Post up your Pre/Post Workout Supplements

dover

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

son i'll be more jacked than you by then and i'm not even going to PCB.

as for me, low carb,low calorie,high protein diet consisting of grilled chicken, grilled fish, tuna, lots and lots of veggies and salad, yogurt, and cutting back on alcohol a lot.

taking an ECA right now and i have dropped 9lbs of water weight over the last 2 weeks.

ordering some Super Pump 250 and Battle Fuel testosterone boost tomorrow.

I guess you hide out in my mirror.

Im not saying Ill be more pumped than you Im saying most in this thread think any supplements dont do anything.

Nathan Im gonna kill you, Ill be bangin your girl while you hold a cup of water for me in the hotel.

I've understood Muscle milk and Monster milk weren't the best for a post-workout protein source because it's basically a time released formula that should be taken earlier in the day, and then you suppliment with a whey or different protein within 30min of your workout.

I drink a shake in the bright early morning and than another post workout, I eat hardy protein based meals throughout the day, so I don't drink the shakes for the delayed protein effect but more to just accomplish getting my bodyweight in protein in a 24 hour period.

Lately I've been on a scrambled eggs kick (they are cheap, easy to make, and delicious) so I've gotten into the habit of eating a lot of eggs. When I am actually in my workout routine (which is not nearly often enough) I eat eggs for breakfast, work out an hour later, and afterwards I drink a big glass of chocolate milk with some scoops of whey protein powder. Whether the powder actually helps or not, I don't know.

I need to gain weight (6'3'' 175 lbs, I wanna be closer to 200) and for a guy who rarely works out I'm pretty fucking toned, I just need to add some damn muscle so I'm not so skinny/lanky.

One question: someone told me that eating too much eggs is bad for you? There were a couple times in the past week or so where I've eaten a dozen eggs in one day. I don't see how that is bad...

Lately I've been on a scrambled eggs kick (they are cheap, easy to make, and delicious) so I've gotten into the habit of eating a lot of eggs. When I am actually in my workout routine (which is not nearly often enough) I eat eggs for breakfast, work out an hour later, and afterwards I drink a big glass of chocolate milk with some scoops of whey protein powder. Whether the powder actually helps or not, I don't know.

I need to gain weight (6'3'' 175 lbs, I wanna be closer to 200) and for a guy who rarely works out I'm pretty fucking toned, I just need to add some damn muscle so I'm not so skinny/lanky.

One question: someone told me that eating too much eggs is bad for you? There were a couple times in the past week or so where I've eaten a dozen eggs in one day. I don't see how that is bad...

how many yolks?

hmm, good to know. I just crack them all into a bowl, mix them up, and dump them into the frying pan. From a healthy eating standpoint, I never thought about separating the yolks.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, making a scrambled egg sandwich (omelette filled with shredded cheddar, between two pieces of toast) is THE BUSINESS! Shits delicious, try it if you haven't

hmm, good to know. I just crack them all into a bowl, mix them up, and dump them into the frying pan. From a healthy eating standpoint, I never thought about separating the yolks.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, making a scrambled egg sandwich (omelette filled with shredded cheddar, between two pieces of toast) is THE BUSINESS! Shits delicious, try it if you haven't

By eating eggs, you're going after the protein found in the whites of the eggs. Eating the yolk has a lot of other good nutrients, but way too much cholesterol in them, which is why I understood to eat the yolks sparingly.

By eating eggs, you're going after the protein found in the whites of the eggs. Eating the yolk has a lot of other good nutrients, but way too much cholesterol in them, which is why I understood to eat the yolks sparingly.

Good info, thanks guys :cool:

Thanks for the kind words Shanton, Ive put on 22lbs in 2 months :cool:

Spring break baby, spring break!

22lbs in 2 months, just with p90x?! That's pretty good.. I've only gained ~26lbs in 6 months, but I was also a scrawny fucker and started at 136lbs when I weighed 5'10" :lol:

22lbs in 2 months, just with p90x?! That's pretty good.. I've only gained ~26lbs in 6 months, but I was also a scrawny fucker and started at 136lbs when I weighed 5'10" :lol:

how the fuck did you weigh 5'10"?

I really like mine, and I do it every night.

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af262/Boosted_ace/xbox_360_black.jpg

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af262/Boosted_ace/ap123a-r.jpg

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af262/Boosted_ace/mountain_dew.jpg

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af262/Boosted_ace/Marlboro.jpg

I've understood Muscle milk and Monster milk weren't the best for a post-workout protein source because it's basically a time released formula that should be taken earlier in the day, and then you suppliment with a whey or different protein within 30min of your workout.

Yeah, ideally, I'd like to have two scoops (i.e., about 30 to 40 grams) of whey protein immediately post-workout. However, I don't live close to the gym and, with traffic, I don't get home (to the blender) quick enough to get in the protein shake. So, my next best thing is to take the Muscle Milk's with me - their portable and I can have them immediately after. The way I see it: some protein (even if it's not the best protein) immediately post-work out > no protein at all (and watching my muscles eat themselves post-workout).

You guys seem way to concerned over protein for recovery. You are suppose to eat/drink something with a 4-1 Carb to protein ratio right after working out. Dumping a bunch of protein in your stomach just sits there and slows down digestion. That's what makes chocolate milk and yogurt so good, because its at that ratio, and has just enough sugar to bump your insulin levels.

But fucking juice heads always now better, spring break bro, i be getting mad swollen with my supplements.

You guys seem way to concerned over protein for recovery. You are suppose to eat/drink something with a 4-1 Carb to protein ratio right after working out. Dumping a bunch of protein in your stomach just sits there and slows down digestion. That's what makes chocolate milk and yogurt so good, because its at that ratio, and has just enough sugar to bump your insulin levels.

But fucking juice heads always now better, spring break bro, i be getting mad swollen with my supplements.

Shut up, fatass.