Best Barbeque in columbus

SLOWLX

+1 for Barley's

Not only do they have very good BBQ (not the best anywhere, but very good IMO) they have some pretty damn tasty beer selections. I'm not a big fan of smoked sausage usually (ha), but theirs is awesome. I think you can only get it in the sampler, but they'll let you substitute out some of the other stuff for more sausage.

Edit: Unless you like paying for parking, go to the Smokehouse over on Dublin Rd. (Grandview), not the original one on High st. It's a much bigger place with more seating anyway.

Dickey's is pretty good too if you're more into the fast food approach rather than lounging around drinking beers. We go there for lunch pretty often.

superbowl meats I'm smoking:

brisket

butt

ribs

wings

stuffed sausages with kraut,cheese, and jalepeno's.

I smoke stuff on average of once a week year round. A few weeks ago it was 20 degrees out and my smoker was running. Next to cars and hunting smoking is my favorite hobby.

They were delicious, but they definitely overshot their market share. It seems like they were doing great as a small shop in New Albany then had 0 business when they moved to Columbus Square.

He is now closed. He, during warm weather, runs a "cart" now at Pacemont and High. Actually the ad I have says he is running it all winter.

Route 62 plain rocks.

The best though...mine LOL. I did some ribs, chicken, sausage and beans. Love running the smokers.

He is now closed. He, during warm weather, runs a "cart" now at Pacemont and High. Actually the ad I have says he is running it all winter.

Route 62 plain rocks.

The best though...mine LOL. I did some ribs, chicken, sausage and beans. Love running the smokers.

Yeah I knew he closed. I just remember thinking when he moved to Columbus Square... wtf are you doing?!

Route 62 plain rocks.

what kinda smoker do you have? I have a texas style chargriller and a big smoky mountain propane although I loaned out the propane smoker because I never used it. I do a lot of briskets and butts usually. I'll mix in some wings, ribs, country ribs, and bologna here and there too. I'm serious when I say I smoke stuff almost every week. I just went and bought 2 briskets, a butt, and wings to do this weekend for the superbowl. I'll grill the stuffed sausages. There are about 4 of us that are into smoking but they live up by canton. We still get together pretty regular and cook. We're putting together a smoke wagon now to start carting around and do some contests hopefully this summer.

Yeah I knew he closed. I just remember thinking when he moved to Columbus Square... wtf are you doing?!

I heard that. He actually went through two spots there. The first was an old Bob Evans. The things was HUGE, what a mistake. The second place was smaller and nicer but never took off. I had his brisket twice and I was a little dissapointed. However he is a good guy. I judged Rib fest with him twice. I loved his corn appetizer the stuff was the sh$t lol.