MUCH cheaper, but why should I have to?

i got a hook up on bmw parts;)

And as far as claiming stuff under damage... ALWAYS CALL AND ASK IF "X" pothole has been reported yet. If the pothole or whatever it was that caused the damage had been notified to them and nothing was done to it within 1 month then they are liable for all damages.

If you say hey I want to report this pothole and it fucked up my car, they'll most likely just say sorry.

They need to just rip up the road and repave. Give some people some jobs.

I'd rather have them use some quality engineering and materials and do the fucking job right the first time. There's no reason to have to pave the road every 2 years and fix pot holes every season. I'll take a tax savings vs jobs for road crews any day.

I'd rather have them use some quality engineering and materials and do the fucking job right the first time. There's no reason to have to pave the road every 2 years and fix pot holes every season. I'll take a tax savings vs jobs for road crews any day.

this x10000000

People should watch the road more often, as well. :thumbup:

So what do you have to say about night-time hits? Pitch black cloudy night traveling on dark grey pavement at 65mph, an I'm supposed to see a dark hole while also keeping an eye on traffic?

BTW, 270 eastbound over Alkire Rd, middle lane. Outer lips of the rim is bent back til it cracked just outside of the tire bead. Wheel Medic already said they weren't comfortable repairing a wheel with a crack that long or that lose the spoke. Compression, microfractures, etc.... The worst f it is that the wheel is a Konig, but was exclusive to Discount Tire, and I got it on clearance because they discontinued it due to lack of sales. Sooo, not only is that wheel smashed, but there are NO replacements available, not on eBay, Craigslist, or anywhere else, because I'm one of only a few that bought the damn things. Which means I'm stuck buying a whole new set of rims.

ODOT also sent me to http://www.cco.state.oh.us/CCO2007/Court%20Forms/AD_Complaint_form.pdf

Anybody want to go in together to start a class action to force the state and feds to improve the standards for the pavement and concrete they allow to be used on roads? Because it's not just the Lowest-bidder thing, the state has minimum standards for pavement that are FAR too lax.

Edited by GonneVille

You can just send in an estimate too Paul. You send it in when you file with the court.

Yup gonna get an estimate. Tomorrow an send in with the claim she said I've gotta send it threw the mail hope they accept it I'm a little pissed ahhh

Sounds like the best option is to snag a cheap set of stealies with a cheap set of snow tires and roll those when the weather gets bad. I know my Impala has been a pig to drive so far this winter. No wheel damage yet, but no sense waiting till I have some to realize I'm rolling on the wrong wheels and tires for the weather.

Sounds like the best option is to snag a cheap set of stealies with a cheap set of snow tires and roll those when the weather gets bad. I know my Impala has been a pig to drive so far this winter. No wheel damage yet, but no sense waiting till I have some to realize I'm rolling on the wrong wheels and tires for the weather.

ive tgot a few sets ... i just hapen to of had my good wheels on cause the weathers been so nice go figure