What would you do?

Drewhop

Back off and call the cops. Its only a car.. not worth it.

If you really need the car get support from the police since you are doing your job and the other person threatened your life. Tail them until the cops get them. Take car, go about your business. Guns are for when you have no choice, in this situation you have a choice.

If you really need the car get support from the police since you are doing your job and the other person threatened your life. Tail them until the cops get them. Take car, go about your business. Guns are for when you have no choice, in this situation you have a choice.

Ding ding ding!

I'm not sure though how the courts would handle this one, if you did have to shoot him. You're technically instigating the situation, which is a no-no in self defense situations, but it's also your job. I'm also going to agree with Copperhead, in that, you should try to be as tactical about it as possible. Yea, I know that won't always work, but it could save you some future trouble.

Headshot...... but seriously what this guy said.

Little secret to tell you guys: If operation Repo were real, the entire cast would have been arrested 50 times over for the shit they pull. Using force during a repo is seriously illegal in most places. In some states it would be considered strong-arm or armed robbery.

Those guys are such douchebags. Complete waste of time and space.

The situation I posted was something that actually happened wednesday.

I used to repo cars on daily basis now I just do it when someone is trying to pull a fast one on me.

To all the people in this thread that said they would immediately go to their gun (after they ducked behind their car, building, etc) I hope you like jail. You would have fucked up the escalation-of-force chain so bad the prosecuting attorney would have a field day with your case.

Oh, and a warning shot??!? Give me a fucking break.

What I'd do though is get leave the situation. Don't let your machismo or ego get in the way of your logical and rational thinking. Taking a car vs. potentially taking a life. It's kind of a no brainer to just walk away. They can't be around that car 24x7.

The gun isn't on you as a persuasive device against someone else. It's there for your protection, in the event you find yourself in circumstance you can't get out of and you're down to your last option. There may not be a duty to retreat, but you can not use your weapon because you create a situation where someone turns violent to you and you can avoid it.

If I were in that line of work, I'd likely carry a taser and a gun. Then when in that exact situation, I would put them down with the Taser without hesitation, restrain the individual with something. Immediately call the cops, wait until they arrive, file a report and continue doing my job.

Can't say for sure as I'm not in that line of work. All I know is when I have my gun on my person or in my car, my very last resort is to pull it because I'm under the belief that you don't pull it out unless you're 100% prepared to take a life. A repo, especially if it's just my job, isn't worth my living with all that comes with killing someone.

Can't wait to hear the details.

Right on. From the sounds of it, this guy didn't really seem like he was ligitmately going to hurt/kill...but, I wasn't there. I also agree with not pulling the weapon unless you are fully prepared to take a life. The law is very clear about the burden of proof that you feared for your life/safety before you can use deadly force. I just hope I am never put in a situation where I have to find out.

I remember on campus when a tow truck driver tried to tow my buddies car out of a parking lot and dropped the boom down on his foot. that got ugly. driver then slammed him up against his own car as 2 more buddy tow trucks came in. that guy lost his job.

firing warning shot. your dumb.

keep your gun holstered until that drug addict attacks you in some way and call the police.

or just avoid him and wait til he's not around his car. (smartest thing)